Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,652 members, 7,865,615 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:49 PM

. - Politics (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (592445 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by horsepower101: 3:30am On Oct 30, 2018
Obi1kenobi, I have disagreed with you on so many issues but on this unsubstantiated jewish claim, you are absolutely right. There is NO evidence that igbos are Jews or related to Israel.

They even did a DNA test last year and proved it wrong. It’s just a myth.

My stance is that if it could help us gain sympathy and support in times of war from Israel, then the myth is worth it. The road to freedom is very messy.

I have said mine. Argue with your igbo ancestors.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ChinenyeN(m): 5:35am On Oct 30, 2018
hammerFC:
Anya is eye in Igbo.

Ayin is eye in Hebrew.

Coincidence? I dont think so.

Mtcheeww

3 Likes

Re: . by Afam4eva(m): 6:26am On Oct 30, 2018
Thank God that i'm not the only one calling the Igbo-Jewish link for the bullsh1t that it is. It's inferiority complex that will make a people of over 40 million to be going aabout claiming what they're not.

4 Likes

Re: . by Purehuman(m): 6:41am On Oct 30, 2018
prolog2:
I think you lack some brain cells. In the mental asylum where you reside, didn't they tell you to stop ascribing thoughts to others.
There is absolutely no logics to your speech.
You seem to have quoted imaginary people while asking me to take responsability for what your imaginary friends have said.
Your claims are ridiculous, as I have already said, history did not start with the first nigerian coup, but it seems that is all you guys want to talk about. I think we can all face the reality that you guys know nothing about history, all you know about is the civil war and you know it very badly. You seem to have been fed with some heavey brain-dammaging civil war propaganda.

And who told you history started in Benin Kingdom?

Just log off, please.
Re: . by Purehuman(m): 6:46am On Oct 30, 2018
Bane2020:

Thought as much, the same Edos that masterminded some of the worst ethnic huntings of Igbos in the Midwestern region in the wake of the Federal advance through Igbo towns during the Civil War... I would never forget the heart wrenching stories my popsie told me about their wicked roles in joining federal troops to kill, maim, and destroy lots of Igbo lives and properties... And this idiot has the temerity to even invade this thread to start his "Anioma are Edo" madness... the bleeping disrespect.

I know this story. They poisoned many Biafran soldiers using Esan and Benin towns as camp when they were trying to invade ore. They were the ones who gave out locations to the federal troops. Never did the Biafran soldiers tried killing them until we started seeing our soldiers dying. That was when we raided the village for the culprits but unfortunately, the Nigerian soldiers had already taken an attacking position. We had to retreat after the first fail at ore.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Purehuman(m): 6:50am On Oct 30, 2018
prolog2:
Your civil war propaganda runs deep.
As I said, all you want to talk about is the civil war.
And you keep forgetting that it is your soldiers who invaded the midwest, not the other way around !
It seems you want to blame the invaded for defending themselves.
Craze.

Aniomas are Edos.
Late Ogbemudia and Murtala Muhamed were Edo.
Chief Agho Obaseki was Edo like all Anioma are.
You guys keep claiming things to be merely "Edo-influence" as a way to try and deny Edo-identity.
Edo speak several diffrent languages, including languages very close to igbo or even yoruba.

Biafran soldiers never invaded Midwest. Your state was just at the middle of two warring parties and we had to pass through to attack from that end. Why didn't record a high amount of bloodshed. Because if we invaded you, then we wouldn't have been in ore in less than three days of leaving Onitsha. The Biafran soldiers were told never to attack anyone in the Midwest. So they didn't. The only time that we taught you all a lesson was when started poisoning water your people brought for us to drink. You started snitching to the Nigerian troops about our position. Then we had to make you all shut it.

1 Like

Re: . by mightguy(m): 7:18am On Oct 30, 2018
horsepower101:
Obi1kenobi, I have disagreed with you on so many issues but on this unsubstantiated jewish claim, you are absolutely right. There is NO evidence that igbos are Jews or related to Israel.

They even did a DNA test last year and proved it wrong. It’s just a myth.

My stance is that if it could help us gain sympathy and support in times of war from Israel, then the myth is worth it. The road to freedom is very messy.

I have said mine. Argue with your igbo ancestors.
nekwa na Anya ooo... I don't care. If itx the only way to get out of Nigeria.. It is worth it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Afam4eva(m): 7:31am On Oct 30, 2018
I've seen a lot of rguments about whether groups like the Ikwerre are Igbo or not and if anyone knows my stand here, they would know that even though i don't buy the whole Ikwerre/Benin BS, i now see Ikwerre as a different group from the Igbo and it's not for any of the reasons that some Ikwerre people give such as different dialect or the fact that they learned Igbo through trade. it is solely because i believe that people are who they say they are. I have interacted with a lot of Ikwerre people and the consensus thati have gathered is that they do not want to be called anything but Ikwerre, definitely not Igbo and they're verbally violent about it too.

The only thing i have noticed about Ikwerres is a soft affinity for Igbos even though they like to hide it. While in NYSC, we were playing a football match among corpers and a fight broke out between two players, an Igbo and Yoruba guy and it seemed like the other Yoruba guys seemed to be supporting their fellow Yoruba guys and a few Ikwerre guys (we had a handful of them in the LGA) took the matter on their head along with some Igbo guys and started fighting the Yoruba guys. At that moment i realize that Ikwerre people think they are Brothers to Igbo people. But not enough to call themselves Igbo. We can be brothers but not of the same ethnic group even thouhg we are related.

To further explain what i mean, i was in Calabar a few days ago for a wedding and the MC of event was greeted people of different tribes. he greeted the Efiks, Ibibios, Annangs, Oron and different people even though these people are of the same stock. These groups know they are related but don't see themselves as the same tribe. It is insulting for Ibibios to refer to Annangs as Ibibio and vice versa just like Ikwerres think it's insulting to refer to them as Igbos. Mind you, these Igboid groups really don't mind a union with Igbos but as long as they are not lumped in to the Igbo umbrella. Infact i confirmed this when an Ukwuani guy on this forum once said that all the "Bia" speaking groups should come together and form something like a union. This made me think that they were more against the Igbo tag which they feel does not apply to them than having anything to do with Igbos.

So, i think some of us need to start vieving this Igbo denial in a different way and similar to how tribes are viewed in the Niger Delta area where almost every village is a tribe. Have you asked yourself why all the Igboid groups in Rivers state are not grouped under a single umbrella? Why do we have Ikwerre, Etche, Ndoni and co as seperate ethnic groups. If they can't do that, how do you expect them to now come under the Igbo umbrella. Let's think about this with a clear head.

10 Likes

Re: . by letu(m): 7:53am On Oct 30, 2018
OreMI22:

Keep eating yourself up.

Before Nnamdi Kanu ever was born, British authors and archaeologists have made this conclusion. Now that you are afraid of Israel's assistance to IPOB, you will even deny that Igbo are in Nigeria.

Igbos may not be practicing the Jewish religion en-mass, but they are definitely Hebrew. Many Igbos are going back to the Jewish faith. Even waaay before Nnamdi Kanu

https://www.cnn.com/2013/02/01/world/africa/nigeria-jews-igbo/index.html
Yes Igbo's are of Hebrew heritage, the last time I checked white/present day Jewish people are incapable of giving birth to a person of color popularly known as black people, rather it is the black people that can give birth to white person (Albino or Blonde) and there are some school of thought that believes in ancient Hebrews/Semitics of being a people of color like black people in Africa, Asia, America, Black citizens of modern Europe, Australia, it is quite possible that the whole Jewish/Israeli thing is the other way round, which is Igbo's originating from ancient Black Hebrews that modern day Jew's originated from.
The so called Eze NRI in the olden days was traditionally the custodian/the priest of the temple of Ala the earth goddess and he was not the only Eze in Igbo land in the olden days because Eri people where not the only one that worship Ala the earth goddess every other Igbo group/tribe worship Ala the earth goddess in which they have their own temple that they dedicated to Ala the earth goddess and the priest are known as Eze Ala(the high priest of the earth goddess). e g Whites/Albino/Blonde whom both parents are black

3 Likes

Re: . by Bede2u(m): 8:21am On Oct 30, 2018
Afam4eva:
I've seen a lot of rguments about whether groups like the Ikwerre are Igbo or not and if anyone knows my stand here, they would know that even though i don't buy the whole Ikwerre/Benin BS, i now see Ikwerre as a different group from the Igbo and it's not for any of the reasons that some Ikwerre people give such as different dialect or the fact that they learned Igbo through trade. it is solely because i believe that people are who they say they are. I have interacted with a lot of Ikwerre people and the consensus thati have gathered is that they do not want to be called anything but Ikwerre, definitely not Igbo and they're verbally violent about it too.

The only thing i have noticed about Ikwerres is a soft affinity for Igbos even though they like to hide it. While in NYSC, we were playing a football match among corpers and a fight broke out between two players, an Igbo and Yoruba guy and it seemed like the other Yoruba guys seemed to be supporting their fellow Yoruba guys and a few Ikwerre guys (we had a handful of them in the LGA) took the matter on their head along with some Igbo guys and started fighting the Yoruba guys. At that moment i realize that Ikwerre people think they are Brothers to Igbo people. But not enough to call themselves Igbo. We can be brothers but not of the same ethnic group even thouhg we are related.

To further explain what i mean, i was in Calabar a few days ago for a wedding and the MC of event was greeted people of different tribes. he greeted the Efiks, Ibibios, Annangs, Oron and different people even though these people are of the same stock. These groups know they are related but don't see themselves as the same tribe. It is insulting for Ibibios to refer to Annangs as Ibibio and vice versa just like Ikwerres think it's insulting to refer to them as Igbos. Mind you, these Igboid groups really don't mind a union with Igbos but as long as they are not lumped in to the Igbo umbrella. Infact i confirmed this when an Ukwuani guy on this forum once said that all the "Bia" speaking groups should come together and form something like a union. This made me think that they were more against the Igbo tag which they feel does not apply to them than having anything to do with Igbos.

So, i think some of us need to start vieving this Igbo denial in a different way and similar to how tribes are viewed in the Niger Delta area where almost every village is a tribe. Have you asked yourself why all the Igboid groups in Rivers state are not grouped under a single umbrella? Why do we have Ikwerre, Etche, Ndoni and co as seperate ethnic groups. If they can't do that, how do you expect them to now come under the Igbo umbrella. Let's think about this with a clear head.
pazienza...there is truth here. That ikwerre say they are not igbo doesnt mean they wont form a new nation with igbos...i understand exactly wat this guy said.

The reason there are many ethnic groups in SS is because of oil...not because of actual hate

4 Likes

Re: . by IkpuMmadu: 8:43am On Oct 30, 2018
pazienza:

Aniomas are Edos you said, yet when Ojukwu appointed an Anioma man by the name Okonkwo, as the military administrator of newly created Bini republic, you Edo people kicked against it, and accused Ojukwu as foisting an Igbo man on you people, because you never considered Anioma people as one of you.
But today, we are told Anioma is Edo, and all I can say is "bah yawa", it is left for the Anioma people to decide, I for one are more than fully contented with Republic of Igboland consisting only of SE.

During the Biafra war..when the Nigerian troops came to pay homage to then Oba of Benin...did you know what he said ? He told the troops that anything after Abudu they can conquer and we know that igbanke or Igbo akiri is after Abudu

Do you know the role that the Benin played during the Biafra when they killed anioma in Benin city
Re: . by vanbonattel: 8:46am On Oct 30, 2018
letu:
Yes Igbo's are of Hebrew heritage, the last time I checked white/present day Jewish people are incapable of giving birth to a person of color popularly known as black people, rather it is the black people that can give birth to white person (Albino or Blonde) and there are some school of thought that believes in ancient Hebrews/Semitics of being a people of color like black people in Africa, Asia, America, Black citizens of modern Europe, Australia, it is quite possible that the whole Jewish/Israeli thing is the other way round, which is Igbo's originating from ancient Black Hebrews that modern day Jew's originated from.
The so called Eze NRI in the olden days was traditionally the custodian/the priest of the temple of Ala the earth goddess and he was not the only Eze in Igbo land in the olden days because Eri people where not the only one that worship Ala the earth goddess every other Igbo group/tribe worship Ala the earth goddess in which they have their own temple that they dedicated to Ala the earth goddess and the priest are known as Eze Ala(the high priest of the earth goddess). e g Whites/Albino/Blonde whom both parents are black

Makes sense.
Re: . by vanbonattel: 8:48am On Oct 30, 2018
IkpuMmadu:

During the Biafra war..when the Nigerian troops came to pay homage to then Oba of Benin...did you know what he said ? He told the troops that anything after Abudu they can conquer and we know that igbanke or Igbo akiri is after Abudu

Do you know the role that the Benin played during the Biafra when they killed anioma in Benin city

Did the Oba of Benin or any other person speak against the Asaba massacre? Hundreds of Anioma Igbos were shot to death no because they fought anyone in the war, but because their names are Igbo names.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by IkpuMmadu: 8:48am On Oct 30, 2018
Afam4eva:

You are right...in Delta igbo they don't have an issue with the Igbo...they see themselves as ndi onu nuo (those that say welcome as nuo ) including themselves. They know that we are related and Biafra would settle this ..the Ukwuani will have Ukwuani district, the Owerri will have theirs. The Izzas will have theirs , the wawas will have theirs , the egbaenu (Anambra ) will the Enuani will all in the country or region of Biafra...at least what binds us is tye homogeneous langauge

2 Likes

Re: . by IkpuMmadu: 8:49am On Oct 30, 2018
vanbonattel:

Did the Oba of Benin or any other person speak against the Asaba massacre? Hundreds of Anioma Igbos were shot to death no because they fought anyone in the war, but because their names are Igbo names.

No ...absolutely none ! Did Ogbemudia did a number on anioma irrespective of the famed brotherhood? Yes

So I look at these Benin anioma wannabe and laugh at their gullibility and stupidity
Re: . by IkpuMmadu: 8:53am On Oct 30, 2018
Purehuman:

Biafran soldiers never invaded Midwest. Your state was just at the middle of two warring parties and we had to pass through to attack from that end. Why didn't record a high amount of bloodshed. Because if we invaded you, then we wouldn't have been in ore in less than three days of leaving Onitsha. The Biafran soldiers were told never to attack anyone in the Midwest. So they didn't. The only time that we taught you all a lesson was when started poisoning water your people brought for us to drink. You started snitching to the Nigerian troops about our position. Then we had to make you all shut it.

You are right and we would still teach them a lesson again if they play that game...their Oba gave up the city

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by IkpuMmadu: 8:54am On Oct 30, 2018
Purehuman:

And who told you history started in Benin Kingdom?

Just log off, please.

Na chefuo ezi Benin ahu Biko ...let's focus
Re: . by vanbonattel: 8:55am On Oct 30, 2018
Afam4eva:

You're a part of the dying generation of ignorant folks who's sole intent is to use your unverified dark histories to colour an entire region. Your experiences are just a figment of your crooked imaginations and cannot be used as a basis for any decision making process as you could be lying about it just to sell your divisive stories.

2 Likes

Re: . by IkpuMmadu: 8:55am On Oct 30, 2018
Afam4eva:
Thank God that i'm not the only one calling the Igbo-Jewish link for the bullsh1t that it is. It's inferiority complex that will make a people of over 40 million to be going aabout claiming what they're not.

It's not claiming it's affinity bro

1 Like

Re: . by IkpuMmadu: 8:56am On Oct 30, 2018
ezeagu:

So does this mean the Igbo people are Hebrew bastards and the Igbo language a bastard Hebrew?

Don't
Re: . by vanbonattel: 8:59am On Oct 30, 2018
Afam4eva:

As an Igboman, what is your own belief about Igbo genealogy and history?
Re: . by vanbonattel: 9:10am On Oct 30, 2018
OreMI22:

Keep eating yourself up.

Before Nnamdi Kanu ever was born, British authors and archaeologists have made this conclusion. Now that you are afraid of Israel's assistance to IPOB, you will even deny that Igbo are in Nigeria.

Igbos may not be practicing the Jewish religion en-mass, but they are definitely Hebrew. Many Igbos are going back to the Jewish faith. Even waaay before Nnamdi Kanu

https://www.cnn.com/2013/02/01/world/africa/nigeria-jews-igbo/index.html

Igbos are Jewish indeed. The similarities are striking. Just looking at Igbos will tell you they are descendants of Isrealites.
Re: . by Donelli: 9:31am On Oct 30, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

1) Israel's foreign policy posturing is exclusively devoted to the security of their homeland. They are a small nation surrounded by historical Arab and Persian enemies. That threat is all they care about. They don't give a shiit about some black-ass deluded niggas from West Africa claiming to be Jewish. The Ethiopian Jewish population in Israel are victims of large scale resentment and racism.
2) Igbos that make the claim don't do it for its strategic value. They do it because they believe it to be true. They believe it to be true because they've been indoctrinated with the fraud that Igbos are Jews. Hence, you see Igbos adopting Jewish symbols like the Star of David and carrying Israel mini flags around. And Ezes disgracing their ancestors and heritage by claiming their seats to be of Jewish ancestry. No Pan-Igbo Igbocentrist should ever accept that.
3) It embarrasses Igbos before the world. It doesn't matter how long we make the claim and by how many people. Nobody really believes Igbos are Jews. It portrays us as people who take no pride in our heritage and have to adopt an alien one to cure our inferiority complex. The Jewish history and heritage will never be ours to claim. Israel will never be ours to claim. All those thousand-and-one Jewish Nobel laureates and great inventors, authors, filmmakers, industrialists, billionaire tycoons etc will never be ours to claim.

@point 1, I think that clause includes "...and Jews in all parts of the world... " wink

@point 2, you might not be correct on that though.

@point 3, while I won't rush to the conclusion of alluding it to inferiority complex, let me hold my tongue thumb on that argument for now while we see how things pan out.

The question now is, what is the richness of available historical data to prove or dispel the fact that there might be a link between the Igbos and the Hebrews?
How well have these knowledge been documented and passed down through time
Re: . by vanbonattel: 9:35am On Oct 30, 2018
My dad is sewing his own star of David on his chieftaincy regalia today grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by hammerFC: 9:42am On Oct 30, 2018
ChinenyeN:

Mtcheeww

Afam4eva:

U SEE THE PROBLEM WITH SOME IGBO PEOPLE TODAY IS INTELLECTUAL LAZYNESS.

IF IGBO INVESTED IN INSTITUTION TO CARRY OUR EMPIRICAL INVESTIGATION, THE IKWERE PROBLEM AND IKA WOULD HAVE BEEN LONG RESOLVED.

Y WILL U BELIEVE IGBO ARE ANCIENT HEBREW PEOPLE WEN U DONT BELIEVE IKWERE AND IKA ARE IGBO.

THERE IS MORE TO THIS IGBO THING THAN MEETS THE EYES.

U NEED TO INVESTIGATE BEFORE U OPEN YOUR MOUTH TO TALK.

THE SIMILARITY BETWEEN IGBO AND ISREAL MUST BE INVESTIGATED TO BE EXPLAINED AND UNDERSTOOD.

ONE THING EVERYBODY AGREES ON IS THAT THERE ARE SIMILARITIES.

SO HOW DO U EXPLAIN THE SIMILARITIES?

2 Likes

Re: . by deadkamalu: 9:44am On Oct 30, 2018
bastard jews?chai mmadu atala nsi. silly folks claiming hebrew.
Re: . by hammerFC: 10:03am On Oct 30, 2018
The first man who linked the supposed Igbo-Jewish connection, was an Olaudah Equiano a freed Igbo slave who lived in Britain in the 18th

. In his popular autobiography Interesting Narrative of the Life of Olaudah Equiano, or Gustavus Vassa the African, first published in London in 1789, one finds Equiano, an Igbo, remarking on “the strong analogy” that “appears to prevail in the manners and customs of my countryman, and those of the Jews.” Equiano points to circumcision, sacrifices, and purifications as examples of this resemblance, and concludes that the Igbo and Jews are of the same stock. “

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by hammerFC: 10:06am On Oct 30, 2018
Nnamdi Kanu did not start this.

Eze Nri and Eri had religious practice that were identified by they the British as Jewish wen they entered igbo hinterland.

Everybody cannot be wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by hammerFC: 10:08am On Oct 30, 2018
Israel is a tiny country and will happily assist Biafra but cannot accommodate Igbo population.

That is why they have remained silent.

Igbo are not seeking for Israel bt assistance in developing Biafra to a formidable state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 30, 2018
[s]
Afam4eva:

[/s]

I think u should stop been delusional and WAKE UP.

1 Like

Re: . by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:18am On Oct 30, 2018
vanbonattel:
My dad is sewing his own star of David on his chieftaincy regalia today grin grin grin grin

Then you'd best educate your dad on his ignorance. It is people like him that have led youths astray feeding them poison. Tourists will come to a place like Kenya and go home with Maasai regalia and trinkets, or go to South Africa and buy those beautiful Ndebele attire and adornments. Meanwhile Igbo people, including efulefu royal fathers go around looking like clowns like these people:

3 Likes

Re: . by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:20am On Oct 30, 2018
pazienza

I've seen you peeping in on the thread a number of times and saying nothing about this issue. Perhaps, you could be the voice of reason here that could help redeem those that have gone astray. How do you feel watching Igbos and their obsession with Jews and Israel and claiming to be Jews?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.