Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

. - Politics (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (582211 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:18am On Oct 16, 2018
globemoney01:

Exactly. All the people pushing this Ikwerre are igbos nonsense need to visit PH. Imagine a majority group begging minority Ikwerre people without any human and economic importance to be Igbo? Very embarrassing! Absolute madness

Thank you. One of them up there even went about blaming Igbos and asking them to work on themselves. E get nothing person no go hear for this matter.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Curlieweed: 11:11am On Oct 16, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Thank you. One of them up there even went about blaming Igbos and asking them to work on themselves. E get nothing person no go hear for this matter.

We are making too much of this thing. These people don’t need all this attention. It’s better we spent time discussing more important things rather tangential issues.
Re: . by Daewang: 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2018
Smart Ikwerre: For now I am bini but in the future when you people have worked and achieved success I will join you people.

Cursed and foolish Igbo: don't worry we will accept you whenever you feel like calling yourself Igbo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Ngosievergreen(f): 3:34pm On Oct 16, 2018
Daewang:
Smart Ikwerre: For now I am bini but in the future when you people have worked and achieved success I will join you people.

Cursed and foolish Igbo: don't worry we will accept you whenever you feel like calling yourself Igbo.

OK
Re: . by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 16, 2018
Daewang:

True

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by achi4u(m): 4:18pm On Oct 16, 2018
Osagyefo98:

Umahi is foolishly spear heading the mission
But he should have known atiku was wise by picking obi and from anambra, so his mission is flatly dead.

Ebonyi don't have the resources to fight anambra.
guy I've been reading ur utterances lately, please be guided.

We the Ebonyians don't have time or resources to fight anybody.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by globemoney: 4:40pm On Oct 16, 2018
APC will finish Peter Obi last last.. Make I no post sha grin grin

https://twitter.com/ynabena/status/1052194582115405825
Re: . by horsepower101: 4:48pm On Oct 16, 2018
SOLAR Manufacturing is finally coming to Igboland. Ebonyi to establish solar plant with Chinese coy

murphyibiam15:
Gov. David Umahi, represented by his Deputy, Dr Kelechi Igwe said in Abakaliki that the agreement included the establishment of a solar power factory in the state.

Ebonyi signs $4m solar-system production agreement with Chinese coy

The Ebonyi government on Monday signed a four million dollars solar system production agreement with the Foshan Sunchees Energy Company of China.

Gov. David Umahi, represented by his Deputy, Dr Kelechi Igwe said in Abakaliki that the agreement included the establishment of a solar power factory in the state.

The governor said that the occasion marked the realisation of the state government’s vision and aspiration toward industrialising the state.

“Our vision is to make Ebonyi the leading industrialised state in the country as it is the first time in the country that a government is aiming at energising the entire local government areas of a state.

“The 13 LGA Chairmen of the state have appended their signatures in support of the project and we assure our citizens that we are not purchasing energy from China,” he said.

Umahi said that the agreement was a product of his economic trip to China, saying “the company is reputed globally in solar power manufacturing and distribution.

“It will establish a factory to manufacture solar panels in the state and subsequently make Ebonyi, a leading manufacturer, distributor and marketer of solar panels in the country.

“We are hopeful that in the future, the state will be exporting solar energy beyond Africa,” he said.

He pledged that the government would abide with the terms of the agreement and demonstrate a good maintenance culture.

“The problem of poor execution and maintenance of projects experienced by most governments in the country is due to lack of due diligence in supervision and maintenance.

“The situation is however different with Ebonyi as we will monitor, supervise your work and not rest until you execute all you stipulated in the agreement.

“We are eagerly waiting for you to mount the first solar panel factory in the state as this would make our industrial dream come true,” he said.

Umahi appreciated the local government chairmen for their diligence and partnership in the project, noting that it would be one of the legacies they would leave behind as council chairmen.

Mr Jack Chen, the leader of the Chinese team thanked the state government for its reception and belief in the project, pledging to abide by all the terms of the agreement.

“We are happy to be in partnership and sign this agreement with Ebonyi government.

“We know the state’s logo to be the ‘Salt of the Nation’ but we hope that in the future, it will be Power of the Nation,” he said.

https://amp.pulse.ng/news/local/ebonyi-signs-4m-solar-system-production-deal-with-chinese-coy-id8984070.html

2 Likes

Re: . by oneast: 4:50pm On Oct 16, 2018
Nwanne you should have a limit. I am not holding brief for Obi, but the guy was already so rich before he joined politics. Obi was already established in London as one of the richest Nigerians living in London even before he joined politics: Are you saying that such a guy with all these portfolios cannot afford any type of mansion anywhere in the world? Guy stop this nonsense.

Peter Obi was already onto all these companies long before he joined politics. There are not up to 3 Nigerian politicians that were established like Obi before joining politics.

Former Chairman: Fidelity Bank Plc.

· Former Chairman: Guardian Express Mortgage Bank, Ltd.

· Former Chairman: Future Views Securities, Ltd.

· Former Chairman: Paymaster Nigeria Plc.

· Former Chairman: Next International (Nigeria) Ltd

· Former Director: Guardian Express Bank Plc.

· Former Director: Chams Nigeria Plc.

· Former Director: Emerging Capital Ltd

· Former Director: Card Centre Plc

globemoney:
APC will finish Peter Obi last last.. Make I no post sha grin grin

https://twitter.com/ynabena/status/1052194582115405825

Read more about the man Peter Obi here..

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/peter-obi-a-complete-profile/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Daewang: 5:00pm On Oct 16, 2018
Tushkito:

True

My brother I really don't understand why they want to humiliate Igboland.
Re: . by globemoney: 5:04pm On Oct 16, 2018
The thing is that Obi is dishonest, he lies too much. He always says he does not have any property outside Anambra state.. He has only one wrist watch blah blah...

https://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/peter-obi-i-have-only-2-shoes-and-i-do-not-own-any-house-outside-anambra.237968/
Re: . by oneast: 5:08pm On Oct 16, 2018
How is that a problem? The fact is that the guy was already well established long before he joined politics. Remember that Obiano was employed by Peter Obi in the early nineties at Fidelity bank, mind you Obiano is older than Obi. That is enough to tell you that Obi was already very wealthy so early in life but he was/is cool headed and humble, that was why nobody knew about him until he joined politics.

globemoney:
The thing is that Obi is dishonest, he lies too much. He always says he does not have any property outside Anambra state.. He has only one wrist watch blah blah...

https://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/peter-obi-i-have-only-2-shoes-and-i-do-not-own-any-house-outside-anambra.237968/

2 Likes

Re: . by globemoney: 5:14pm On Oct 16, 2018
oneast:
How is that a problem? The fact is that the guy was already well established long before he joined politics. Remember that Obiano was employed by Peter Obi in the early nineties at Fidelity bank, mind you Obiano is older than Obi. That is enough to tell you that Obi was already very wealthy so early in life but he was/is cool headed and humble, that was why nobody knew about him until he joined politics.

Nobody is deceived by that, Orji Uzor Kalu was very wealthy even far more than Obi before he became governor? Did that stop him from stealing? We are talking about lies here. Lying publicly.. When the Nigerians he deceived on The Platform find out he was lying through his teeth... hmm

Anyway, I dont want to discuss this further
Re: . by oneast: 5:20pm On Oct 16, 2018
The point I was trying to make is that Obi was already established with companies long before he joined politics that are still active today. There is no material thing Obi needs now that he cannot afford

globemoney:

Nobody is deceived by that, Orji Uzor Kalu was very wealthy even far more than Obi before he became governor? Did that stop him from stealing? We are talking about lies here. Lying publicly.. When the Nigerians he deceived on The Platform find out he was lying through his teeth... hmm

Anyway, I dont want to discuss this further

All these companies are owned by Obi. The guy no be noisemaker.

1 Like

Re: . by globemoney: 5:28pm On Oct 16, 2018
oneast:
The point I was trying to make is that Obi was already established with companies that are still active today. There is no material thing Obi needs now that he cannot afford

All these companies are owned by Obi. The guy no be noisemaker.

You are not getting the point. The point is that peter obi lied to deceive many gullible youths. Its not about peter obis wealth. He said that if you see any of his property outside Anambra, it should be burnt down. Him being rich is a topic for another discussion.
Re: . by JeanBoKassa: 5:44pm On Oct 16, 2018
horsepower101:
SOLAR Manufacturing is finally coming to Igboland. Ebonyi to establish solar plant with Chinese coy

Story story story
Re: . by B2mario(m): 5:48pm On Oct 16, 2018
Daewang:

Na you generation be cursed and foolish generation. Deal with that.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 16, 2018
horsepower101:

Extremely wonderful
This is a very good step in making Ebonyi an industrialized state in the electronics sector.
Re: . by basilo101: 6:57pm On Oct 16, 2018
onuebonyi:
No part of Anambra is part of your useless and low esteemed ipob. We don't feel inferior to anyone. Stop embarrassing igbos by courting ikwerre and other sub groups. They should be the ones claiming Igbo.

But you have been calling PH igbo city

1 Like

Re: . by B2mario(m): 7:27pm On Oct 16, 2018
Daewang:

Your generation is a cursed and doomed generation. Born by mistake.
Thank you sir.
Re: . by Daewang: 7:29pm On Oct 16, 2018
B2mario:
Thank you sir.

Thank you too sir.
Re: . by oneast: 7:48pm On Oct 16, 2018
It is an Igbo city but they have the right to decide where they choose to belong. Just like parts of Kwara is Yoruba but in the North Central.

basilo101:

But you have been calling PH igbo city
Re: . by JeanBoKassa: 7:49pm On Oct 16, 2018
Ebonyi just activating their neo-colonial projects.
Re: . by ezeagu(m): 7:51pm On Oct 16, 2018
achi4u:
guy I've been reading ur utterances lately, please be guided.

We the Ebonyians don't have time or resources to fight anybody.

Just say ndi Ebonyi, biko.

1 Like

Re: . by ezeagu(m): 8:07pm On Oct 16, 2018
In an older thread I stated that all that (wasted) energy Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB spent on convincing nobody that Ijo, Igala (who are partly muslim by the way who IPOB hate), Nupe, ndi Timbuktu etc were part of an unrealistic Biafra could have been spent on honing Igbo political and cultural unity. At the very least that would have given some sense as to which nation 'Biafra' actually would consist of. Instead, the energy was being spent chasing a mirage mini-Nigeria, Nigeria 2.0 with Igbo as the majority.

People talking about Ikwerre and others may be surprised if they find out how much that anti-Igboness comes from pure ignorance, as in, a complete lack of knowledge of history, or miseducation, rather than pure hate or some strategy. Sorry to say, but one thing anybody should observe is that people in Nigeria don't know anything worth knowing outside of some particular thing they studied in school for a career. Some of these Ikwerre people truly in their heart of hearts believe they have nothing to do with the Igbo people and that the Igbo people are the cause of all their problems because that was what they have been taught right from birth.

The dislike or hate or distrust other eastern groups (usually outside of Akwacross) have for Igbo people is that in this ethnocentric Nigerian tripod set-up, they believe that the third leg of the tripod that the Igbo people hold is up for grabs and they all think it should be theirs because of the political state of Igbo people after the war. It's just self preservation in this jungle country but some people are still out here doing "Biafra" of 1968. Biafra would be a disaster, repeat, a Biafra 'reinstated' as it was in 1968 would be a disaster for Igbo people, as it had already proved to have been.

4 Likes

Re: . by ezeagu(m): 8:12pm On Oct 16, 2018
Also, how is anybody convinced that the impact of oil politics wouldn't have caused their own group to became individualistic, it is not a coincidence that most of the Igbo groups shrugging off the larger Igbo body are in oil (well) rich areas, what would have happened if Owerri for example was zoned into Rivers State like Etche (who have people who now strongly deny Igbo relation) and had many oil wells? Would Uratta have become an "ethnic nationality" of Nigeria. Nobody knows.

2 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 11:04pm On Oct 16, 2018
Daewang:

grin cheesy
Nnaa,, Ikegwuru.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 11:07pm On Oct 16, 2018
ezeagu:
Also, how is anybody convinced that the impact of oil politics wouldn't have caused their own group to became individualistic, it is not a coincidence that most of the Igbo groups shrugging off the larger Igbo body are in oil (well) rich areas, what would have happened if Owerri for example was zoned into Rivers State like Etche (who have people who now strongly deny Igbo relation) and had many oil wells? Would Uratta have become an "ethnic nationality" of Nigeria. Nobody knows.

Who knows.
Owerre people call Other Imo people Nwa Isoma. I have heard an Owerri person call me that name personally before.
But we can't work on "what ifs" . Uratta is proudly Igbo today, that's all that matters.

1 Like

Re: . by pazienza(m): 11:10pm On Oct 16, 2018
ezeagu:
In an older thread I stated that all that (wasted) energy Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB spent on convincing nobody that Ijo, Igala (who are partly muslim by the way who IPOB hate), Nupe, ndi Timbuktu etc were part of an unrealistic Biafra could have been spent on honing Igbo political and cultural unity. At the very least that would have given some sense as to which nation 'Biafra' actually would consist of. Instead, the energy was being spent chasing a mirage mini-Nigeria, Nigeria 2.0 with Igbo as the majority.

People talking about Ikwerre and others may be surprised if they find out how much that anti-Igboness comes from pure ignorance, as in, a complete lack of knowledge of history, or miseducation, rather than pure hate or some strategy. Sorry to say, but one thing anybody should observe is that people in Nigeria don't know anything worth knowing outside of some particular thing they studied in school for a career. Some of these Ikwerre people truly in their heart of hearts believe they have nothing to do with the Igbo people and that the Igbo people are the cause of all their problems because that was what they have been taught right from birth.

The dislike or hate or distrust other eastern groups (usually outside of Akwacross) have for Igbo people is that in this ethnocentric Nigerian tripod set-up, they believe that the third leg of the tripod that the Igbo people hold is up for grabs and they all think it should be theirs because of the political state of Igbo people after the war. It's just self preservation in this jungle country but some people are still out here doing "Biafra" of 1968. Biafra would be a disaster, repeat, a Biafra 'reinstated' as it was in 1968 would be a disaster for Igbo people, as it had already proved to have been

At the bold. Good observation. Any Igbo group still angling for Biafra of 1968 ie multiethinic Biafra, and not a purely Igbo Biafra today, will slowly melt away into irrelevancy.

I hate people who refuse to accept the truth. Even the stay at home order compliance, should tell even the blind that Biafra can only work as a purely Igbo agenda.
The reality is simple. Drop the fantasy of multiethinic Biafra, and embrace the reality of a beautifully homogeneous Igbo ethnic nation Biafra.

4 Likes

Re: . by OMANBALA1: 12:21am On Oct 17, 2018
By: Ogochukwu Anioke, Abakaliki On: October 16, 2018

Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi on Tuesday said that he was not against the choice of former Governor, Peter Obi as the running mate to the People’s Democratic Party, PDP Presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar.

Umahi stated this in an interview with journalists in Abakaliki, the state capital.

The governor has faced backlash since he led leaders of the party to complain against the selection process that threw up Obi as Vice Presidential candidate of the party with many people accusing him of sabotaging the interest of the Igbo nation.

But, Umahi while clearing the air, said he was only against the process and not Obi who he noted was very competent for the job.

He, however questioned how people from other regions will meet and take decisions that concerns me south east with the input of a single person from the region.

“We have never said that we are against Peter Obi but what we have said is that if six people can come together from five other regions and look at recommendations for the south east and no south east person is there, that is not good for us.

“We have never said that Obi is not good for us, we have nothing against Obi but we want when decisions that concern us are being taken, we want to be part of that decision’, Umahi said.

The governor also expressed displeasure on the imbalance in the initial five man shortlist for the VP candidacy which had no person from Imo and Ebonyi State on it.

“Number two, the five names submitted, of course no governors in south east wants to be Vice President; everybody wants to finish his tenure. The Five names for VP should have been five names from the five south east states but there was no name from Ebonyi and Imo states”

“I am a fighter of marginalization of Ebonyi people. If we are going to vote, we must be treated with equity. These are the issues; two names came from Anambra, one from Enugu and two from Abia. So, what is wrong in having someone from Ebonyi and then one from Imo?

These are the issues but there are not as terrible as is being looked at. I know that my people put me on social media saying so many terrible things about me but it doesn’t move me”

“We must sit down with the presidential candidate and say look if we work together, we must be part of the decision making . I am not talking about myself, I am talking about the leadership of the south east”.

“If six people can come from other regions to take decision and there is nobody from south east and our people think is right, so be it”.

The Governor, who said he has a good relationship with Mr Obi said he has no regrets on his actions in the aftermath of Obi selection.

“Nobody is against Obi. The leaders of Ndigbo are saying that when decisions are taken and you invite people from other regions, invite people from south east. They never issued any statement and anybody from south east that is saying that my stand is not good, is not a human being because tomorrow is bigger than today”.

“If Atiku had just announced his running mate without other people from other regions seeing the list and making inputs or choices , we wouldn’t have been bothered because nobody chooses a VP for anybody; it is like a wife. But if other people were there, at least one person from south east should have been there. Secondly, Ebonyi state shouldn’t have been neglected even if we will not make the list because the choice is for the man”

“You remember that one of the reasons that Ebonyi man is not too comfortable with the issue of region is that we are afraid of further marginalization. So, these are the issues. Obi is my friend. You would have seen our pictures on the social media. Yes, he is my good friend and we have worked together very very well and he said something to me ‘if I were you, I will be more bitter, I will make greater noise than you are making’.

“Obi understands. And let me give you one shocking news! I was told in the course of our meeting in Enugu that somebody asked Chekwas Okorie why is it that Igbo don’t vote for their Vice Presidential candidates and Chekwas told him that anyday the Igbo man chooses his Vice Presidential candidate, the Igbo man will vote for the Vice presidential candidate and if you check be it Ekwueme or any other, you will find out that we have never voted along that line”.

“And I am very sure that in further decisions, the Igbo man must be called, that is just what we are saying. Nobody is against Obi and he is very competent to be VP but I alone cannot endorse Obi. So when my Chief Press Secretary issued a congratulatory message, the Leaders started calling me saying so you alone have made the VP. So I had to issue another statement to say look, I was not consulted. If that is my sin, I cannot repent”,he concluded.

Dave Umahi is a ffooll!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by ckenneths(m): 6:09am On Oct 17, 2018
Around the Nigeria Railway station in Enugu

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.