Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,926 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:38 AM

Start learning Website development(HTML5,CSS3,JavaScript and PHP) on Nairaland. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Start learning Website development(HTML5,CSS3,JavaScript and PHP) on Nairaland. (728 Views)

Css3 Tutorial / Live Coding - Learn Website Development With HTML5, CSS3 & Bootstrap / How To Create An E-learning Website In HTML, CSS,PHP And Mysql (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Start learning Website development(HTML5,CSS3,JavaScript and PHP) on Nairaland. by Herylovecoding: 2:55pm On Jun 05, 2018
Hi.I will be posting some sets of information on HTML5 from now on.These information will be posted continously and in intervals on both nairaland and on my Whatsapp web development group. CSS3 will be discussed after the completion of the HTML tutorial,followed by by JavaScript and PHP.
I also have a whatsapp group for learning website development.You can join the group by dropping or commenting your number
The purpose of doing this is to try and make impact generally and not be selfish.Therefore you can
either follown my tutorials on one or both of the platforms(Nairaland and Whatsapp).
We will get started soon.
Stay alert.
Thank you all.

Re: Start learning Website development(HTML5,CSS3,JavaScript and PHP) on Nairaland. by Herylovecoding: 3:22pm On Jun 05, 2018
What is HTML
The full meaning of HTML is HyperText Markup Language. HyperText means a text that can be read and understood by a machine. Markup means to layout a text in a specific or definite format. It is a language of the web. The primary purpose of creating HTML is to create, structure web pages and also create web applications. HTML is called a Markup Language because it is a language for creating,processing, presenting, structuring, organizing and improving/adjusting text,link text,images etc
Re: Start learning Website development(HTML5,CSS3,JavaScript and PHP) on Nairaland. by Herylovecoding: 3:30pm On Jun 05, 2018
Importance of HTML.
Creation of web pages: HTML is used along with CSS and Javascript to create beautiful web pages. Lots of web pages on the Internet are written in HTML. </ul><ul>Creation of web application. According to Wikipedia, web application or web app is a client-server software application in which the client (or user interface) runs in a web browser. A web application is browser-based. It is a client-server software application.</ul><ul> 3 Structuring of content: The major purpose of creating HTML is to structure web content. HTML is used for structuring contents on the Internet. It can be used to give paragraph to a text and layout a text.</ul><ul> Styling: HTML can be used to add style to a text such as making a text bold, giving color to a text, underlining a text etc.
Re: Start learning Website development(HTML5,CSS3,JavaScript and PHP) on Nairaland. by Herylovecoding: 3:32pm On Jun 05, 2018
HTML terms
HTML tags:The peculiar characteristics of HTML is that they all have opening tag. Majority of the opening tag must be closed after coding by the closing tag. The symbol of the opening tag is <> while that of the closing tag is </> , so the only difference between the opening tag and the closing tag is a forward slash(/).
Please note that there must be text or texts inside the opening symbol and closing tag symbol for it to be functional.
The following are few examples of HTML tags:

Opening tag- <b>
Closing tag - </b>
Opening tag - <p>
Closing tag - </p>
Opening tag - <I>
Closing tag - </I>
Opening tag - <a>
Closing tag - </a>
Etc.
HTML tags can be nested within each other. Examples of HTML tags nesting will be shown as we proceed. Don't be bothered if you are yet to understand it fully. You will surely understand it when we start applying it and seeing results

Note:More HTML tags will be discussed as we proceed

HTML elements: Majority of HTML elements comprises of an opening tag which may contain HTML attributes, texts and a closing tag. Examples of HTML elements are:
<p> I like coding</p>
<b>You should always act boldly</b>
<i>I like HTML 5</i>
It is therefore seen from the three examples above that HTML elements can start with an opening tag followed by texts and a closing tag. Note that some tags does not need to be closed during usage. Examples are input (<input>wink, line break<br>
) and link tag(<link>wink
There are others that does not need a closing tag.
Therefore according to the previous example we only write <input>, <br> and <link>
Re: Start learning Website development(HTML5,CSS3,JavaScript and PHP) on Nairaland. by Herylovecoding: 3:36pm On Jun 05, 2018
HTML editors.
HTML editors are tools that are used to write, edit and run HTML codes. You also need web browsers like Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera Mini or Safari to view the results of your code. Any of the aforementioned web browser can be used. HTML editors can be classified into online HTML editors and HTML software editors which are available for operating system, Linux and Mac OS X. You can also get get editors for Android but they are few and may not be free. They are also less efficient. Below is a list of online HTML editors and software editors. Online HTML editors:

Htmledit.squarefree.com

Jsbin.com

Thimble.mozilla.org

Jsfiddle.net etc

I often use Htmledit.squarefree.com when coding HTML online but it’s major disadvantage is that it’s impossible to save your codes. Jsbin.com

is a preferable one, perhaps you don’t encounter difficulty in registering an account. You can use thimble.mozilla.org if you find it duffufficukm

if you are unable to register an account on jsbin.com

. Jsfiddle.net

is also an option or you can google search for other online HTML editors. HTML software editors All platforms Brackets. Download atbrackets.io

LightTable Download at lighttable.com

Bluefish Download at bluefish.openoffice.nl/index.html

Atom Download at atom.io

Windows operating system Codelobster download at Codelobster.com

Notepad ++ download at notepad-plus-plus.org

Mac operating system Textwrangler download at barebones.com/products/textwrlnux operating system Geany download at geany.org

gedit download at wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Gedit
Re: Start learning Website development(HTML5,CSS3,JavaScript and PHP) on Nairaland. by ediko5(m): 9:26pm On Jun 05, 2018
Nice on Herylovecoding

If you reside in Port Harcourt and you are a web programmer or have a strong passion for web programming. Check my signature
Re: Start learning Website development(HTML5,CSS3,JavaScript and PHP) on Nairaland. by united442(m): 3:49am On Jun 10, 2018
add me 07039566435
Re: Start learning Website development(HTML5,CSS3,JavaScript and PHP) on Nairaland. by digital2018: 6:12am On Jun 10, 2018
Re: Start learning Website development(HTML5,CSS3,JavaScript and PHP) on Nairaland. by Herylovecoding: 7:28pm On Dec 07, 2018
@ediko5, I don't reside in Port Harcourt.
ediko5:
Nice on Herylovecoding

If you reside in Port Harcourt and you are a web programmer or have a strong passion for web programming. Check my signature
Re: Start learning Website development(HTML5,CSS3,JavaScript and PHP) on Nairaland. by Herylovecoding: 7:30pm On Dec 07, 2018
@ediko5 I don't reside in Port Harcourt.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get The Best Brand Slogan Ever / 7months Verified Naija And UK Adsense For Sale. / Black Friday Web Hosting Deal!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.