Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,785 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

Privileges Buhari Generation Enjoyed When They Were Young - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Privileges Buhari Generation Enjoyed When They Were Young (380 Views)

Buhari, Osinbajo’s ‘aides’ Stripped Of Salaries, Privileges / Cool Advise A Northerner Gave To Buhari's Generation / Youths In Anambra Kill Cow And Enjoyed Nsala Day After Boycotting Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Privileges Buhari Generation Enjoyed When They Were Young by phyllosilicate(m): 12:45pm On Apr 19, 2018
Maybe Buhari has forgotten the privileges his generation enjoyed, if he had remembered, he wouldn't have called this generation of Nigerian youths lazy. These are some of what were attainable when Buhari was young as told by members of his generation.

1. An elderly women told me that during her time, education was not only free, also books and all other materials needed. She said as day students, they eat free breakfast and lunch. She said not just any how food, but huge piece of chicken, correct tea and other assorted.

2. An elderly man told me when he got admission into a federal secondary school, an official government car used to take him to school and return him home daily.

3. Was told that a present professor in the university of Benin led an aluta to protest that government substituted turkey for Chicken in their daily free meals. The man later became an oppressive dean of students.

4. A friend's father said that during their convocation, companies and government agencies would be begging them to work for them. He said even those that had pass would have lots of jobs offers to choose from.

5. A director at National Root Crop Research Institute told me that after he graduated, he wrote to the institute that he want to work with them, they replied with an appointment letter.

6. Another director in NPDC told me that during his time, after graduation, graduates would go to their local government, there they would be shown list of vacancies in all government agencies and they would chose where they want to work. He said he chosed Police Service Commission and without any interview, he was employed. He said when NNPC was established, he applied without any interview, he was sent an appointment letter. He said he took 3 months to make up his mind to work for NNPC, when he finally got there, they where glad to receive him.

This is the generation of a man that calls youths whom among them are first class graduates searching for jobs lazy.
Re: Privileges Buhari Generation Enjoyed When They Were Young by phyllosilicate(m): 12:46pm On Apr 19, 2018
Oga Lalasticlala
Re: Privileges Buhari Generation Enjoyed When They Were Young by IBBG(m): 1:48pm On Apr 19, 2018
i love the way youth are reacting to Buhari statement. We should also register our displeasure during the 2019 polls, to prove that we the youth are the king makers.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Arrest Of Dino Meleaye / Uyo Chairmanship Aspirant Lost Wife To Death During Childbirth (pics) / BREAKING: Nigerian Senators Call For President Buhari’s Impeachment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.