Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? (20600 Views)

How To Use Split-screen On Infinix Note 7 / How To Enable Split Screen Function On Your Android Phone / Techno K7 Split Screen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 22, 2018
Chimoski87:

Mine is even s3 mini and its android version is 4.2.2 and it works perfectly. All you need is first, play the video from the inbuilt video player and you can take the video anywhere with you while equally doing other things. Or even if you are already doing something else, the video must be played from the inbuilt video player

Like I said this feature had been available on Samsung flagship phones for a long time. But for every other Android phones it's only available from Android 7.0.

Moreover this one u have is not multi window. It's pop up window where u can play video from the inbuilt video player and then minimize it let it play in a small window while u do something else. But u cannot play touribe video and what's app at the same time. Or open navigation and web browser at the same time. That is only available on Android 7.0 upwards on every phones and on Samsung flagship phones from gakaxy s4 or so. Samsung flagships even have advanced features like opening up to 4 windows at the same time side by side, more advanced than the native Android multi window.
Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by DCONE1(m): 11:38pm On Mar 22, 2018
greenhulk:

If ur phone is not running Android 7.0 and above don't bother, unless u have a Samsung flagship phone then it can work with even Android 5.0. if ur phone meets the specifications, then open an app, then press and hold the recent apps button and it will bring out a list of apps that can be opened in the second window. Or u can also do it by holding the recent apps button, then press home button and select another app and both apps will appear in a multiwindow. The image below is me watching YouTube and doing nairaland.
I'm using Samsung J3 emerge
Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by Donahue(m): 2:46am On Mar 23, 2018
lol.... should be more concentrated when chating with girlfriend.

lowkey28:
I find it difficult using it unless I'm chatting with my girlfriend.
Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by Donahue(m): 2:47am On Mar 23, 2018
Yeah,didn't miss anything.

greenhulk:
I use it everyday. Watching YouTube and whatsapping couldn't be better.
Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by DankemzI(m): 3:16am On Mar 23, 2018
Mine is saying app not supported
Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by lamotra: 7:47am On Mar 23, 2018
ok
Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by kelvinklein219(m): 7:49am On Mar 23, 2018
Tenison96:

Not necessarily Android 7.0.
I first used it on android 5.1
I first used it on my Samsung s4, i think android 4.4.2 v
Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by israelmao(m): 7:50am On Mar 23, 2018
My problem with smartphone is how its screen is easily scattered!
Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by Mynd44: 7:56am On Mar 23, 2018
Doesn't work when I am on my Uc Browser which defeats the purpose.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:57am On Mar 23, 2018
Donahue:
How often do you use the split screen function in your smartphone?

I've tried and tried. It simply minimises. But there have been times when I accidentally activated split screen...But I just don't know how it happened.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime.
Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by Tex42(m): 7:59am On Mar 23, 2018
It's a handy function...comes I handy when I am doing something important with MA phone and bae comes online[ whatsapp... ]

U know what's up, the never ending chat. Respond to her chat in milli-seconds or u get query to answer.
Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by kokostick(m): 8:04am On Mar 23, 2018
Chimoski87:

Mine is even s3 mini and its android version is 4.2.2 and it works perfectly. All you need is first, play the video from the inbuilt video player and you can take the video anywhere with you while equally doing other things. Or even if you are already doing something else, the video must be played from the inbuilt video player
*file manager* ur correct
Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by Tex42(m): 8:04am On Mar 23, 2018
PrimadonnaO:

I've tried and tried. It simply minimises. But there have been times when I accidentally activated split screen...But I just don't know how it happened.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime.
open the apps u want to work with.

Press and hold[long press] the minimise button.

The screen should split at this juncture.

Note: can only Vouche it works on phones running android V7.0. Though some Samsung users claim the feature works on lesser versions.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by cupidFlint(m): 8:05am On Mar 23, 2018
Dontquit:

This is
can it work on this

Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by pawesome(m): 8:06am On Mar 23, 2018
Always...especially when forecasting matches to bet...
Bet9ja and statistical page grin
Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:09am On Mar 23, 2018
Mynd44:
Doesn't work when I am on my Uc Browser which defeats the purpose.
Using Uc browser is a defeated purpose this days.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by collinsJn(m): 8:11am On Mar 23, 2018
greenhulk:

First of all ur phone must be on Android 7.0 and above. If it is then open an app, then press and hold the recent apps button to select another app. Very simple.

Seems Like It Doesn't Work On IPhones Bro ?
Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by Mynd44: 8:11am On Mar 23, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Using Uc browser is a defeated purpose this days.
I actually enjoy using UC browser though. The fact that it acts like a mini and a full browser works perfectly for navigation
Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by roqrules04(m): 8:12am On Mar 23, 2018
Oh I tried it on my s7 edge now..looks cool

Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by Seyi8701: 8:15am On Mar 23, 2018
greenhulk:

First of all ur phone must be on Android 7.0 and above. If it is then open an app, then press and hold the recent apps button to select another app. Very simple.

can samsung S5 do the split? would be getting the phone next week
Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by twinskenny(m): 8:22am On Mar 23, 2018
greenhulk:

How.d u press recent app button?
Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by Adukey(f): 8:25am On Mar 23, 2018
it's not all apps that support split screen though.
Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by Cosplay: 8:31am On Mar 23, 2018
greenhulk:

If ur phone is not running Android 7.0 and above don't bother, unless u have a Samsung flagship phone then it can work with even Android 5.0. if ur phone meets the specifications, then open an app, then press and hold the recent apps button and it will bring out a list of apps that can be opened in the second window. Or u can also do it by holding the recent apps button, then press home button and select another app and both apps will appear in a multiwindow. The image below is me watching YouTube and doing nairaland.

I see a fellow Doug fanboy here grin Have you played a drinking game for every time he says ‘quirks’?
Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by Gpik79: 8:33am On Mar 23, 2018
greenhulk:

you're wrong there. You can split screen on Touchwiz from android 5.0
Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by jeronimo(m): 8:33am On Mar 23, 2018
I use it almost everyday especially if I have a list of numbers on whatsapp to call, I'll be going through the numbers while dialing. It's a utility feature. When you start using it, you will wonder how you lived without it.
Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by udemzyudex(m): 8:33am On Mar 23, 2018
Can't remember the last time i use it, this post just remind me I have a feature like this on my phone.. Oya make i use am. grin

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by udemzyudex(m): 8:35am On Mar 23, 2018
greenhulk:

Yes Samsung had it on their older devices, but it became a native Android feature from Android 7.0 upwards

The one on Samsung is really different from split screen, you can open multiple windows on your screen with that features
Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by Gpik79: 8:35am On Mar 23, 2018
greenhulk:

even LG got it since G4 (2015). What's the fuss about it now?
Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by Premiumwriter: 8:36am On Mar 23, 2018
Always. Dunno if I can do without it lolz
Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by dierich: 8:38am On Mar 23, 2018
greenhulk:

U are on Android 5.1. Sorry split screen can't work
I'm on Android 5.1 and it works here with my beautiful coolpad.

Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by InestimableJoy(f): 8:42am On Mar 23, 2018
Waow! I didn't even know my tecno WX3 PRO has these features!!!
Just tried it now, and am enjoying it....

1 Share

Re: How Often Do You Use The Split Screen Function In Your Smartphone? by aniblue(m): 8:50am On Mar 23, 2018
I am using M5 can it work on it?

I watch video on my Mg and also run another app. All you need do is open a video and minimize the screen, you can shift the video to any direction; up or down while the other app keeps running.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Miss Someones Calls And Refused To Call Back Yet You Pray For Destiny Helper / What Nigerians Think About the Samsung Galaxy S8+My first Impression of the S8. / i need a phone with 6gb ram at below 100k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.