Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,289 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Why Do You Fast ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Fast ? (1010 Views)

When Is The Last Time You Fast As A Christain / Did You Fast Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Fast ? by sherocks: 8:12pm On Mar 13, 2007
Hello All

My colleague and I had a discussion on fasting and praying and asked each other why we do it. I said it makes me hear clearly from God and she said it subdues her flesh.  We both agreed that it doesn't move the hand of God but many believe otherwise.

So, I am really curious to find out why people fast. Forgive me if this sounds like an obvious Q,  I was just wondering,
Re: Why Do You Fast ? by BlackMamba(m): 8:24pm On Mar 13, 2007
To lose weight. I'm too lazy to work out.
Re: Why Do You Fast ? by Pain(m): 3:42pm On Mar 14, 2007
Because Too Much Fast-Food is Damaging to Health.

I Have To Cut-Down on the Cholesterol. shocked shocked
Re: Why Do You Fast ? by Backslider(m): 4:46pm On Mar 14, 2007
THE LORD GOD LOVES A CONTRITE SPIRIT AND THIS ATMOSPHERE HELPS US TO BE HUMBLE.

FASTING ITSELF CANNOT DO ANYTHING.

YOU CAN FAST AND STILL GO TO HELL

A CONTRITE HEART IS WHAT IT HELPS TO PROMOTE TO THAT THE PRESENCE OF GOD WILL COME ON YOU.

MORE FAST = MORE BROKEN SPIRIT IN PRAYER= MORE PRESENCE OF GOD = MORE POWER FROM GOD

FASTING IS NOT POWER BY ITSELF.

REGARDS

(1) (Reply)

Is It Really Worthy It To Serve God? / Help! What Do I Have To Do To Hear From God! / Being A Pastor"s Wife Is It An Automatic Ticket To Be A Pastor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.