Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,104 members, 7,867,173 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:47 AM

N - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / N (1060 Views)

Qatar Airways Recruitment For Entry Level Reservations & Ticketing Agents / Graduate Call Centre Agents Job In A Reputable Company – Apply Here / Qatar Airways Recruitment For A Reservations & Ticketing Supervisor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N by AgreatMan: 5:10am On Apr 17, 2018
H

2 Likes

Re: N by AgreatMan: 5:29am On Apr 17, 2018
Apply sharperly

2 Likes

Re: N by galaciousbabe(f): 9:12am On Apr 17, 2018
AgreatMan:
Apply sharperly
Please what is NOC

2 Likes

Re: N by AgreatMan: 4:23am On Apr 18, 2018
galaciousbabe:

Please what is NOC

Apologies, I saw this late. NOC is the "No Objection certificate." The meaning is right there in the English.

Let's say you have a current job and you want to switch to another job. Your current employer needs to give u that legal document called the NOC before you can apply to a new company.

However, this is only applicable to expats or foreign workers in countries like Oman or Qatar. Which I believe you do not belong to. You will only need that NOC if you were already employed in Qatar as a foreigner, and then, you now wish to leave your current employment n join Qatar airways.

And like I said, I don't think anyone will be needing that certificate. The people handling this recruitment just asked for NOC just as a standard procedure.

Even Qatar citizens don't need this NOC when they want to switch jobs. They only made the law for foreign workers. You know, foreigners can just start jumping from one company to another because they are in high demand, and the Qatari government had to bring in that NOC law to protect it's companies from employees.

4 Likes

Re: N by galaciousbabe(f): 4:56am On Apr 18, 2018
AgreatMan:

Apologies, I saw this late. NOC is the "No Objection certificate." The meaning is right there in the English.

Let's say you have a current job and you want to switch to another job. Your current employer needs to give u that legal document called the NOC before you can apply to a new company.

However, this is only applicable to expats or foreign workers in countries like Oman or Qatar. Which I believe you do not belong to. You will only need that NOC if you were already employed in Qatar as a foreigner, and then, you now wish to leave your current employment n join Qatar airways.

And like I said, I don't think anyone will be needing that certificate. The people handling this recruitment just asked for NOC just as a standard procedure.

Even Qatar citizens don't need this NOC when they want to switch jobs. They only made the law for foreign workers. You know, foreigners can just start jumping from one company to another because they are in high demand, and the Qatari government had to bring in that NOC law to protect fit's companies from employees.
Thanks!!!! Why i asked is because it wouldn't submit your application until u upload the NOC documents.
Re: N by AgreatMan: 6:02am On Apr 18, 2018
galaciousbabe:

Thanks!!!! Why i asked is because it wouldn't submit your application until u upload the NOC documents.

Oh, I saw this as part of the requirements:

Note: you will be required to attach the following:

1. Resume / CV
2. NOC (Qatar Airways Group Employees Only)
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
4. Copy of Passport

Well, if I am to explain this...it's like Dangote Group where we have different employees for Dangote Sugar, Dangote REfinery and so on. And what that statement in bold means is that if you are currently working in Dangote Sugar and you want to switch to Dangote refinery, then, Dangote Sugar should give a letter or NOC stating that they allow you to make the switch.

But again, I don't think this is the case for most applicants and there is a little conflict or negligence between the recruitment team of Qatar Airways and their website developers, as the website code has been written to reject people who don't produce the NOC.

What do I think you should do?
1. Check your application again, hope you didn't tick a box where it asks that you whether you are currently working for an arm of the Qatar Airways group? Ticking such a box will force you to produce that NOC.
2. If you are sure it's not the case, open your MSWord, write a heading like: "NOC not Applicable to me" and in two or three sentences explain why you don't need it. Save the doc in word or pdf or any other accepted file format and upload to their website. That should work.

Don't hide from vacancies like these, a lot of people will face the same issue and give up thereby, increasing your own chances. Remember to use keywords relating to the job application, improvise as much as you can. Let me know how it goes.

2 Likes

Re: N by DeUltimate7(m): 2:07pm On Apr 18, 2018
AgreatMan:

Even Qatar citizens don't need this NOC when they want to switch jobs. They only made the law for foreign workers. You know, foreigners can just start jumping from one company to another because they are in high demand, and the Qatari government had to bring in that NOC law to protect it's companies from employees.

Very good eloquent and a very skilful artistic explanation. Like you quoted the N.O.C is not needed for Nigerian applying for this position in Qatar Airways. GOOD LUCK to us all.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Consolidated Hallmark Insurance Invite / Ongoing Recruitment At First Choice Retailing Limited / Job Vacancy - A Marketer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.