Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others (43103 Views)

U.S. To Give Americans COVID-19 Vaccines Before Discussing Sharing With Mexico / Some Diets Pregnant Women Should Avoid / Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by izzyboi(m): 5:52pm On Mar 10, 2018
It is a good thing to share things with others because love is sharing, however, there are some things you should avoid sharing with anyone. Here is a list of 7 things you won’t want to share after reading this post so…

Read On!

1.Toothbrush: The toothbrush is used to wash the mouth. Toothbrush harbour bacteria and other microorganisms after they are used. There is also a possibility of it transferring HIV if its bristles have pierced an infected individual. Therefore, do not share your toothbrush.

2. Nail Clippers: It may seem harmless to share nail clippers but there are a lot of medical conditions that could spread through the sharing of nail clippers which includes fungal infections (e.g. Athlete foot- a common fungal infection that usually affects the area between the toes with symptoms of redness, cracking and itching), bacterial infections (e.g. Paronychia- an infection of the nail fold where the nail meets the skin of the finger or toe, which causes redness and swelling and in some cases, blisters) and viral infections like hepatitis (The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends not sharing nail clippers as one of the preventative measures against spreading Hepatitis C, in particular).

3. Earphones: “When you share headphones, you’re doubling the microbial flora in your ears and introducing new bacteria,” says germ expert Kelly Reynolds, Ph.D. from the University of Arizona. Most people carry these kind of bacteria without any problem but when it goes beyond the threshold of the body or a new bacteria is introduced, it results into a ear infection.

4. Deodorants: Deodorants are applied on the armpit. Sharing deodorants allows for the transfer of skin cells, hair and bacteria. And when this is in excess, it can result into infections or diseases.

5. Underwear: Do I need to talk on this? Sharing underwear sounds gross on its own. Apart from this, it can transfer vaginal infections, sharing underwears increases the probability of getting sexually transmitted infections (STI) and pubic lice

6. Lip Balm: How do we apply lip balm? By rubbing it directly on our lips or by taking a swap on our fingertips and then apply to our lips. However, both transfer bacteria! The lips have extensive blood vessels just under its surface ,so bacteria can be passed easily into the bloodstream through the thin membrane. Sharing lip balm with others increases the chances of contracting herpes and mouth ulcers!

7. Bar of Soap: Sharing a bar of bathing soap can result in to transmission of scabies, herpes, body lice and harmful bacteria from one person to another. And considering, the inexpensive nature of bar soaps and seriousness of the above problems, you should avoid sharing a bar of soap.

I hope this list has made you see that sharing is not always caring! Cheers!

https://didyouknowthesefacts./2018/03/07/7-things-you-should-not-share-with-others/

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by Unionised(m): 5:54pm On Mar 10, 2018
Haba...

Go buy some paragraph and spacing, they are cheap...

I don't share REMOTE Control on weekends... grin

55 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by izzyboi(m): 5:56pm On Mar 10, 2018
Unionised:
Haba...

I have done that
EDITED
THIS IS MY FIRST TIME MAKING FRONT PAGE ON NAIRALAND. I'M IN A STATE OF EUPHORIA. THANKS NAIRALAND smiley
Unionised:
Haba...

I have done that
EDITED
THIS IS MY FIRST TIME MAKING FRONT PAGE ON NAIRALAND. I'M IN A STATE OF EUPHORIA. THANKS NAIRALAND

18 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by izzyboi(m): 6:01pm On Mar 10, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by thesicilian: 6:12pm On Mar 10, 2018
Unionised:
Haba...

He doesn't share his paragraphs and space with anyone

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by izzyboi(m): 6:18pm On Mar 10, 2018
thesicilian:
He doesn't share his paragraphs and space with anyone
lol... I have corrected that

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by ednut1(m): 6:55pm On Mar 10, 2018
8 secrets. The person u dey tell ur secret has no use for it. Can only be used against u. And when he does u go vex. U be like u cant even keep a secret , asif u wey get secret self keep am to u self grin

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by DrRasheed: 6:55pm On Mar 10, 2018
They really aren't worth sharing.
U can't evade sharing air piece with a friends of mine.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by robonski15(m): 6:56pm On Mar 10, 2018
Bar of soap
Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by Lomprico2: 6:56pm On Mar 10, 2018
@6, so u are saying we should not kiss again!

Gerarahere mahn! angry
Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by millomaniac: 6:56pm On Mar 10, 2018
Must you add no 7
Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by ALAYORMII: 6:56pm On Mar 10, 2018
What about ur woman??

3 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by Dramadiddy(m): 6:56pm On Mar 10, 2018
towel too

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by don4real18(m): 6:56pm On Mar 10, 2018
8. Don't share your secrets... Especially with a woman grin grin grin
I have met ladies who shared people's secrets with me for no reason... I guess it's due to my intimidating features that they say it unknowingly cool

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by rawpadgin(m): 6:56pm On Mar 10, 2018
ALAYORMII:
What about ur woman??
u can share ur girl with me tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by BadBlaize(m): 6:58pm On Mar 10, 2018
How can som1 share tooth brush and underwear

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by GideonIdaboh(f): 6:58pm On Mar 10, 2018
Spoons and cups?
Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by Christane: 6:59pm On Mar 10, 2018
guys shud keep their dick for one partner and girls shud kip their pussy 4 one man ..they shud stop sharing it upandan ..say NO to 4ucking anyhow.

15 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by Gkay1(m): 6:59pm On Mar 10, 2018
wetin
Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by ALAYORMII: 6:59pm On Mar 10, 2018
rawpadgin:
u can share ur girl with me tongue tongue

RIP in advance

3 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by Riversides2003(m): 6:59pm On Mar 10, 2018
A
Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by Riversides2003(m): 7:00pm On Mar 10, 2018
Your Spouse
Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by JayEye(m): 7:01pm On Mar 10, 2018

3 Likes

Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by sirBLUNT: 7:01pm On Mar 10, 2018
naturally i detest sharing things with other's...infact when i wear a shirt i don't even want to see anybody wearing that type of shirt talk more of the afforementioned

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by chiefojiji(m): 7:02pm On Mar 10, 2018
Who can share some airtime with me? MTN... At least it is not listed above

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by kenodrill: 7:02pm On Mar 10, 2018
1)whats the difference between sharing toothbrush n having a deep kiss?

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by Gangster1ms: 7:02pm On Mar 10, 2018
Na wa o.. na only nail cutter me dey share sha cry
Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by stagger: 7:02pm On Mar 10, 2018
Towel nko?
Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by afm4ever(m): 7:02pm On Mar 10, 2018
hmmm no b small tino
Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by Cutehector(m): 7:03pm On Mar 10, 2018
don4real18:
8. Don't share your secrets... Especially with a woman grin grin grin
I have met ladies who shared people's secrets with me for no reason... I guess it's due to my intimidating features that they say it unknowingly cool
you are right on this. Most women even disclose detailed report of their sexual life with their boyfriend or husband to their female friends..

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by moscobabs(m): 7:03pm On Mar 10, 2018
When I was single and student I used all those items with friends and doesn't change anything in me, the only thing I can't share with another person is my wife, I can't just imagine my wife under any man God forbid. If I heard about it I will kill the concubine and the wife.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Things You Should Avoid Sharing With Others by coldsummer: 7:03pm On Mar 10, 2018
Ha if it's that easy all of us that spent out secondary schools days in the hostel would have died before finishing University.

One bar of soap belongs to everyone in the hostel

Oyinbo skin different from our own. We are WAKANDA

����

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In Which Hospital Can I Check For GENOTYPE Of Unborn Child Here In Nigeria. / Man Dies Hours Before His Flight To The UK For His Masters Programme / Coronavirus: Amaka Okoro Wanted In Edo By Governor Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.