Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,030 members, 7,814,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Chrome Browser Data Saving Feature Can Now Download News Articles Offline - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Chrome Browser Data Saving Feature Can Now Download News Articles Offline (528 Views)

Set Up This Life-saving Feature On Your Phone, Now! / Instagram Introduces Data-saving Feature For The Android Users / Pls Help My Tecno K7 Doesn't Have Ultrapower Saving Feature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chrome Browser Data Saving Feature Can Now Download News Articles Offline by techtip(m): 4:11am On Jun 25, 2018
Chrome browser eases the way through no more waste of data swiping through some article when chrome browser could virtually download it for you. Google has made this possible as it had added another useful data-saving feature to its Chrome browser. I will croon it Chrome browser data-saving feature.

This new Chrome browser data-saving feature automatically helps you download or save news articles when your device is connected to the internet, so that they can be made available when you have turned off your data connection.

How to block Ads in Chrome on Android

And you don’t have to worry how Chrome will know what to download for you, bots have been getting really crazy these days, Chrome will download these article for you based on your history and also popular contents in your location, say for example, World cup is the trending keyword in Nigeria, its going to download relevant World Cup articles, this sounds cool right.

Read More: Chrome Browser Data Saving Feature Can Now Download News Articles For Offline Access

However, Google says the feature is mainly targeted to its Next Billion Markets (NBU), and has been made available to over 100 countries, including Nigeria.

In conclusion, the feature can be very helpful, especially if you are the type that reads articles a lot. You won’t have to spend and waste data online, but instead they would be present at your doorstep.

Don’t you think that is a great innovation? What’s your say?
Re: Chrome Browser Data Saving Feature Can Now Download News Articles Offline by ITbomb(m): 6:26am On Jun 25, 2018
Waste of data
Just because I visit nairaland often doesn't give the bots any right to use my data and be downloading articles from nairaland JUST BECAUSE I MIGHT NEED IT
Re: Chrome Browser Data Saving Feature Can Now Download News Articles Offline by techtip(m): 10:57am On Jun 25, 2018
ITbomb:
Waste of data
Just because I visit nairaland often doesn't give the bots any right to use my data and be downloading articles from nairaland JUST BECAUSE I MIGHT NEED IT
Well well well the world is getting advanced, so better get used to bots friend
Re: Chrome Browser Data Saving Feature Can Now Download News Articles Offline by ITbomb(m): 2:13pm On Jun 25, 2018
techtip:

Well well well the world is getting advanced, so better get used to bots friend
Cut the crap, it's in Nigeria that people burdened themselves with tech not relevant to them.

I should get used to cheap data in an advanced world before bots

Even android OS understands that data and power is limited in some countries, they brought out Android Go and One
Re: Chrome Browser Data Saving Feature Can Now Download News Articles Offline by tafat: 10:20pm On Jun 25, 2018
wow, google doing great things, would love to rock this feature on my tecno park
Re: Chrome Browser Data Saving Feature Can Now Download News Articles Offline by Charles4990s: 7:59pm On Oct 27, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Airtel To Upgrade System On July 13th (11am-1pm) / Cubot X18 Plus Readily Available For Sale In Lagos - 4g Network, 4gb And 64gb / Itel Mobile Unveils A New Member To Its S Series Of Phones (features & Price)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.