Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,254 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Android Developers Group - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Android Developers Group (2548 Views)

Android Developers Drop Your Published Apps Here / Are There Good Android Developers On Nairaland? / Kotlin For Android Developers By Antonio Leiva" Ebook(pdf). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Developers Group by NaHiim: 10:30am On May 26, 2018
The goal of this thread is for Android Developers to share knowledge, ask and answer questions and help one another to overcome challenges based on Android Development only.

This is open to all Android developers from novice to professionals.

No bullying please.
Re: Android Developers Group by NaHiim: 10:44am On May 26, 2018
Let me open the floor with a challenge I'm currently facing.

How do I manually add a *.jar file to my android project?
Re: Android Developers Group by NaHiim: 8:08pm On May 28, 2018
Re: Android Developers Group by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 28, 2018
NaHiim:
Let me open the floor with a challenge I'm currently facing.

How do I manually add a *.jar file to my android project?

Not an Android dev o, but since Android uses Gradle, you should import the dependency in your gradle file, just as you would with maven
Re: Android Developers Group by NaHiim: 10:32pm On May 29, 2018
pcguru1:

Not an Android dev o, but since Android uses Gradle, you should import the dependency in your gradle file, just as you would with maven

Thanks for the enlightenment. I've figured it out.
Re: Android Developers Group by NaHiim: 10:41pm On May 29, 2018
House,
Please I need enlightenment on this:

testCompile 'junit:junit:4.12'

I saw it being added to the dependency block in gradle file of an open source project.

Anybody?
Re: Android Developers Group by DoubleAsam: 12:25am On May 30, 2018
Lets create a Watsapp group.
Re: Android Developers Group by Lilusm: 1:07pm On May 30, 2018
I can recommend a useful resource for novice developers https://wikiext.com/. Here you can learn more about the expansion of any file and how to open it.
Re: Android Developers Group by NaHiim: 6:54am On May 31, 2018
Lilusm:
I can recommend a useful resource for novice developers https://wikiext.com/. Here you can learn more about the expansion of any file and how to open it.

Thanks but that is not what I'm talking about
Re: Android Developers Group by NaHiim: 6:58am On May 31, 2018
DoubleAsam:

OK. I think that's a good idea. May be we should vote then.

We don't even know if any developer is really digging this thread. So if you're with us, kindly signify.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Android Developers Group by SetrakusRa(m): 7:46am On May 31, 2018
wink
Re: Android Developers Group by temiidayo: 11:59pm On May 31, 2018
Am a novice and am just learning it will be nice to learn from the gurus in the house so I support creating a Whatsapp group.thanks
Re: Android Developers Group by NaHiim: 7:42am On Jun 02, 2018
SetrakusRa:
wink

DoubleAsam:

temiidayo:
Am a novice and am just learning it will be nice to learn from the gurus in the house so I support creating a Whatsapp group.thanks

I think we should make do with nairaland for now guys, as the number of feedbacks are not even encouraging.

But let's not let the morale just die down like that na. Questions, ideas or even knowledge anyone might wanna share.

The gurus can even share links to their apps for us to check them out and we can ask questions concerning it.
Re: Android Developers Group by cyan2008(m): 11:08am On Jun 12, 2018
I am completely new to Android but I have a handful knowledge about HTML and CSS.
Is Android project possible for me, and how do I get started?
Chat me on 07062239482
Thanks
Re: Android Developers Group by Darkseid(m): 11:57am On Jun 13, 2018
Can anyone recommendany good book for a beginner.
Re: Android Developers Group by Mikeblize: 6:22am On Jun 14, 2018
Darkseid:
Can anyone recommendany good book for a beginner.
The latest Publication of Head First Java and Head First Android will help you
Re: Android Developers Group by Darkseid(m): 9:05am On Jun 14, 2018
Mikeblize:

The latest Publication of Head First Java and Head First Android will help you
Thank you very much.
Re: Android Developers Group by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 14, 2018
NaHiim:

I think we should make do with nairaland for now guys, as the number of feedbacks are not even encouraging.

But let's not let the morale just die down like that na. Questions, ideas or even knowledge anyone might wanna share.

The gurus can even share links to their apps for us to check them out and we can ask questions concerning it.

Am not new to Android Dev, but trying to get back to it, what very good tutorial can one read to build Custom Controls and UX, i realized alot of apps developed here (Nigerian especially banks) have ugly Ui except some few, I have some ideas to toy out and also inspired to build UI like this.

Re: Android Developers Group by tollyboy5(m): 6:07pm On Jun 16, 2018
the issue is Nigerians are just delving into tech this days so not much developers. that's why a WhatsApp GRP with nairaland will keep learners and expert alive. I'm programming in c++/c and I'll like to learn android programming. so I'll follow the thread
Re: Android Developers Group by NaHiim: 3:48am On Feb 18, 2019
check out my newly release game on play store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xploore.coronawars

please review and rate it

Re: Android Developers Group by NaHiim: 6:01pm On Feb 25, 2019
Since some suggested whatsapp group chat, android developers interested should please kindly signify so I'll know if to create the group or not

From novices to gurus anyone interested?
Re: Android Developers Group by kwhiz(m): 10:05pm On Feb 25, 2019
NaHiim:
Since some suggested whatsapp group chat, android developers interested should please kindly signify so I'll know if to create the group or not

From novices to gurus anyone interested?
☝�

(1) (Reply)

I Dared Two Expert Hackers To Destroy My Life. Here’s What Happened - Kevin Roos / Javac Welcome1.java Could Not Compile The Application I Wrote,please Help. / Storing K largest numbers from a stream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.