Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,225 members, 7,860,441 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:04 AM

. - Politics (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (591360 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Afam4eva(m): 4:07pm On Sep 12, 2018
Cjrane2:

Just imagine if we continued the tradition of planting trees around homes, public building and along the road.
Nigeria will by now be Obodo Oyibo!
My fear is that one day an idiotic baboon will become the governor of Enugu and ask that those trees be cut down. I dread that day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Afam4eva(m): 4:10pm On Sep 12, 2018
horsepower101:
Asaba is growing rapidly. My brother and I bought 2 plots of land there last year December close to the airport. We plan to build flats there. Spyder880 I will let you know once we are ready to develop the plot.

Also Asaba plots are generally bigger in measurements. They measure 100 by 100 while other plots measure 100 by 50.
How Igbocentric is Asaba? Does one hear Igbo being spoken like one would in Enugu or Awka?

1 Like

Re: . by horsepower101: 4:13pm On Sep 12, 2018
Afam4eva:

How Igbocentric is Asaba? Does one hear Igbo being spoken like one would in Enugu or Awka?

Very Igbocentric.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Afam4eva(m): 4:14pm On Sep 12, 2018
horsepower101:

Very Igbocentric.
I ask because being the capital of Delta state there will be influx of people from all over Delta state incuding Urhobos/Isokos, Ijaws, Itsekiris etc. So, it might have a more cosmopolitan feel than a typical Igbo town.

1 Like

Re: . by horsepower101: 5:06pm On Sep 12, 2018
Afam4eva:

I ask because being the capital of Delta state there will be influx of people from all over Delta state incuding Urhobos/Isokos, Ijaws, Itsekiris etc. So, it might have a more cosmopolitan feel than a typical Igbo town.

They are there too and they prefer it because of the relative peace unlike warri but make no mistake Asaba is Igbo to the core.

There are many ibibios and efik people living in Aba but that doesn't make Aba any less Igbo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Chri08102702694: 5:43pm On Sep 12, 2018
Still here in Aba....

#Sights & #Sounds

#Photography

PHCity in a bit.
Re: . by Bede2u(m): 5:47pm On Sep 12, 2018
Chri08102702694:
@ogbuefi2020, It is only Lagos, Abuja, Rivers, Anambra and Kano, that has this sort of sophisticated cloverleaf flyover interchange in the whole of Nigeria. What could be found anywhere else outside these frontline states are just culverts, overpass and their likes. If you have something remotely like this then show us here. Thank you cool
where is this?
Re: . by AnambraDota: 5:50pm On Sep 12, 2018
Asaba though an Igbo city but not Igbocentric. The Asagba of Asaba is pro Igbo but the youth of Asaba that are suppose to be breathing life into Asaba Igbo heritage are not interested, Igbo is not commonly spoken by the indigenes, even their old women love pidgin and their youths dont like communicating in Igbo.

Asaba is not an Igbocentric, the consciousness is not there.
Afam4eva:

Re: . by Afam4eva(m): 5:54pm On Sep 12, 2018
AnambraDota:
Asaba though an Igbo city but not Igbocentric. The Asagba of Asaba is pro Igbo but the youth of Asaba that are suppose to be breathing life into Asaba Igbo heritage are not interested, Igbo is not commonly spoken by the indigenes, even their old women love pidgin and their youths dont like communicating in Igbo.

What you just stated here is exactly why i asked the question. I've never lived in Asaba but i come across people from that axis a lot and even those who lived kost of their lives tend to be more Pro pidgin english than Igbo.

1 Like

Re: . by UgwuAghachi: 6:02pm On Sep 12, 2018
AnambraDota:

Am with an aniocha South guy here. He Grew up in Asaba. Speaks more Igbo than me and is very igbocentric and pro Biafra

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 6:05pm On Sep 12, 2018
Afam4eva:

What you just stated here is exactly why i asked the question. I've never lived in Asaba but i come across people from that axis a lot and even those who lived kost of their lives tend to be more Pro pidgin english than Igbo.

I don't know which Asaba you guys went to. I spoke Igbo most of the time I was in Asaba.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 6:07pm On Sep 12, 2018
Afam4eva:

My fear is that one day an idiotic baboon will become the governor of Enugu and ask that those trees be cut down. I dread that day.

That day may never come. Ever.
Almost all the trees were planted by private property owners and government has no control over such privacy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Afam4eva(m): 6:08pm On Sep 12, 2018
ckenneths:

Almost all the trees were planted by private property owners and government has no control over such privacy.
I pray so.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 6:09pm On Sep 12, 2018
Afam4eva:

Most certainly. Igbo is the only local lingo in Asaba. Even up to Agbor.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 6:12pm On Sep 12, 2018
Afam4eva:

I pray so.
Most of our government policy favor green. The government house in Enugu is in a big forest in the centre of the city and surrounded by tall trees.

I will get more Enugu pictures this evening.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 6:17pm On Sep 12, 2018
Afam4eva:

Except the people never lived in Asaba. All Asaba speaks Onitsha-like Igbo. Every one of them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 6:19pm On Sep 12, 2018
horsepower101:

They are there too and they prefer it because of the relative peace unlike warri but make no mistake Asaba is Igbo to the core.

There are many ibibios and efik people living in Aba but that doesn't make Aba any less Igbo.

Whenever I stay in Asaba, I speak only Igbo and everyone responds in Igbo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by NonsoWow: 6:56pm On Sep 12, 2018
ckenneths:

Whenever I stay in Asaba, I speak only Igbo and everyone responds in Igbo.
Continue lying. Asaba natives speak mostly pidgin and english to differentiate themselves from southeast Igbos who are the ones that speak Igbo there. Asaba natives speak their Igbo dialect only when they meet their own kin and usually indoors.
Re: . by NonsoWow: 7:01pm On Sep 12, 2018
Ogbuefi2020:

Anambra has no sidewalks at all
Still better than deceiving ourselves with narrow pathways that most pedestrians will hardly ever use.
Re: . by superlightning: 7:23pm On Sep 12, 2018
NonsoWow:
Still better than deceiving ourselves with narrow pathways that most pedestrians will hardly ever use.

Enugus sidewalks are better....let's be sincere. No hating or envy pls

3 Likes

Re: . by Chri08102702694: 7:53pm On Sep 12, 2018
Finally back to PH. A lot of pictures from Uyo and most especially great pictures from Aba...... cool
Re: . by NonsoWow: 7:57pm On Sep 12, 2018
Chri08102702694:
Finally back to PH. A lot of pictures from Uyo and most especially great pictures from Aba...... cool
Post the Aba pictures first so that Abia people can be liberated from the bondage they are presently in.

1 Like

Re: . by superlightning: 8:01pm On Sep 12, 2018
NonsoWow:
Post the Aba pictures first so that Abia people can be liberated from the bondage they are presently in.

If I were you, I would shut up and think like a human being. Were you the one who put abians into bondage? Chineke nna lekwa nu iberibe o....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Ogbuefi2020: 8:41pm On Sep 12, 2018
ckenneths:

Some mofos will still claim it was inherited from old regional government, green is our culture unlike those who destroyed the popular akpaka forest
Re: . by EzeOnyembo: 8:56pm On Sep 12, 2018
superlightning:

If I were you, I would shut up and think like a human being. Were you the one who put abians into bondage? Chineke nna lekwa nu iberibe o....
Bro only God can restore their brain so that it will start working again, they reason and talk like half human, always insecure and unintelligent, I doubt if these idiots are full blooded Igbos.

1 Like

Re: . by EzeOnyembo: 8:59pm On Sep 12, 2018
Chri08102702694:
If you post your fake pics of Aba our Aba born moderator will remove them. cool
Re: . by Chri08102702694: 9:00pm On Sep 12, 2018
Akpaka forest is greener than this rubbish shown by spyder. Stop crying all over the place in pains.

Ogbuefi2020:

Some mofos will still claim it was inherited from old regional government, green is our culture unlike those who destroyed the popular akpaka forest
Re: . by Chri08102702694: 9:02pm On Sep 12, 2018
Chai..hehehehe. you are crying already. Brace up. What i saw in Aba today is mind blowing. I will copy seu.n so that it will hit front-page on a new thread, since you are busy callng on lala to hide the mess in that state. Aba is beyond rotten. I mean it. No jesting.

EzeOnyembo:

If you post your fake pics of Aba our Aba born moderator will remove them. cool
Re: . by Chri08102702694: 9:07pm On Sep 12, 2018
Nwanne i snapped over 200 pictures of ABA, so i am trying to sort it out because i can't post all of them. Believe me what you guys have seen so far about that state is just a tip of iceberg compare to what i saw- a completely dead state. Spits

NonsoWow:
Re: . by EzeOnyembo: 9:17pm On Sep 12, 2018
Chri08102702694:
You are crying already. Brace up. What i saw in Aba today is mind blowing. I will copy seun so that it will hit front-page on a new thread, since you are busy callng on lala to hide the mess in that state. Aba is beyond rotten. I mean it. No jesting.

Ngwanu cheesy I also went to onitsha today and I have some new pics of the city, I will upload them once the thread is up cool
Re: . by Chri08102702694: 9:20pm On Sep 12, 2018
Hehehehe..stop crying bro. The rottenness i saw today is heartbreaking. There's no amount of fake pictures you can show that can equal it by half. Just get ready to cry your heart out. cheesy

EzeOnyembo:

Ngwanu cheesy I also went to onitsha today and I have some new pics of the city, I will upload them once the thread is up cool
Re: . by Ogbuefi2020: 9:23pm On Sep 12, 2018
SwedishDocument:
I don't know how an ordinary overpass is the same thing as flyover. These are examples of a flyover. The state does not have a single flyover, what it has is an overpass bridge. Anyone that is ready should come and face me with the argument. Thank you
Does mgbidi jericho in Awka look like this since it is the only flyover in the milky way

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.