Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,607 members, 7,955,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:16 PM

Who Is Telling The Truth? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Telling The Truth? (1022 Views)

Anybody Saying That Chibok Girls Will Is Telling Lies - Obasanjo / FG Telling Lies, Dokpesi Got Money For Media Project, Not Arms – Family / Few Hours To Election, Read What Buhari Is Telling Jonathan To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Telling The Truth? by Mamajama(m): 3:02am On Mar 20, 2007
Please people take a moment to read this story I honestly think our president is corrupt
Otunba Johnson Fasawe yesterday said at a point when the controversial Mofas account, owned by him but used for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) election slush fund was going red, President Olusegun Obasanjo personally gave him the sum of N700 million so he could resolve problems with the bank.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=73370
Re: Who Is Telling The Truth? by Nobody: 3:48am On Mar 20, 2007
Are we all stupid or what?. . .How can the Vice be corrupt and the President clean? What sort of world is that?

Lest we forget, the Vice President actually has no real powers. All he gets is what the president hands down to him so if for some reason, he is siphoning funds, the president definitely knows all about it.
Re: Who Is Telling The Truth? by Afam(m): 10:23am On Mar 20, 2007
Donzman:

Are we all stupid or what?. . .How can the Vice be corrupt and the President clean? What sort of world is that?

Lest we forget, the Vice President actually has no real powers. All he gets is what the president hands down to him so if for some reason, he is siphoning funds, the president definitely knows all about it.

I don't think so.

Atiku was the head of the economic team and was in charge of the privatization of almost all the government controlled companies.

Now, someone like that sure does have powers to make deals, loot funds and sell companies to friends and relations.
Re: Who Is Telling The Truth? by 4Play(m): 10:45am On Mar 20, 2007
Afam:

I don't think so.

Atiku was the head of the economic team and was in charge of the privatization of almost all the government controlled companies.

Now, someone like that sure does have powers to make deals, loot funds and sell companies to friends and relations.

Any powers he has is such that the President delegates to him.These powers you outlined where exercised at the behest of the President.
Re: Who Is Telling The Truth? by dblock(m): 11:01am On Mar 20, 2007
I hate to express my hatred for Atiku once again but, if OBJ exposed Atiku and Atiku is getting all the punches, it would indeed mean that OBJ must have knew about it and should be investigated but it most certainly and I repeat, most certainly would definitely not mean that Atiku should be allowed to contest.
Re: Who Is Telling The Truth? by Afam(m): 11:51am On Mar 20, 2007
4 Play:

Any powers he has is such that the President delegates to him.These powers you outlined where exercised at the behest of the President.

The originator of this thread is creating the impression that Atiku cannot loot without the knowledge of the president and it is wrong unless we are being told that every single step of Atiku was being recorded while overseeing the privatization process.

I have not stated that Atiku can take on issues or tasks without the tasks being delegated to him by the president, the point is that based on all tasks he had been given by the president he can (and indeed looted) make deals, loot funds without the express knowledge of the president.
Re: Who Is Telling The Truth? by 4Play(m): 12:18pm On Mar 20, 2007
@Afam

Can you imagine anywhere in the world where a Vice-President can be "indicted" for corruption and the President simply claims ignorance?

If you delegate some of your powers to your deputy,isn't fair to question the President's role in any abuse of such powers?

Had Atiku had no political ambitions,would we know of these things?
Re: Who Is Telling The Truth? by Afam(m): 12:33pm On Mar 20, 2007
@4Play,

Sometimes, even mama no know wetin pikin wey she carry for her back dey do talk less of these 2 important and busy men over seeing the affairs of a great nation like Naija.

Even in small organisations, junior managers have been known to commit frauds that the ogas never knew anything about.
Re: Who Is Telling The Truth? by PeeDaVinci: 2:05pm On Mar 20, 2007
What I see in fasawe's testimony is that he knew he is going down, and he wants to pull the person sending hime down (Obj) with him, and not his accomplice in the crime(Atiku)
Dont get me wrong, Obj's hand is not clean too, but fasewe will prefer to implicate him based on that rather than atiku
Re: Who Is Telling The Truth? by adconline(m): 3:52pm On Mar 20, 2007
@Afam

Atiku was the head of the economic team and was in charge of the privatization of almost all the government controlled companies

Didn't OBJ have the power to rescind any decision  made by Atiku that was not in the best public interest of Nigeria? Didn't OBJ have El Rufai as head of BPE who never raised an eye brow on Atiku's dealings? If EL Rufai never complanied and OBJ sanctioned his son Gbenga for  calling Atiku corrupt, then OBJ is also culpable and so is Rufai.
Re: Who Is Telling The Truth? by Afam(m): 4:04pm On Mar 20, 2007
I will be the last person on planet earth to state that OBJ is not corrupt as that would be a lie.

The issue I am pointing out is that Atiku could (and infact did) get involved in so many deals without the knowledge or permission of OBJ.
Re: Who Is Telling The Truth? by McKren(m): 5:15pm On Mar 20, 2007
Whoever thinks they hate OBJ, he is a dictator for that Atiku should be supported is simply being naive as that will not remove an inch from the the person of OBJ. Dont be decieved most of our elite politicians ganging up against the President are those who benefited a lot between 1999-2003 when Atiku was the de-facto President of Nigeria. The think of those days and fantasize what an Atiku Presidency will be all about and it translates into pouring venom at OBJ.

The point is what will be the faith of due process and anti-corruption under an Atiku presidency. Who will feel the impact of bad government in the next dispensation?? OBJ or Nigerians

the answer to that question is entirely up to us to determine.
Re: Who Is Telling The Truth? by mazaje(m): 5:42pm On Mar 20, 2007
Both of them have lied and both of them need to be sanctioned.Atiku and OBJ all need to go to jail after may 29th.
Re: Who Is Telling The Truth? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 20, 2007
Afam:

I will be the last person on planet earth to state that OBJ is not corrupt as that would be a lie.

The issue I am pointing out is that Atiku could (and infact did) get involved in so many deals without the knowledge or permission of OBJ.

If he does that within his position as VP, then OBJ is incompetent and cannot control his subordinates.
Re: Who Is Telling The Truth? by Afam(m): 9:40am On Mar 21, 2007
Donzman:

If he does that within his position as VP, then OBJ is incompetent and cannot control his subordinates.

OBJ cannot be held responsible for dirty games the VP may have been involved in if he was not aware and there is a limit to what people can know even if they deployed the best spy agencies in the world.

Unless ofcourse your post is just to show that OBJ must be guilty at all cost regardless of the reasons.
Re: Who Is Telling The Truth? by feelgood(m): 1:45pm On Mar 21, 2007
Too true, dblock.
@all
between Obj and Atiku, neither is telling the truth. Both are corrupt and BOTH should go. Obj has said he would leave come May 29, but Atiku wants to continue - and that's the problem. If only Atiku agrees to retire then all the acrimony and arguments will stop and we can go back to picking the pieces of what is left of our lives and carry on, but no, Atiku is not finished yet until he impoverishes Nigeria. And we cannot allow that. TO KEEP ATIKU OUT OF ASO ROCK IS A TASK THAT MUST BE DONE.
Nairalanders, that in my opinion is the issue. Also, is it not about time we have graduates at the helm of affairs? Is it not time enough for the 'simpletons' in power?
Atiku must be stopped - his supposed turnaround to democratic ideals Shouldnt fool discerning minds; his political associates ( Audu Ogbeh, Tom Ikimi, Tinubu et al) give one the jitters when you consider their antecedents.
I feel for Buhari - he is surrounded by sharks and dogs of war; they simply wont let him operate. Back to my point: NO TO ATIKU!
Re: Who Is Telling The Truth? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 21, 2007
Afam:

OBJ cannot be held responsible for dirty games the VP may have been involved in if he was not aware and there is a limit to what people can know even if they deployed the best spy agencies in the world.

Unless ofcourse your post is just to show that OBJ must be guilty at all cost regardless of the reasons.

The amount of money being alleged to be siphoned by Atiku is way more than "dirty games". Every power Atiku has, is being delegated to him by OBJ and if OBJ does not monitor how Atiku wields that power, then OBJ is incompetent. I fail to believe that he is incompetent, he knew what was going on and was party to it.

True to talk, the PTDF investigation exposed it all.
Re: Who Is Telling The Truth? by abdkabir(m): 12:43am On Mar 22, 2007
If u want believe if u want don't!

OBJ and ATIKU are corrupt . OBJ doesnt want ATIKU for crap of selfish reasons.
Re: Who Is Telling The Truth? by McDoe(m): 2:25pm On Mar 22, 2007
In all honesty, these guys (so-called leaders) cannot tell us the truth. They were in one cult before the bubble bursted. Their oath of secrecy is still intact. What they are doing is mere fooling Nigerians. Until the oath is broken, they will continue to drive us in a 360 degree circle. But somehow, I am forced to believe Atiku than Obasanjo.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Who Is Telling The Truth? by Johnny(m): 2:34pm On Mar 22, 2007

This is true. Atiku, as the VP, has his own power, and it's not everything he does or did that the President gets or got wind of. But one thing that has kept me puzzuled in this saga is that, if the President actually misappropriated the PTDF fund as being alleged by Atiku, would he have started the whole bruhaha knowing fully well that his hands are not cleaned? An insane person wouldn't take such a risk. There is more to this case than meet the eye.
Re: Who Is Telling The Truth? by angel101(f): 4:18pm On Mar 22, 2007
Donzman:

i totally agree. afterall we all know that in the work place, as a superior u are responsible for ur subordinates performance wether good or bad. i bet OBJ and his supporters would be singing a different tune if Atiku had actually done well.
Re: Who Is Telling The Truth? by Afam(m): 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2007
angel101:

i totally agree. afterall we all know that in the work place, as a superior u are responsible for your subordinates performance wether good or bad. i bet OBJ and his supporters would be singing a different tune if Atiku had actually done well.

So if your surbodinate commits murder in the work place as the superior does it also mean that you can be charged for the murder since by your own understanding the superior/supervisor should be liable for actions of his/her surbodinates?

(1) (Reply)

Senate Recess, A Political Recess Under Preasure / President Without An Election / My Proposal: Election (postponed); Buhari (president), Utomi (vp)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.