Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

. - Politics (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (584392 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 20, 2018
Handsomegod:
I don't even know where to start addressing this mess you vomited up there. You implicated yourself all through. You stated that the North's exclusive long hold on power did not and have not helped them as they are being ravaged by poverty and turned around to blame Igbos who held appointments in the past for not developing Igboland. What da Bleep are you blabbing about Oga? You wasted a whole space yapping without even addressing the very cause of Nigerian crisis which is the structure. Sad to say. Again,the discussions here so far was never centred on blaming anyone for Igbo woes but strictly on optimising our human and material resources. And sir,there is systemic marginalisation of Igbos in Nigeria. It is not only shrouded in the extant laws but also a matter of covert federal policy.We still manage to overcome these odds nevertheless. Your infantile rants and denial of this obvious fact that even the so called northerners you appeal to have acknowledged clearly gave your rants away as another smoky noise. Do you want me to start giving you federal projects cited in other regions without an equivalent in Igboland? Let's start with the recent Railway masterplan which saw Igboland completely exempted. What about the recent concessions of selected international airports in the country with Akanu ibiam Airport exempted too? Infact Akanu Ibiam Airport was not even gazetted as an international airport for starters and oga,Mr alanlyser,it does not strike you as odd and premeditated? Attention should also be given to your silly analysis of Lagos! Have never heard or seen such blank ignorance and misfiring analysis on rampage! Please note: Lagos is Federal government and Federal government is Lagos! All the governors have been doing are window dressing. To even consider Lagos developed by any stretch of indices showed some of you really need to travel out and see what development truly is. Kualar Lumpur,New Delhi,Mumbai,Seoul,Karachi etc are all contemporaries of Lagos but your so called centre of excellence can't even hold a torch for those other cities today on any index of advancement bar none! For you to even compare the dynamics of Lagos to any other state,much less South Eastern states further gave you away. Please stick to the spirit of this thread(not trend.take note).

Keep deceiving yourself. You will play this stupid blame game till 2050 and Igbo land will not go anywhere. The rail line from Lagos to Calabar covers Agbor, Umunede, Issele uku, Asaba, and Onitsha before returning back to warri and then to Calabar. Lagos is Federal government? Another hopeless and stupid talk. Ogun state is gradually becoming the second richest state in Nigeria, maybe Ogun state is also a federal project. You guys are always giving stupid excuses to defend the miscalculations of Igbo leaders. You are comparing Lagos to the cities of other countries as if you can also compare any Igbo city to the top cities of other countries. I used the North's underdevelopment level as an example for you to understand that it is not only the SE that is lacking basic infrastructure from the Federal government, the entire country lacks federal infrastructure so don't make it look like the FG is punishing only the SE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Curlieweed: 8:20am On Aug 20, 2018
Develpeast:

I stated this as early as 2015 when I saw the need to move on without Nigeria's federal government allocation and the meagre IGR we generate. Igboland needs solid infrastructures and system that will catapult us to the next 50years within the next 10 years. Without doing these we will keep managing the situation and not gaining anything from this country.

For igboland to develop, it is going to be all-hands-on-deck kind of development. Leaving the development for the government officials who think about the short term and not the long term will always make us go back to square one after every eight years. We need to create a body whose sole intention is to develop infrastructures and systems that will build the different sectors of the economy in Nigeria. Since the body wont be looking at the next election, they will be more focused in achieving their aims rather than gaining so much money from the system.

Our minds are faster than our actions. We need to unify behind one party. Let igboland be synonymous to APGA and we the youths and younger generations, infiltrate their ranks and make our own the people leading us. Let us forget federal politics and focus on the local things we can achieve.

Thanks. This has always been my exact thoughts. The key challenge will be how to go about this objective. The financial architecture shouldn’t be too difficult but getting people who combine integrity with wide acceptance will be key.

While I support your APGA idea, I think that waiting until all the 5 states are under one political umbrella before starting will only encourage opportunities for sabotage. I think a grassroots anchored approach might be better. The old Igbo Union made outstanding use of town unions.

1 Like

Re: . by spyder880(m): 8:27am On Aug 20, 2018
Peace mass transit services, Emene, Enugu. They are now assembling their own vehicles inside their factory premises. This is looking good for more jobs and opportunities.

4 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 20, 2018
Cjrane2:

He is Yoruba trying so hard to claim Igbo. I have always known his true identity because i read 100% of his posts here and elsewhere. There is another one that i have been reading all his posts. It might be his second moniker because they write in a similar way using similar English tenses.

I am sure he chose NnamdiJonathan from (Nnamdi Kanu) and (Goodluck Jonathan) thinking these are names Igbos must like

Wait oo, Do you know how many years I have spent in Lagos living with the Yoruba people and you just expect me to allow this una stupid blame game against them to continue?
Re: . by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 20, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

The same APGA that left the bodies of IPOB and MASSOB men to rot in gutters? Stop saying nonsense.

hahahaha.
The guy expects me to vote out Ugwuayi Ifeanyi in Enugu and Dave Umahi in Ebonyi and vote in mumu candidates because they are in APGA. They think everybody in APGA is as good as Obiano.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 20, 2018
DanielOc:

I barely talk against peoples opinion online or offline....

As faceless as we all seem, I can't say you're Igbo or otherwise, but get this within your circle of comprehension,..

As it is now in Nigeria, APC or any party dominated by non Igbo can never want it well for the Igbos but for either themselves or their people...

Apga is a party known to be a gift from Ojukwu to the Igbos.
In order to make it sell, we have to patronize it....

And its also time we fit into sentimental politics fully.....

OK ooo. I have heard you. You can go ahead and vote for APGA that clearly has no political vision. What if the APGA candidates are money driven visionless people?
Re: . by spyder880(m): 8:38am On Aug 20, 2018
Independence Avenue, Enugu state.

7 Likes

Re: . by spyder880(m): 8:42am On Aug 20, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

OK ooo. I have heard you. You can go ahead and vote for APGA that clearly has no political vision. What if the APGA candidates are money driven visionless people?

Are the PDP candidates having any visions? APGA is the best party for Igbos. All Igbos have APGA at heart.

5 Likes

Re: . by spyder880(m): 8:44am On Aug 20, 2018
Justice statues at road junctions leading to Enugu high court.

4 Likes

Re: . by Develpeast: 8:45am On Aug 20, 2018
Curlieweed:

Thanks. This has always been my exact thoughts. The key challenge will be how to go about this objective. The financial architecture shouldn’t be too difficult but getting people who combine integrity with wide acceptance will be key.

While I support your APGA idea, I think that waiting until all the 5 states are under one political umbrella before starting will only encourage opportunities for sabotage. I think a grassroots anchored approach might be better. The old Igbo Union made outstanding use of town unions.

Yes, igbo unions are always going to be there. The plan is more complex than what is been written here. We need real coup plotters to remove those already in power. For us to engage in this kind of coup, we need to ally ourselves with IPOB (because of its wide acceptance) and make its members join the APGA party and with membership cards. This will give us the advantage of numbers in winning the primaries, at first, then we can also infiltrate the locals easily through their teeming youths and grassroot mobility.

Why do we need the political class?

1. We need them to play to our tune and push the igbo agenda well. So that policies that will bring the necessary development to igboland will be achieved without the positions.

2. We need people to bargain for us during election period. Like 2019 is coming, the igbo people have no say in the working of things during the elections. Even if Buhari is bad, if we does our bidding, he isnt bad to us then. We need real deals on the table and not promises. If we give 10million votes, these are the things you will do for igboland. And to that effect we give him the votes and get what we want while the organisation I mentioned earlier will continue on its own path.

3. We need their constituency allowance and some parts of their benefits for us to get more funds in delivering projects. This will be rule of the new APGA. You either sign it as an agreement or you lose your voting power. Senators and rep members will not be constructing roads with low
quality. They will not be gifting people stoves and lamps anymore, the monies will be channeled to real projects and more people will gain from them.

Moreover, the political party will only take care of the political class, but other citizens will fall under the igbo unions, religious and community organizations. We will have to generate funds from everywhere and anywhere possible. So that we can generate the required amounts to deliver great projects and systems that will push us forward.

3 Likes

Re: . by spyder880(m): 8:49am On Aug 20, 2018
More at the junction near Universal hotels.........

4 Likes

Re: . by spyder880(m): 8:53am On Aug 20, 2018
More of Independence avenue, Enugu.

5 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 20, 2018
spyder880:

Are the PDP candidates having any visions? APGA is the best party for Igbos. All Igbos have APGA at heart.

So Wike, Umahi and Ugwuanyi are all vision less?
Re: . by spyder880(m): 9:04am On Aug 20, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

So Wike, Umahi and Ugwuanyi are all vision less?

Now, compare them to Obiano?

6 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 20, 2018
Develpeast:

Yes, igbo unions are always going to be there. The plan is more complex than what is been written here. We need real coup plotters to remove those already in power. For us to engage in this kind of coup, we need to ally ourselves with IPOB (because of its wide acceptance) and make its members join the APGA party and with membership cards. This will give us the advantage of numbers in winning the primaries, at first, then we can also infiltrate the locals easily through their teeming youths and grassroot mobility.

Why do we need the political class?

1. We need them to play to our tune and push the igbo agenda well. So that policies that will bring the necessary development to igboland will be achieved without the positions.

2. We need people to bargain for us during election period. Like 2019 is coming, the igbo people have no say in the working of things during the elections. Even if Buhari is bad, if we does our bidding, he isnt bad to us then. We need real deals on the table and not promises. If we give 10million votes, these are the things you will do for igboland. And to that effect we give him the votes and get what we want while the organisation I mentioned earlier will continue on its own path.

3. We need their constituency allowance and some parts of their benefits for us to get more funds in delivering projects. This will be rule of the new APGA. You either sign it as an agreement or you lose your voting power. Senators and rep members will not be constructing roads with low
quality. They will not be gifting people stoves and lamps anymore, the monies will be channeled to real projects and more people will gain from them.

Moreover, the political party will only take care of the political class, but other citizens will fall under the igbo unions, religious and community organizations. We will have to generate funds from everywhere and anywhere possible. So that we can generate the required amounts to deliver great projects and systems that will push us forward.

easier said than done. You have forgotten that APGA is a national party which means it's national party chairman can be from any part of the country and there may be party crisis which is a norm in all parties in Nigeria. How can we solve these problems?
Re: . by spyder880(m): 9:14am On Aug 20, 2018
An Igbo man who successfully changed his village to a city status is recognised and celebrated.........

https://www.nairaland.com/4685821/man-singlehandedly-turned-village-city

5 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 20, 2018
spyder880:

How many Obianos are in APGA? Have you forgotten that Enugu is the richest state in the SE in terms of IGR and it rose under PDP leadership? You see why I said that it does not depend on the Party but on the individual. The progress of the SE depends on our leaders not on our political parties.
Re: . by spyder880(m): 9:36am On Aug 20, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

How many Obianos are in APGA? Have you forgotten that Enugu is the richest state in the SE in terms of IGR and it rose under PDP leadership? You see why I said that it does not depend on the Party but on the individual. The progress of the SE depends on our leaders not on our political parties.

There are over a million Obianos in all parts of Nigeria, but we only need to be committed to see them. Stop the diversionary tactic of talking IGR and face the points on the table. Enugu governor has also tried, but he needs to switch to APGA too to try more, then all Igbos will come to see APGA as Igbos saving organisation. This is what Rochas missed when he switched to APC from the APGA imolites voted for him from.

6 Likes

Re: . by spyder880(m): 9:39am On Aug 20, 2018
Umuchukwu, Anambra state..........

4 Likes

Re: . by B2mario(m): 9:43am On Aug 20, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

Even if things get done the way u have put them, getting Biafra now is the worst thing that can ever happen to us and our land. If we break out now, we will be cut out of the national power grid thereby leaving our land in total darkness, we don't have a functional seaport, many Igbo people will lose their businesses located outside igboland in Nigeria, there will be mass relocation of over 10 million Igbos back to Igboland which will stretch our little infrastructure, we will lack food because we are currently not sufficient in any food crop we consume etc. Many things have to be addressed before we even think about breaking out of Nigeria.
Another wrong comment from same guy. Pls how old are you? Study nigeria properly before you come and disgrace us, Igbo is marginalised and this is true. Igbo still has investments as far as Ivory coast and Angola, nobody is depriving her the right to her investments just because she is not indigenous to these areas.

4 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 20, 2018
spyder880:

There are over a million Obianos in all parts of Nigeria, but we only need to be committed to see them. Stop the diversionary tactic of talking IGR and face the points on the table. Enugu governor has also tried, but he needs to switch to APGA too to try more, then all Igbos will come to see APGA as Igbos saving organisation. This is what Rochas missed when he switched to APC from the APGA imolites voted for him from.

The same imolites voted for him again in APC because they believed in the individual not the party which is the best thing to do.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 20, 2018
B2mario:
Another wrong comment from same guy. Pls how old are you? Study nigeria properly before you come and disgrace us, Igbo is marginalised and this is true. Igbo still has investments as far as Ivory coast and Angola, nobody is depriving her the right to her investments just because she is not indigenous to these areas.

lol. I wasn't talking about Igbo businesses outside Nigeria, I was talking about Igbo businesses within Nigeria that are located outside Igbo land.

1 Like

Re: . by Handsomegod(m): 9:57am On Aug 20, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

Keep deceiving yourself. You will play this stupid blame game till 2050 and Igbo land will not go anywhere. The rail line from Lagos to Calabar covers Agbor, Umunede, Issele uku, Asaba, and Onitsha before returning back to warri and then to Calabar. Lagos is Federal government? Another hopeless and stupid talk. Ogun state is gradually becoming the second richest state in Nigeria, maybe Ogun state is also a federal project. You guys are always giving stupid excuses to defend the miscalculations of Igbo leaders. You are comparing Lagos to the cities of other countries as if you can also compare any Igbo city to the top cities of other countries. I used the North's underdevelopment level as an example for you to understand that it is not only the SE that is lacking basic infrastructure from the Federal government, the entire country lacks federal infrastructure so don't make it look like the FG is punishing only the SE.
Oga analyser! Just because Igbos fail to join you in the converge of toxic demons called APC,all of you have been crying and screaming like cattle on heat! I can see how South West and Tinubu's perfect calculation gave you guys Buhari and where it placed the entire country today! So much for political wizardry and calculations. Sophisticated zombies on rampage.Please,Mr infant,Lagos barely above two decades ago was the capital of Nigeria. All the critical infrastructure and economic advantage it harbours are courtesy of this status. The human development index is out there for your consumption Oga. Igbo states have the best and most positive indicators of Human Development even in the excruciating and strangulating structure that stifle genuine development. Google is your friend. Ogun state is the second richest state in your dreams yet they don't even have humane living conditions.Squalor and destitution still reign supreme. Once upon a time,they told us Osun IGR is bigger than the entire south east states but the backwater state ruled by a covert witch doctor has since gone belly up in debt and destitution. The main gist is that Nigeria is gone and buried and is completely unsalvageable.Maybe you should also give us pictograph of the rail master plan so we can see these rail lines that transverses through my village which was mentioned in your diatribe.I also noticed how you downplayed the dearth of federal presence in Igboland by reminding us they are same in other regions. That line of thought and speaking alone clearly gave you away as the impostor you are.If you like,answer EmekaChika. Free us here with your infantile rants and morbid trashy analysis.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Kokolet11: 9:58am On Aug 20, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

Even if things get done the way u have put them, getting Biafra now is the worst thing that can ever happen to us and our land. If we break out now, we will be cut out of the national power grid thereby leaving our land in total darkness, we don't have a functional seaport, many Igbo people will lose their businesses located outside igboland in Nigeria, there will be mass relocation of over 10 million Igbos back to Igboland which will stretch our little infrastructure, we will lack food because we are currently not sufficient in any food crop we consume etc. Many things have to be addressed before we even think about breaking out of Nigeria.
you must be mad,so because some useless igbos like peter obi and his useless brother that is build mall in rivers state and some other useless igbos that have their businessess located outside igboland we should not think or have Biafra just because they will lose their businesses?what stops obi and his brother from having their business in Anambra state or other igbo state?and what stop others from having their business in SE?even after what happen after Biafra war those fools still have the guts to have their businesses outside south east and you expect me to care about their lose?i have vow never to build outside SE so what stop others from doing the same.mr man just respect yourself because i dont care if they lose all their business.show what hausa man or yrouba man have in south east the i will take back my words.dalu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by B2mario(m): 10:16am On Aug 20, 2018
aniomafirstson:

Don't forget igbos were @ the forefront of Nigerian affairs before the civil war.
But the failed NZEOGWU coup changed everything coupled with what ironsi did by changing our government it to a unitary system of government

Those acts coupled with the loss of the civil war changed everything.
The coup was it a brain idea of Nzeogwu? The coup was initiated by them (yorubas) with paramount aim of releasing Awolowo from prison and making him the prime minister since they claimed that the then govt failed. The idea was related to Nzeogwu and he bought it, and just because he was successful with his task he was tagged the leader. One of the two coup initiators is the author of the book "why we strike". They removed their names from the history as they initially removed bight of biafra from the map so as to lure the SW into siding the fed. govt.

2 Likes

Re: . by Cjrane2: 10:50am On Aug 20, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

Wait oo, Do you know how many years I have spent in Lagos living with the Yoruba people and you just expect me to allow this una stupid blame game against them to continue?

As if i have not lived and still live in Lagos.

YOU ARE YORUBA. All your previous posts in other threads with anti-igbo slurs reveal your identity. It isn't bad to be Yoruba and argue as one. I don't know why you lots always think Igbos will not listen to you just because you are Yoruba, so you must pretend to be Igbo. Yet, your posts give you away too many times.

I know your next move will be to create a new moniker and start pretending again. You will still be found out even if you create 2000 monikers!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by B2mario(m): 10:52am On Aug 20, 2018
nnamdijonathan:

After the civil war, Igbos have been the architects of their own passived backwardness. I just know I have passed my message, we should stop blaming Yoruba and Hausa for our problems because everybody and tribe in this country is the architect of their own backwardness or progress.
Oga how?! was it after the civil war Gowon initiated the "3Rs", the money they got from international communities was being used to open up kano, maiduguri, kaduna, jos and sokoto leaving the war affected areas. We should be thankful to God that now there is democracy at least there is partial even distribution of wealth to all zones of Nigeria although the marginalisation is still there. It is democracy that makes us to start seeing little development in SE, now you can be proud in showcasing developments in Enugu, Owerri, Abakiliki, Abia and Anambra . Before 1999 if you were not born ask people about the state of development in SS and SE, Akwa ibom state is a case study.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by B2mario(m): 11:01am On Aug 20, 2018
Develpeast:
If we can be patient and vote just APGA in all the different southeastern states both state house and federal house and national assembly. We will be able to infiltrate the political ranks through this medium. If we take over the political powers of the east, we are getting close towards getting what we want.
No it is not ideal. everybody has his choice of party and freedom of association. All Igbos belonging to the same isolated Igbo party will make everything seems clannish.
Re: . by Kokolet11: 11:03am On Aug 20, 2018
spyder880:

spyder are you the one saying this?see i am not from Ebonyi state but i can tell you that gov umahi has done more than anyother gov in south east,i hope you saw his 3 flyovers?please can you compare that to other govs?or can you compare his roads to other govs?what about the grass tunnel flyover his constructing? the same gov is building a shopping mall in Ebonyi state?or should i talk about abakaliki rice please note is not a paper rice but real rice.and umahi is about to start the 4th flyover in Abakaliki.what about the new govt house is building or you have not seen it or hear about it?and dont forget that he pays workers on 15th to 20th of every month and many other projects is doing for the last three years.umahi is the best in south east,my only problem with him and other are issue of biafria.
Re: . by Purehuman(m): 11:10am On Aug 20, 2018
B2mario:
No it is not ideal. everybody has his choice of party and freedom of association. All Igbos belonging to the same isolated Igbo party will make everything seems clannish.

What are we going to say about the north and southwest who have voted only APC governors and senators in the last election?

We shouldn't care about what people say at this point because that has been one of the reasons for our setbacks. We need to fight for ourselves first before anything.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by B2mario(m): 11:11am On Aug 20, 2018
Cjrane2:

He is Yoruba trying so hard to claim Igbo. I have always known his true identity because i read 100% of his posts here and elsewhere. There is another one that i have been reading all his posts. It might be his second moniker because they write in a similar way using similar English tenses.

I am sure he chose NnamdiJonathan from (Nnamdi Kanu) and (Goodluck Jonathan) thinking these are names Igbos must like
Same thing i thought here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by BeijinDossier: 11:13am On Aug 20, 2018
I still don't know why Abia state people always reason up-side-down. You called APGA an isolated party whereas since 1999 your state Abia is yet to have a governor except crooks in the person Orjis and now Ikpeazu who shares your state allocation and gives TA Orji 40% every months.

Who does not know that Alex Otti of APGA would have been the first gov that Abia would be proud of by now if they had not used sentiment to bring in TA Orji protege. Though Otti won the election but was rigged out then but you guys despite the underdevelopment and near dearth of roads and other basic amenities still prefer the Orjis and his boys to be running things in that forgotten state than having a technocrat in the person of Otti to turn things around. Now Abia state has become a laughing stock of the nation. No one shall rescue you guys until you people decides to rescue yourselves.

APGA is no longer begging anyone to join it's fold. I am sure Ohakim was never begged but he had to force himself on APGA. cheesy

B2mario:

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.