Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,731 members, 7,844,404 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Webmaster Please Clarify This Issues - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webmaster Please Clarify This Issues (645 Views)

All Webmaster Please Assist / To All Ma Fellow Webmaster, Please Urgent Help Is Need From You / Web4africa: Reseller Host, Who Else Is Having This Issues? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Webmaster Please Clarify This Issues by Nobody: 8:27am On May 25, 2010
Is it true that i can't host my domains with two different hosting company. What i mean is this if i host with a web hosting company and i don't like their service is true that i can't use another hosting until after 6 months. pls clarify this webmaster in the house
Re: Webmaster Please Clarify This Issues by canachy(m): 10:23am On May 26, 2010
feyisara:

Is it true that i can't host my domains with two different hosting company. What i mean is this if i host with a  web hosting company  and i don't like their service is true that i can't use another hosting until after 6 months. pls clarify this webmaster in the house

If you registered a domain newly, you may not be able to transfer it until after some months have elapsed; depending on the host (eg godaddy allows 60days - I think this is ICANN wait period).

However, this does not stop you from changing host: All you need to do is to change your domain DNS record (or have your registrar/Host do that for you) to point to the IP address of your (newly chosen) Host Server.
Re: Webmaster Please Clarify This Issues by qst: 5:53pm On May 27, 2010
Of course you can change your web host even if it is the same web host that you registgered your domain name with.
There are three things:
1. Your client account which you log in to using your email address and password you used to sign up.
2. My Domains: the section of your client portal where the domain details of you registered domain name reside. This is where you will change your web host details. In this place, just click on the icon with the screen tip "view details" to see the listed nameservers (ns1.yourwebhost.com, ns2.yourwebhost.com or as otherwise stated). All you simply do is change the nameservers to those provided by your new web host. For example, if you buy a web hosting package from let's say www.hostlandafrica.com (the name of my firm's web hosting enterprise), after signing up, you will need to change the nameservers to ns1.hostlandafrica.com and ns2.hostlandafrica.com and that's it!
In case you need my assistance further, send a mail to info[at]qestinfosystems.com OR why not try out www.hostlandafrica.com for a change. You will get a personalised treatment. Be assured.
Re: Webmaster Please Clarify This Issues by bros1234(m): 10:43pm On May 27, 2010
Feyi, I'm sure you know the answer to what you asked because I know you personally.

Anyway for readers, you cannot have your domain with two hosts at the same time, but you can change nameservers any time.

Feyi, how's business. You no dey gree call me again. I just checked your site, the links are not yet set, right? Check mine and let me have your opinion - www.wazohost.com

(1) (Reply)

Alternator Booster - Ironing Device. / I Need A Detailed Book Or Video Tutorial On Joomla / How Can I Bookmark A Passworded Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.