Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,795 members, 7,851,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:16 AM

. - Politics (693) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (589909 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Unbiased1: 1:55pm On Feb 10, 2020
Images from Owerri below.
Owerri Municipal Local Government Area is officially the most organized area not just in the South East but in Igboland in general

2 Likes

Re: . by Unbiased1: 1:58pm On Feb 10, 2020
I was only able to get very few pics from Owerri due to network issue over here.

2 Likes

Re: . by Unbiased1: 2:00pm On Feb 10, 2020
Final Pictures
International Market Owerri is shown in the 2nd pic

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 10, 2020
Whosoever that knows this boy Unbiased1 should get him for proper flogging.
Re: . by leicestercamper: 3:41pm On Feb 10, 2020
Igbos should start talking

UdechiHD:
551 Billion! Chineke God. Something tells me the Minister of foreign affairs and the other Enelamah dude of Ministry of trade and investment both of Abia state are making sure these thieves who destroyed their state are all prosecuted. Nothing would give me joy than to see Theodore Orji join his elder brother in life imprisonment. All of them must be jailed.
Ndi Abia must kill the PDP in that state if it means setting themselves free from bondage. APC should take over that state.

Re: . by Unbiased1: 3:45pm On Feb 10, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Whosoever that knows this boy Unbiased1 should get him for proper flogging.

This lost soul is craving for attention grin

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 10, 2020
Unbiased1:

This lost soul is craving for attention grin
I don't need your attention just want you outta here.
Re: . by olaitoro(m): 5:29am On Feb 13, 2020
What's happening here guys
Re: . by AmuDimpka: 3:55am On Feb 16, 2020
ChinenyeN:

That is beyond the scope of what is being discussed. Identities morph and change all the time. Ngwa is a name applied to a group of settlements less than a millennia ago. In another millennia or two, Ngwa could very well not even exist. That is life. There was no "Igbo identity" a hundred years ago, and now there is a strong "Igbo identity" in 2020. That is life. So I'm not concerned with that. Rather, what I am concerned with is agency and an end to the constant and wasteful arguments about "Igbo Unity" and who is and isn't Igbo.

Stop this madness ...who the hell told you that there was no Igbo identity 100s if wars ago....

A out 500yrs ago, towns have been bearing Igbo ukwu, igbo etiti, igbo eze , Igbuzor etc...are these towns recent

Dude as an ngwa man, You guys are bunch of disgrace, just look at ABA and see how dirty that place is..with your fat clown of a brother that calls himself governor that can't tidy up a shi.tty state and city

Ngwa brought disgrace to Igbo on many occasions historically and hygienically

1 Like

Re: . by topboss: 1:30pm On Feb 16, 2020
Re: . by topboss: 1:37pm On Feb 16, 2020
Re: . by ChinenyeN(m): 6:18pm On Feb 16, 2020
AmuDimpka:
Stop this madness ...who the hell told you that there was no Igbo identity 100s if wars ago....

A out 500yrs ago, towns have been bearing Igbo ukwu, igbo etiti, igbo eze , Igbuzor etc...are these towns recent

Dude as an ngwa man, You guys are bunch of disgrace, just look at ABA and see how dirty that place is..with your fat clown of a brother that calls himself governor that can't tidy up a shi.tty state and city

Ngwa brought disgrace to Igbo on many occasions historically and hygienically

Lol. If you are basing your entire response on the premise that an Igbo identity existed before British colonial rule, then you and I obviously have nothing to discuss.

If Ngwa disgraced you so much, then do like your fellow Nigerians; disown us. Igbo culture and Nigerian culture loves to disown people and things. So save yourself this childish and foolish headache and disown us so we can all go about our business. A na-ekwu, a na-eme. Show us that you're serious. Come and show us that you and your Igbo people are serious. Mtcheww. Nonsense.
Re: . by AmuDimpka: 6:35pm On Feb 16, 2020
ChinenyeN:

Lol. If you are basing your entire response on the premise that an Igbo identity existed before British colonial rule, then you and I obviously have nothing to discuss.

If Ngwa disgraced you so much, then do like your fellow Nigerians; disown us. Igbo culture and Nigerian culture loves to disown people and things. So save yourself this childish and foolish headache and disown us so we can all go about our business. A na-ekwu, a na-eme. Show us that you're serious. Come and show us that you and your Igbo people are serious. Mtcheww. Nonsense.

Dude go and sleep, you guys have nothing to offer ! Go and clean up your shitty ABA first before we can talk

Armchair historian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by topboss: 8:44pm On Feb 16, 2020
The reason Igbo no longer marry each other is due to lack of social events.
Igbos are anti-social.

This is affecting Igbo music industry. and even Igbo marriage rate

1 Like

Re: . by okpalaAnambra: 9:15pm On Feb 16, 2020
IgbereTV reports that a man known as Mr. Ossy from Aguleri in Anambra State Nigeria committed suicide by hanging himself on a Mango tree after sponsoring one Miss Melisa Nnaji from Enugu State to the University level at Institute of Management Technology (IMT) with the promise of getting married to her after graduation.

Regrettably, the man couldn't stand the shock when he received an invitation of the girl's marriage coming up 18th of March 2020 through one of his best friend called Nnadozie, Which led him to commit suicide.
This is why I continue to say that Aguleri people are not Igbos they're Igala people...no Igbo man will do this stupid thing like a typical Aguleri Igala man training someone who's not his wife yet in school.. abomination

Re: . by leicestercamper: 9:23pm On Feb 16, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Dude go and sleep, you guys have nothing to offer ! Go and clean up your shitty ABA first before we can talk

Armchair historian

Every Abia man is cursed, they don't care about the situation of their state, no wonder people like chef2000 aka okpalanambra are on nairaland wasting away.
Re: . by AmuDimpka: 10:10pm On Feb 16, 2020
leicestercamper:

Every Abia man is cursed, they don't care about the situation of their state, no wonder people like chef2000 aka okpalanambra are on nairaland wasting away.

Ngwa People are the most funniest! Very terrible lot! They don't mind living in dirty shitty backwards environment! A very big disgrace to the Igbo nation...they are the most backward group in the whole Igbo nation ...with their clownish brother Okezie
Re: . by hammerU: 10:38pm On Feb 16, 2020
topboss:
The reason Igbo no longer marry each other is due to lack of social events.
Igbos are anti-social.

This is affecting Igbo music industry. and even Igbo marriage rate

I TOLD DEM TO BRING BACK TD JAKES AND HAVE A GET TOGETHER OCCASION WITH OTHER PASTORS AND FATHER ALONGSIDE THE GOVS, IN THE EAST, THEY REFUSE.

IF THEY CANNOT AGREE TO WELCOME A MAN OF GOD THAT HAPPEN TO BE THEIR SON HOME, THEN WAT OTHER EVENT WILL THEY AGREE TO DO?

IGBO LONG LOST IT AND THEIR ARE FORCES WITHIN THAT ARE INTENT ON DESTROYING AND ERASING THE IGBO RACE PERPETUALLY.

IMO STATE GOV, HANDED HIS FAT DAUGHTER TO AN IGBO SON BUT THE SLIM BEAUTIFUL ONE HE HANDED TO YORUBA.

ARARUME HANDED ALL TO YORUBA, AND THESE ARE YOUR LEADERS.

TODAY NGOZI EZEONU FIRST CHILD AND DAUGHTER MARRIED A YORUBA AND NDIIGBO DONT THINK SOMETHING IS WRONG?

HOW ABOUT ORJI UZO KALU FIRST CHILD AND DAUGHTER?
Re: . by Nobody: 11:36pm On Feb 16, 2020
hammerU:

I TOLD DEM TO BRING BACK TD JAKES AND HAVE A GET TOGETHER OCCASION WITH OTHER PASTORS AND FATHER ALONGSIDE THE GOVS, IN THE EAST, THEY REFUSE.

IF THEY CANNOT AGREE TO WELCOME A MAN OF GOD THAT HAPPEN TO BE THEIR SON HOME, THEN WAT OTHER EVENT WILL THEY AGREE TO DO?

IGBO LONG LOST IT AND THEIR ARE FORCES WITHIN THAT ARE INTENT ON DESTROYING AND ERASING THE IGBO RACE PERPETUALLY.

IMO STATE GOV, HANDED HIS FAT DAUGHTER TO AN IGBO SON BUT THE SLIM BEAUTIFUL ONE HE HANDED TO YORUBA.

TODAY NGOZI EZEONU FIRST CHILD AND DAUGHTER MARRIED A YORUBA AND NDIIGBO DONT THINK SOMETHING IS WRONG?

my brother, the future of the igbo lies in the males of the tribe not the females. Theirs nothing wrong in marrying where ever you find love.
We have always produced worthy men, and we would keep on producing more. contrary to your views, I see a resurgence in the Igbo culture -from our dressing to food and even industry. It's left for us the present generation to do more for posterity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by hammerU: 11:41pm On Feb 16, 2020
eduj:

my brother, the future of the igbo lies in the males of the tribe not the females. Theirs nothing wrong in marrying where ever you find love.
We have always produced worthy men, and we would keep on producing more. contrary to your views, I see a resurgence in the Igbo culture -from our dressing to food and even industry. It's left for us the present generation to do more for posterity

AND WHO WILL THOSE MEN MARRY? THEMSELVES?

DO U THINK IGBO CAN WITHSTAND THE MEDIA CAMPAIGN OF YORUBA TO DRIVE INTER-TRIBAL MARRIAGE PARTICULARLY WITH IGBO WOMEN?

OR U DONT KNOW WAT IS GOING ON. SO U WANT TO TELL ME NO IGBO MAN CAN MARRY ANITA JOSEPH?

1 Like

Re: . by XANDERBOY85: 12:34am On Feb 17, 2020
Recent view of some parts of Enugu.

Nice, but they need to put more effort into sweeping and tidying up the busy/commercial parts of the city, and repaint the road-markings as well.

Clip courtesy Milly Mally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GFESVsk7qA

1 Like

Re: . by ChinenyeN(m): 7:57am On Feb 17, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Armchair historian

You do understand that you are welcome to simply NOT quote or respond to me. Between the two of us here, I am not the one shouting. I am not the one with ruffled feathers, and I am not the one with the misguided notion that an Igbo identity existed before colonial rule. Lol. You obviously don't know much about Igbo history and should probably take the time to study up on it.

BUT, if learning Igbo history is does not suite you, then go and make yourself useful by convincing your ohnuhnu brethren to clean up the trash they've been littering all over Aba for decades now. At this point, any ohnuhnu person who opens their mouth to hold Ngwa people responsible for the trash in Aba and environs is simply being insincere. You ohnuhnu have left Aba to rot, and now it is no longer your responsibility, o'u kwa ya? That's such insincere mentality.

This is a time now when we should all be rallying together to demand more from government at all levels, rather than this wasteful energy you are presenting here to me. There is no other way I can characterize your behavior aside from that it simply deserves a "tufia" from me.

1 Like

Re: . by AmuDimpka: 7:59am On Feb 17, 2020
ChinenyeN:

You do understand that you are welcome to simply NOT quote or respond to me. Between the two of us here, I am not the one shouting. I am not the one with ruffled feathers, and I am not the one with the misguided notion that an Igbo identity existed before colonial rule. Lol. You obviously don't know much about Igbo history and should probably take the time to study up on it.

BUT, if learning Igbo history is does not suite you, then go and make yourself useful by convincing your ohnuhnu brethren to clean up the trash they've been littering all over Aba for decades now. At this point, any ohnuhnu person who opens their mouth to hold Ngwa people responsible for the trash in Aba and environs is simply being insincere. You ohnuhnu have left Aba to rot, and now it is no longer your responsibility, o'u kwa ya? That's such insincere mentality.

This is a time now when we should all be rallying together to demand more from government at all levels, rather than this wasteful energy you are presenting here to me. There is no other way I can characterize your behavior aside from that it simply deserves a "tufia" from me.

LoL
Re: . by Danishguy(m): 8:38am On Feb 17, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Armchair historian
Like you are being very emotional here.

You can never get your way with insults and intimidation...finally, allow that lone Ngwa not Igbo to continue in his perpetual tomfoolery

I've come across more Ngwas than Yorubas, and not even one ever had a reason to deny being Igbo.
Re: . by AmuDimpka: 8:47am On Feb 17, 2020
Danishguy:
Like you are being very emotional here.

You can never get your way with insults and intimidation...finally, allow that lone Ngwa not Igbo to continue in his perpetual tomfoolery

I've come across more Ngwas than Yorubas, and not even one ever had a reason to deny being Igbo.
ok

Even my uncle is from Ntigha in ngwa...I was addressing the arm chair critic bro
Re: . by ChinenyeN(m): 4:31pm On Feb 17, 2020
Lol. For such a learned population, it is clear that Igbo people hate reading and comprehension. After I stated of my own volition that Ngwa is an Igbo group, you people will come and ignore my own words just to paint a narrative of your own liking. You all are dense.

ChinenyeN:
Learn it today, if you failed to learn it after a decade plus. So next time you feel the burning, childish need to argue with me, simply stop and tell yourself "wait, he said Ngwa is an Igbo group, so let me not break my head and look stupid". It will save you and I unnecessary, idiotic, paranoia-induced headaches.

Each day, I grow more and more convinced that fanatically proud Igbo people are the worst thing to happen to Igbo identity and Igbo destiny, second only to the civil war.
Re: . by hammerU: 7:21pm On Feb 17, 2020
ChinenyeN:
Lol. For such a learned population, it is clear that Igbo people hate reading and comprehension. After I stated of my own volition that Ngwa is an Igbo group, you people will come and ignore my own words just to paint a narrative of your own liking. You all are dense.

Each day, I grow more and more convinced that fanatically proud Igbo people are the worst thing to happen to Igbo identity and Igbo destiny, second only to the civil war.

I love Igbo but not a fanatically proud, becos to be fanatically proud is to be blind to their flaws.

I want Igbo to succeed and in other to attain success, we must look within and critically criticise our short comings and faults.

I dont believe we should let any part of us go even if they make such request.

I believe the Igboid group are Igbo in as much as every other Igbo group.

I further believe we should evolve smart ideology to accommodate every other ethnic group with which we share boundary and live peacefully.
Re: . by NaijirianKing: 11:21pm On Feb 17, 2020
Interesting.
Re: . by hammerU: 7:06am On Feb 18, 2020
NaijirianKing:

The only issue is the portrayal of our women by other groups in the media.

Marry who you want, but don't ruin the image of our mothers, daughters, aunts, cousins, sisters and wives, by portraying them in a certain light in songs, movies and other forms of media.

There is one imagine being circulated of a naked Chidinma by dem on this forum.

No day is allowed to pass without that picture being posted on nairaland.
Re: . by Unbiased1: 10:54am On Feb 18, 2020
hammerU:

All these ones no concern you na. You can't dictate to an adult who to marry and who not to marry. They found love in Yoruba men and went ahead with the marriage and so be it, no dey carry all these unnecessary matter for head.
Re: . by Unbiased1: 10:55am On Feb 18, 2020
eduj:

Nice one
Re: . by Unbiased1: 11:03am On Feb 18, 2020
hammerU:

AND WHO WILL THOSE MEN MARRY? THEMSELVES?

DO U THINK IGBO CAN WITHSTAND THE MEDIA CAMPAIGN OF YORUBA TO DRIVE INTER-TRIBAL MARRIAGE PARTICULARLY WITH IGBO WOMEN?

OR U DONT KNOW WAT IS GOING ON. SO U WANT TO TELL ME NO IGBO MAN CAN MARRY ANITA JOSEPH?

LOL. All these inter-tribal marriages have been taking place between Igbo women who have spent decades in Lagos and Abuja. So you want to tell me that the South East has run out of women for Igbo men to marry? 4 of my friends ( Igbo men ) who live and work in Lagos travelled home last year for their wedding to "Igbo women," same thing with Igbo men who live and work in the South east and get married to Igbo women.

It is normal for people to marry from their host communities just as Igbo women in Lagos are getting married to Yoruba men. During the Xenophobia attacks in South Africa, didn't you see the large number of Igbo men who had South African wives? Why didn't you complain about that one? Why are you always complaining Igbo Women? Do you know how many Igbo men who live in Europe have European wives? Why don't you complain about that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.