Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,698 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Python Dance - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Python Dance (299 Views)

[fiction] Python Dance / Python Dance: See The Nice Writeup By A Nairalander On FB About The Ongoing Cris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Python Dance by 182600weynom: 6:06pm On Apr 15, 2018
I miss my grand dad a lot.as I get older memories of him seeps out of my sweat pours, but one thing for sure is that I will forever love him, Pa was a good man, he was a man of letters and as we say in contemporary times, Pa can play for africa,, he tells us stories, a lot of them, I can't recall most of them, but I remember once when he came from the village I and my siblings were all over him, you could see that Pa was exhausted but he still had time to play with his grand kids,,later that night after a warm birth we would go outside the house and Pa will tell us stories, this faithful night, he told us of his time during the war, in the late 1960s and early 1970s, the Great War he use to call it, he mentioned how people starved to death and many families where displaced, people got missing like it was rapture and if one should search for a loved one for more than 48 hours they will grieve for they know in their heart that the person was long gone, he would always tell us of how an Igbo man saved his life when he almost got killed.they both ran into the bush and stumbled on a man called kolawole ... I never got to meet kola ,he died 2years before I was born, but their time in the bush was amazing. this 3 looked after each other as if they were brothers from the same mum.

They ate the little ration of food that Mazi okoro had with him in his little Versace bag pack. After they finished the rations,the got really hungry for the next two days to the point of hallucination.they got lost and could only find their way back to the city with the help of the google map app That kola had on his Samsung fone..crazy write?? Pa will always tell us of the dreadfull dance of the Chinese army during World War II called the alligator dance. He gave us real horrific images of that type of dance as if he was in Vietnam. But he later confessed to us that he saw it on YouTube. Ahh oldmen ehn. Later on,he told us of one particular dance that we should be mindful of, if memories serves me well he called it the python dance. He said beware. For the python dances only when he is thirsty for blood.
Habila muazu Shammah

(1) (Reply)

Im Looking For A Good Publishers / Ngugi Wa Thiong’o Leads The Alternative Nobel Prize Longlist / Writers Needed (Hiring Now!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.