Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,717 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / . (3494 Views)

Edo Indigenes Who Were Killed In Accident On Return From Spain, Identified. PICS / Photos Of 8 Edo Indigenes Who Died In Fatal Accident On Return From Spain / Nigerians Deported From UK, Arrive Lagos, To Complete Their Jail In Kirikiri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Acrofab: 3:48pm On May 03, 2018
Re: . by QueenSuccubus(f): 3:52pm On May 03, 2018
What's his case? cool

1 Like

Re: . by Acrofab: 3:57pm On May 03, 2018
QueenSuccubus:
What's his case? cool
I wasn't told the exact offence he committed.
Re: . by kilojoDesigns: 4:07pm On May 03, 2018
QueenSuccubus:
What's his case? cool

Seconded
Re: . by 4reala(m): 4:08pm On May 03, 2018
Eyah, sorry. You shld have gotten more detail regarding his arrest, before coming to post this

3 Likes

Re: . by justwise(m): 7:49pm On May 03, 2018
Acrofab:
Very down since the news broke. please what do we do. is it going to be 3yrs or 1 and half yr cos I do hear that day and night counted as 2 days as I normally hear.

CC: justwise

You need to know exactly what he did first.
Re: . by lillaowow(m): 8:03pm On May 03, 2018
justwise:

You need to know exactly what he did first.

e no go pass fraud. yahoo, yahoo. Hushpuppi style. grin grin

7 Likes

Re: . by onatisi(m): 2:57pm On May 04, 2018
Acrofab:

I wasn't told the exact offence he committed.
There is nothing you can do other than to be helping him count his days in prison

1 Like

Re: . by mrphysics(m): 4:20pm On May 04, 2018
Yes, it is a year and half.

He will be deported immediately he finished serving his jail term.

The best you can do for him is to get is CV written by professionals and start helping him apply for job here in Nigeria. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: . by Acrofab: 11:31pm On May 04, 2018
I have confirmed from him, I heard its drug related though he wasn't the one but his friend cos nothing was found on him but the friend was caught red handed. the friend confessed to the police that my cousin knows nothing about it still the police insisted and that's how it led to him been convicted of the offence. please for those that knows about Spainish law,kindly let me me know if there is a way for him to be released before completion of the three yrs .

justwise
Re: . by Lucasbalo(m): 2:53am On May 05, 2018
Acrofab:
I have confirmed from him, I heard its drug related though he wasn't the one but his friend cos nothing was found on him but the friend was caught red handed. the friend confessed to the police that my cousin knows nothing about it still the police insisted and that's how it led to him been convicted of the offence. please for those that knows about Spain kindly let me me know if can there is a way for him to be released before completion of the three yrs .
There's nothing you or anyone can do once he's convicted of drug dealings. If you or anyone have the wherewithal to get him a lawyer and appeal his conviction and that's a long shot at best. The bottom line is that you do the crime, you do the time. It's not Nigeria where you will use connection or long leg to say. Hopefully, he will learn from it when he comes out of the gulag.

1 Like

Re: . by Acrofab: 4:51am On May 05, 2018
Lucasbalo:
There's nothing you or anyone can do once he's convicted of drug dealings. If you or anyone have the wherewithal to get him a lawyer and appeal his conviction and that's a long shot at best. The bottom line is that you do the crime, you do the time. It's not Nigeria where you will use connection or long leg to say. Hopefully, he will learn from it when he comes out of the gulag.
he hired a lawyer and even appealed the case still nothing positive happened. my question is , is he going to spend the whole 3 years in jail or will it be a year and half?
Re: . by Lucasbalo(m): 5:39am On May 05, 2018
Acrofab:

he hired a lawyer and even appealed the case still nothing positive happened. my question is , is he going to spend the whole 3 years in jail or will it be a year and half?
Probably spend half or a little over half in jail if he behaves well in jail. It's the way western jurisprudence works noting that Western jail is suppose to be reformatory.

1 Like

Re: . by Acrofab: 7:23am On May 05, 2018
Lucasbalo:
Probably spend half or a little over half in jail if he behaves well in jail. It's the way western jurisprudence works noting that Western jail is suppose to be reformatory.
Thanks for your response. am a little bit relieved now cos I have been sleepless all these while.
Re: . by doubletroublmum(f): 10:19am On May 05, 2018
As far as I know from Germany, you can be released from prison after half the time of your sentence if u behave well.

But usually deportation follows immediately back home, so he will be transferred to Nigeria. If he gets back to Europe without permission later, they can arrest him again to finish his sentence.

2 Likes

Re: . by topsyking: 10:48am On May 05, 2018
If he had kids with an european woman, they wont deport him.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:54am On May 05, 2018
Nigerias do not have respect for one's image and reputation.

What is Hushpupi style for God's sake?

Do you think he would be spending that much money and showing it off with out being investigated? Or his account looked into?

Wetin dey worry Nigerians sef?

Everyone can't be broke. The fact that your parents failed and you too, doesn't mean everyone has to. And yes, you can be very rich without involving yourself in crime.

lillaowow:

e no go pass fraud. yahoo, yahoo. Hushpuppi style. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: . by Agbaletu: 11:02am On May 05, 2018
Malcolm101:

Do you think he would be spending that much money and showing it off with out being investigated? Or his account looked into?

Everyone can't be broke. The fact that your parents failed and you too, doesn't mean everyone has to. And yes, you can be very rich without involving yourself in crime.

You just took those words from my mouth.
A lot is wrong with some Nigerians.
Re: . by justwise(m): 12:57pm On May 05, 2018
Acrofab:
I have confirmed from him, I heard its drug related though he wasn't the one but his friend cos nothing was found on him but the friend was caught red handed. the friend confessed to the police that my cousin knows nothing about it still the police insisted and that's how it led to him been convicted of the offence. please for those that knows about Spainish law,kindly let me me know if there is a way for him to be released before completion of the three yrs .

justwise

Acrofab:

Like many have said here there is nothing you can do about it since lawyer was involved and he still went to jail.

Just pray that his good behavior in prison earns him early release.
Re: . by Acrofab: 2:05pm On May 05, 2018
justwise:

Like many have said here there is nothing you can do about it since lawyer was involved and he still went to jail.

Just pray that his good behavior in prison earns him early release.
Thanks so much. hope he wont be deported after serving the jail.
Re: . by HeWrites(m): 2:54pm On May 05, 2018
Malcolm101:

You're very BRUTAL.

I bow for you grin

2 Likes

Re: . by justwise(m): 3:38pm On May 05, 2018
Acrofab:

Thanks so much. hope he wont be deported after serving the jail.

What is his status in Spain?
Re: . by Acrofab: 4:24pm On May 05, 2018
justwise:

What is his status in Spain?
he already has his paper
Re: . by justwise(m): 9:21pm On May 05, 2018
Acrofab:

he already has his paper

If he is a permanent resident then deporting him will be very very difficult but he will struggle to get a job because of his criminal record
Re: . by Acrofab: 10:23pm On May 05, 2018
justwise:

If he is a permanent resident then deporting him will be very very difficult but he will struggle to get a job because of his criminal record
.OK thanks
Re: . by partnerbiz4: 10:12am On May 06, 2018
Lucasbalo:

On what authority do you say that he will spend probably half of the 3 years please?
That is just a myth.

3 years is 3 years and there is nothing like day and night being counted separately.

The only thing is that he may be released before time if he is of good behaviour.

1 Like

Re: . by lillaowow(m): 5:13pm On Jul 03, 2018
Yahoo Yahoo people. grin grin

E go spend full 3years or even more. Dem go deport am join after.

"No be him carry drug, na him friend". Nonsense talk

Him no know say him friend dey do drugs?.
Dem dey spend money, dey ball together, dey do crime together but him no know.
Silly excuse. Una think say we be pikin for here.

Na that jail him go die. grin grin. All of una wey dey soil Naija image, na jail una go kpeme.

Malcolm101:

Re: . by talk2tosep(m): 3:44am On Jul 04, 2018
i admire people with exceptional thinking...
Malcolm101:

(1) (Reply)

Has Anyone Gotten A Police Criminal Check From The Nigerian Embassy in London? / How Do I Get Work Visa To Uk? / Visa To Oman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.