|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,401,685 members, 5,373,200 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 January 2020 at 12:05 AM
|Architects Needed by munky(m): 10:49pm On May 05, 2018|
The Interior Architect will work on any/all phases of development including Pre-Design, Schematic Design, Design Development, Furniture Design, Construction Documents and Construction Administration. To report to the Project Manager and CEO on tasks and deliverables and work directly with him/her to ensure the facilitation of a project’s completion; on-time, within budget, and meets company quality standards.
Main Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Ensuring that all drawings and construction meet industry standard
• Maintaining a daily task list for assigned projects, discussing time allotments, schedules, and delegations.
• Regularly follow trends in Architecture and Interior Design so that own work and ideas are of an ‘International’ caliber as well as sophistication level.
• Assisting project teams to ensure delays are adequately documented
• Reviewing shop drawings and samples to ensure drawings and finishes match company specifications.
• Prepare cut list and ensure that all drawings are forwarded to the production team.
• Checking 3D and also ensuring that technical dimensions of the site are measured correctly.
• Ensure that 3-D drawings and designs effectively make use of the available space for the project.
• Ensure that all drawings and plans are developed according to the space available for the project.
• Liaise with other Architects effectively such that there is harmony between drawings and site work on all projects.
• Maintain regular contact with the production team and ensure that drawings are available for each component of a project.
Typical work activities
As an Interior Architect, you will be involved in the following:
• Conducting pre-bid and pre-construction site visits
• Conducting technical reviews and evaluate project solicitations, proposals, and proposed change requests
• Reviewing shop drawings and submittals
• Notice variations in cost and effectively communicate with project manager
• Liaise with the Project Manager to identify any risks on site and synchronize the drawings with the space provided on site.
• Monitor site works and also ensure that deadlines are met.
Skills and qualifications
• At least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school in architecture, or interior design and subject matter expertise of a minimum of 1 year of experience in design and space planning of commercial or governmental interior or construction projects.
• Demonstrated experience interacting with personnel (Government and Contractor) at all levels in hierarchy
• Demonstrated experience communicating (written and oral) well with all levels of audiences using clear and concise language
• Microsoft Office Suite and software packages
• Ability to handle multiple, demanding, and complex projects in a timely manner with accurate results
• Must possess a well-developed eye for scale and balance, designing elements that ‘fit’ the space for maximum impact.
Please send CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates who live in the Alimosho Axis of Lagos are preferred.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30