Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Are You An Advanced Software Developer? Pls Lets Talk Business - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Are You An Advanced Software Developer? Pls Lets Talk Business (855 Views)

Interview Questions For A Software Developer ! / What Makes A Good Software Developer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You An Advanced Software Developer? Pls Lets Talk Business by 4thsense: 2:33pm On May 23, 2010
A group need an advanced software developer that can develop sophisticated accounting and enterprise process applications (ERP) that can stand toe-to-toe with foreign products like Tally and Sage-Peachtree etc.

If you are one, you must be ready to show a profile/practical demo of your products and skills. PLEASE IF YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED, DO NOT DISTURB THIS THREAD!!!
Re: Are You An Advanced Software Developer? Pls Lets Talk Business by FMK(m): 6:23am On May 24, 2010
i Can do this Job but  the demo  i have  got  20 MB  is too heavy to attach it
Re: Are You An Advanced Software Developer? Pls Lets Talk Business by dellnet: 12:30pm On May 24, 2010
is this a pay as you go, postpaid or what kind of job. IMHO who is taking the risk to get the project going?
Re: Are You An Advanced Software Developer? Pls Lets Talk Business by 4thsense: 3:15pm On May 24, 2010
@ FMK, are you in Nigeria? We are Lagos based, we can schedule a meeting with you at a convenient place.

@ dell_net, Your speculations are not necessary, this is subject to discussions, lets hear from you if you have the qualifications.
Re: Are You An Advanced Software Developer? Pls Lets Talk Business by FMK(m): 3:43pm On May 24, 2010
Unfortunatly i am in Angola but if you need an advanced software according to what you mentioned and if you are reliable persons i can do this Job and ship it i think you got a model about what you need but for accounting Management you should need the following Function

Account Payable
Account Receivable
Cost Center
Profit Center
General Ledger account for Cost Control
General Ledger Account for Profit Control
Puchase Order for consumable and others
Petty cash Control

in Human Resources

Payroll
Salary band recording
Personal information Recording (ID)
etc,

Other functions can be added according to your kind of business that we call specific functions what i mentioned are general functions for accounting Management
Advise
Re: Are You An Advanced Software Developer? Pls Lets Talk Business by 4thsense: 6:20pm On May 24, 2010
@ FMK, Do you have anyone that can represent you well in Nigeria who we can meet with? We are already talking with some people, but we want the best skills and someone reliable too.

Again we can start this way, Kindly mail me your profile with detailed features of your your previous similar products, along with some images of the interface.

We can send you some information on the detailed features we want and some other quality specifications if we like your profile.

Cheers.
Re: Are You An Advanced Software Developer? Pls Lets Talk Business by dellnet: 4:43am On May 25, 2010
I fall into the same shoe with FMK I am not based in Nigeria. However, I do a lot of freelancing work for people all over the world but the risk is on them. In your case I want to know if you can guarantee payment and how. I have done work for an individual that has not done his homework, I have done work for a company that the state government does not want to pay. Skill is no issue to me as I have been called several times to fix the work of the so called gurus. I have been programming for more than 5 years now. If it is a freelance job then I am interested if you are looking for someone to hire then I am not interested.
Re: Are You An Advanced Software Developer? Pls Lets Talk Business by FMK(m): 6:58pm On May 25, 2010
just give me one week to see if i can send you the interface and i need to know what your business for
Re: Are You An Advanced Software Developer? Pls Lets Talk Business by 4thsense: 2:14pm On May 27, 2010
Ok FMK. waiting. We are talking with some others at the moment, though we are not in a hurry to make our decision.

@ dell. net, filtering your response, the main challenge may be the distance. We are not necessarily looking for whom to hire, we can share a sort of partnership if you are the Wiz we are looking for. Can you send us something we can look at?

Cheers.
Re: Are You An Advanced Software Developer? Pls Lets Talk Business by Afam(m): 3:15pm On May 27, 2010
Sounds interesting. Can handle any software project regardless of complexity or level of sophistication.

Seems it's going to be a tough one determining a developer to choose because there is usually a disconnect between what people or even organizations promise and what they deliver especially after payments are effected.

Good luck though as I don't do free demos even though there is nothing you want set up that I cannot handle in a matter of weeks not months.
Re: Are You An Advanced Software Developer? Pls Lets Talk Business by 4thsense: 3:33pm On May 27, 2010
Hi Afam,

I missed your drift. To be constructive, what problem do you have with doing a demo? It contrasts with your statement that there is a disparity with what people promise and the eventual delivery which necessitates the demo.

Again are you just passing-by or do you want in?
Re: Are You An Advanced Software Developer? Pls Lets Talk Business by Afam(m): 3:41pm On May 27, 2010
4thsense:

Hi Afam,

I missed your drift. To be constructive, what problem do you have with doing a demo? It contrasts with your statement that there is a disparity with what people promise and the eventual delivery which necessitates the demo.

Again are you just passing-by or do you want in?

A demo usually closely relates with the final project especially for programming/database related projects otherwise you cannot test the required functionality.

With the above in mind, doing a free demo will most likely result in wasting one's time or spending quality time unwisely.

I know that some clients usually get say 2 or more people to present demos and then look for any cheap developer to implement based on all the positives he sees on the individual developer's demo.

So, when it comes to programming time is money and that is why professional programmers charge by the hour and why programming based projects usually cost more to develop than others.

See this if you have the time to better understand my position - http://afamnnaji.com/articles/article_detail.php?id=67&cid=10

As regards your project proper, my terms are close to rigid and unless you will agree with them I cannot work on your project.

I maintain the highest level of professional integrity in business, very knowledgeable with the right skill set and I charge well for projects I handle because I deliver them according to specifications and within specified time frame and agreed cost.
Re: Are You An Advanced Software Developer? Pls Lets Talk Business by 4thsense: 4:12pm On May 27, 2010
Interesting Afam,

But I don't think anyone makes a demo that lets out all the details and features of such a sophisticated work, the idea is to get people that not only can deliver, but have done something similar to close the communication and expectation gaps.

If you have an alternative way(s) of proving your skill, let us know.

You seem to base in Lagos, send me your phone number via the e.mail I provided if you are interested in meeting with us.

Cheers.
Re: Are You An Advanced Software Developer? Pls Lets Talk Business by Afam(m): 4:32pm On May 27, 2010
4thsense:

Interesting Afam,

But I don't think anyone makes a demo that lets out all the details and features of such a sophisticated work, the idea is to get people that not only can deliver, but have done something similar to close the communication and expectation gaps.

If you have an alternative way(s) of proving your skill, let us know.

You seem to base in Lagos, send me your phone number via the e.mail I provided if you are interested in meeting with us.

Cheers.

At least you agree that the demo should be close to the actual thing as long as functionality will be tested. Mind you my position is against free demos not doing demos entirely because I have been paid to do demos in the past because I made them to understand that the issue here is time. Put differently, I do demos when requested as long as they are paid for.

I am of the opinion that providing links to existing projects (ones without any confidentiality issues) would suffice.

My contact details are on the web - 08023519492 or afam@justwebservices.com

My office is at No 89 Allen Avenue, Ikeja and I am usually in the office between 8.00am and 4.00pm week days, don't work weekends and public holidays.

All that is required is a clear list of features, functionality and process flow to avoid unnecessary scope growth that would naturally attract costs that may not have been budgeted for. So, getting the specifications right and list of deliverables clear enough for everyone will help a great deal.

Hope this helps.

(1) (Reply)

There Are Many Programing Language Can Anyone Help With Any Of The High Level Language Compiler? / It Expert - Relocation To Nigeria? / I Need A Code From You Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.