Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

. - Politics (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (587089 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 5:19pm On Sep 16, 2018
Kids riding bikes inside Onitsha? cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 5:21pm On Sep 16, 2018
This is Onitsha, a very quiet Onitsha with posh neighbourhood. ............

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 5:23pm On Sep 16, 2018
Udo diru unu,

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by AnamCity: 5:23pm On Sep 16, 2018
Southeast is great and beautiful, all we need is just the media to market it. Just look at how beautiful and serene Onitsha is. Someone could post this elsewhere and tag them Ikoyi or Lekki. We need the media.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 5:25pm On Sep 16, 2018
Ewooooooo cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 5:25pm On Sep 16, 2018
AnamCity:
Southeast is great and beautiful, all we need is just the media to market it. Just look at how beautiful and serene Onitsha is. Someone could post this elsewhere and tag them Ikoyi or Lekki. We need the media.

I couldn't believe it cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Afam4eva(m): 5:29pm On Sep 16, 2018
AnamCity:

What we need is a major Igbo owned Controlled media outfit.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 5:30pm On Sep 16, 2018
Very beautiful Onitsha.......

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Handsomegod(m): 5:40pm On Sep 16, 2018
Afam4eva:

Once upon a time,Minaj was the rave both on terrestrial and satelite television. Whatever happened to that dream?. It died as soon as it started. Nollywood has done much to market Igbos (culture and tradition) globally. There may be rough edges here and there but it is quantumn leap considering what obtained 25 years ago. In all my visits to West,East and Southern African countries,nollywood movies are popular and shown on both local and satelite television. All we need is refine the content of our movies and the stride continues. Again,much can be done by delibrate media advocacy both on individual and state levels.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by AnamCity: 5:40pm On Sep 16, 2018
Afam4eva:

It is very important because there is a ''media war'' going on right now in Nigeria. If you cannot tell your story others will place it up-side-down and tell it for you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 16, 2018
I love what am seeing, umuboiz pkopesia shop, ejebezie uno we relaxia grin

Please onyeoma ckenneths did you get to chimedie museum?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 16, 2018
AnamCity:

Exactly. The east needs serious media attention. If there was a way I could destroy gettyimages.com, I would have done that a long time ago for defacing Igboland. That website is one of the major media outlets that showcases Igbo land as a war torn region with poverty stricken people and Google search is fund of placing that stupid website on their front page. Just Google search "pics of Onitsha", click on images from Gettyimages.com and you would be shocked.
Some people were talking about creating an Igbo website some weeks ago, to be honest, we really an Igbo website for the purpose of promoting Igboland only. No negative news of Igboland will be uploaded there, no discussion concerning the neglect of any infrastructure will be discussed there, no political party will be promoted there, the website will be strictly for tourism. Only pics of the beautiful schools, hospitals, hotels, parks, roads and estates will be uploaded there and news about technology development, innovative ideas, products manufactured in igboland etc will also be posted there. Its time for us to stop tarnishing our own image.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 16, 2018
ckenneths:

Spyder, I just discovered a way that may help get these your pics on Google search images. Nairaland is a website that has been indexed by Google which means that there is high possibility for all your pics to appear on Google search images. What you should do is to label your pictures well. When you post pictures from Enugu, always ensure you title the pictures with words like "PICTURES OF ENUGU" in bold, same goes with all other pics. When you Google search "pics of Onitsha", the first set of websites that appear are those with titles similar to "Onitsha pictures" or "Pictures of Onitsha" etc. Another way that could help outside nairaland is through Facebook. Once the title of your facebook page is "Pictures of Abia", you will be surprised to see your facebook page appear on Google's front page once anybody searches for "pics of Abia". If you read about promoting your content on Google, then you will understand why the titling of your pictures is very important.

3 Likes

Re: . by EzeOnyembo: 6:22pm On Sep 16, 2018
Nnamdijonathan do you know I was thinking about this website stuff yesterday afternoon to the extent I suggested that ALAIGBO.com will be okay for the website as a name, it will really help us alot and our brothers and sisters in oversea will get to see their various states and their communities, It will be a very big forum.

1 Like

Re: . by EzeOnyembo: 6:30pm On Sep 16, 2018
ckenneths:
Onitsha is looking great cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 16, 2018
EzeOnyembo:
Nnamdijonathan do you know I was thinking about this website stuff yesterday afternoon to the extent I suggested that ALAIGBO.com will be okay for the website as a name, it will really help us alot and our brothers and sisters in oversea will get to see their various states and their communities, It will be a very big forum.

Once we have a website of our own and we are able to always keep it updated with pictures and accurate titles, our website will be the best for promoting Igboland. I just want you to search for "pics of Onitsha" on google, and then click on gettyimages.com, you will feel pain instantly because of the level of damage that international website has done to our Onitsha that is why we need our own website.

1 Like

Re: . by EzeOnyembo: 6:36pm On Sep 16, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

Once we have a website of our own and we are able to always keep it updated with pictures and accurate titles, our website will be the best for promoting Igboland. I just want you to search for "pics of Onitsha" on google, and then click on gettyimages.com, you will feel pain instantly because of the level of damage that international website has done to our Onitsha that is why we need our own website.
I know about that, the site has really done so much damage honestly.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 16, 2018
EzeOnyembo:

I know about that, the site has really done so much damage honestly.

Re: . by Cjrane2: 6:46pm On Sep 16, 2018
Afam4eva:

Believe me even so called "Igbo newspapers" don't care Remember Champion Newspapers? What about Sun? Igbo newspaper may or may not make any difference at all. We to continue appealing to Igbos everywhere to remember their own area in their investments. Part of the "Blessings" of Buhari's tribalism and oppression of Igbo is that these people are able to more clearly understand the need to remember their own areas. Igbo must understand the sacredness of Aku luo uno

Amazed by the vast Igbo investments in Lagos and Abuja and the near absence of their wealth in their own region, even Fashola and Obasanjo have pleaded with Igbos to remember their areas and their state a little bit.
What we need is to encourage Igbo entrepreneurs to consider their home state or other states in the SE for some of their projects. In time, people will emulate them and the Igbo curse of always investing in all sorts of places and abandoning their own land will have been broken.

4 Likes

Re: . by Afam4eva(m): 6:47pm On Sep 16, 2018
Cjrane2:

Believe me even so called "Igbo newspapers" don't care Remember Champion Newspapers? What about Sun? Igbo newspaper may or may not make any difference at all. We to continue appealing to Igbos everywhere to remember their own area in their investments. Part of the "Blessings" of Buhari's tribalism and oppression of Igbo is that these people are able to more clearly understand the need to remember their own areas. Igbo must understand the sacredness of Aku luo uno

What we need is to encourage Igbo entrepreneurs to consider their home state or other states in the SE for some of their projects. In time, people will emulate them and the Igbo curse of always investing in all sorts of places and abandoning their own land will have been broken.
That's why i changed it from Igbo Owned to Igbo controlled. We have a lot of print and New media outfits but they're more interested in their selfish gains than Igboland.

6 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 16, 2018
If other governments or individuals in the east can invest in aerial photography and videography with high definition digital camera, shooting gadgets and technology like enugu state government did, you would be marvelled,

If they can patronize the likes of skyberrystudios, Nefgik, hyve creations etc

After that, the message should be taken to instagram and Twitter with captivating hash tags showcasing the catalogue of beautiful pictures.

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 16, 2018
Cjrane2:

Newspapers can't really promote tourism, magazines and the internet are the best ways of promoting tourism

2 Likes

Re: . by Cjrane2: 6:52pm On Sep 16, 2018
ckenneths:
Onitsha, Anambra state.........

Oga Spyder,
Daalu maka olu oma gi o!

Many thanks for those Asaba pics! I really love this shot over the Stephen Keshi stadium!
I truly need to visit the city soon and secure my own piece of land maka ndi uta!

On the Onitsha roundabout,
The other things needed at the new DMGS roundabout are colorful mix of flowers with yellow, red and other colors well manicured around the sculpture. I really thank Willie Obiano for taking environmental ambiance of Onitsha and other Anambra cities very seriously by beautifying the state.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by raker300: 7:02pm On Sep 16, 2018
Anambra

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by raker300: 7:04pm On Sep 16, 2018
Onitsha: Awada, Obosi etc

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by raker300: 7:06pm On Sep 16, 2018
Anambra more

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by raker300: 7:07pm On Sep 16, 2018
Enugu

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Cjrane2: 7:11pm On Sep 16, 2018
horsepower101:
How to build tall buildings in the south east with elevator and without constant electricity.

1) Install solar panels on the roof top

2) Install storage batteries for electricity produced by the panel

3) Dedicate all the power produced from the solar panels to run the elevator.

This will enable the elevator to operate 24/7 with or without external electricity.

Please my people forgive me a bit for digressing into my favorite discussion this Sunday so that we don't forget them. Please contribute ideas how to make homes generate their own sustainable electricity with sunlight without using generators. I personally believe this is the key technology that will unlock the productive potential of both the SE and the entire Nigeria.

If we can begin to see many more buildings in the SE have those roof Top Solar Panels like the picture below, it will gladden me a lot!

My two favorite topics i will like your ideas are:

1. Improving access to Roof Top Solar Panels in the SE

2. Engage the SE Governors to plan how to source a loan for the regional high-speed rail network to complement the Federal Government's Port-harcourt to Maiduguri line.

We truly have NO CHOICE than to build them the regional railway system ourselves through bringing states together to cooperate, because FG will NEVER build such for us. Infact, they will look for ways to frustrate it instead of supporting it so that other states can come together and copy the process in developing Nigeria.

Therefore the plan should be for a 5 years development plan for Regional railway.
The steps are.

1. The SE Governors and SS Governors should secure permission from FG to build the regional railway and float a company "Eastern Corridor Railways Corporation (ECRC)"

2. Every benefiting state will invest 1% of their budget as Equity into the company to take care on initial takeoff This is later converted to shares in the company for the respective states.

3. Get Foreign companies to bid as foreign Technical partners to do the actual construction on a PPP arrangement and 100 Year BOT (Build-Operate_Transfer)

These three steps will ensure the project is actualized and it will greatly facilitate economic activities in both zones. Imagine travelling from Calabar to Onitsha or Port Harcourt on an air-conditioned train and get there in 2-3 hours? Or bringing your goods from Afikpo to Port-Harcourt. Then do your business and return to Calabar or Afikpo without Police harassment and bad roads?

If the total railway track is less than 1,000KM dual carriage railway, Then the total cost should be less than $1 billion dollars which can be financed partly by World Bank, China Exim bank and other international financiers when the bidding process is transparent. A 5-Year phase of $200 million dollars per year is also reasonable time-frame

3 Likes

Re: . by DanielOc: 7:12pm On Sep 16, 2018
BOOM!!
I've got an idea, I just went through Gettyimage website now, and i think we can initiate changes by ourselves there....

Lets, together, register/signup now on that website and upload beauties instead of beasts of our land...

Always remember the Tag ' PICTURES OF EBONYI, ANAMBRA, ENUGU, ABIA and IMO respectively...

GOD BLESS ALAIGBO

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by raker300: 7:14pm On Sep 16, 2018
Anambra random

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by raker300: 7:15pm On Sep 16, 2018
Owerri

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Cjrane2: 7:18pm On Sep 16, 2018
DanielOc:
BOOM!!
I've got an idea, I just went through Gettyimage website now, and i think we can initiate changes by ourselves there....

Lets, together, register/signup now on that website and upload beauties instead of beasts of our land...

Always remember the Tag ' PICTURES OF EBONYI, ANAMBRA, ENUGU, ABIA and IMO respectively...

GOD BLESS ALAIGBO

This is a very important point that you have made.

Also properly tagging pictures "Pictures of Ebonyi", "Pictures of Anambra", Pictures of Imo", Pictures of Abia, "Pictures of Enugu", Pictures of Asaba", Pictures of Awka, etc will help make them searchable on the internet.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.