Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,503 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

How To Create This Entry Step - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Create This Entry Step (1060 Views)

Canada Review 2021/2022 Proof Of Fund For Canada Express Entry Applicants. / 200 Million Housing Market In Nigeria. Entry Time Is Now! / Control Entry Of People In Restricted Zone By Safety Bollards In Central Coast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Create This Entry Step by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 29, 2018
I'm not sure what it's called but it's what I want to build for my front entry steps.

How is this built in the Nigerian context in the most effective way?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How To Create This Entry Step by uwemjack(m): 10:02pm On Jun 29, 2018
You can use granite tiles with thickness of 20mm upwards to tile the thread of steps, or make precast concrete slabs
Re: How To Create This Entry Step by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 29, 2018
uwemjack:
You can use granite tiles with thickness of 20mm upwards to tile the thread of steps, or make precast concrete slabs

Thanks for the response.

One thing that confuses me is not sure if I should build the bottom step first and then go in from there or built the last step first.

If you've done this before and have pictures I would love to see them.

Re: How To Create This Entry Step by uwemjack(m): 10:33pm On Jun 29, 2018
Build all the steps complete from bottom up, then you tile it with the granite slab. That white part is just tiles
Re: How To Create This Entry Step by mufutau55(m): 11:09pm On Jun 29, 2018
Yes. All steps are built from ground up with blocks like you do foundation or like regular steps.. then filled with sand and tops are tiled with good granite..

Hajji M.
Re: How To Create This Entry Step by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 08, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Thanks for the response.

One thing that confuses me is not sure if I should build the bottom step first and then go in from there or built the last step first.

If you've done this before and have pictures I would love to see them.
hi uncle egunmogaji,i have a little situation with my c230 kompressor.it overheats at any given opportunity.it started after I got involved in an accident(hit someone from behind) and most of the damage were cosmetic.this started happening,coolant somehow stopped returning to the reserve tank but vaporized in the block so much so that when you remove the return line from the reservoir,you would see high pressure vapour oozing out.went to my mechanic severally to no avail(wasted more than 100k on this).
Fast forward to now,the engine knocked.the heat build got so much that it blew open an oil line and leaked out every oil in that engine till it knocked.
So please sir,I wish to know why that happened so I don't make the same mistake on my new engine
Re: How To Create This Entry Step by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 08, 2018
nwanneni:
hi uncle egunmogaji,i have a little situation with my c230 kompressor.it overheats at any given opportunity.it started after I got involved in an accident(hit someone from behind) and most of the damage were cosmetic.this started happening,coolant somehow stopped returning to the reserve tank but vaporized in the block so much so that when you remove the return line from the reservoir,you would see high pressure vapour oozing out.went to my mechanic severally to no avail(wasted more than 100k on this).
Fast forward to now,the engine knocked.the heat build got so much that it blew open an oil line and leaked out every oil in that engine till it knocked.
So please sir,I wish to know why that happened so I don't make the same mistake on my new engine

Sorry about that.

I would pay attention to the water pump.

2 Likes

Re: How To Create This Entry Step by temmy6996(m): 12:06pm On Jul 08, 2018
I guess this is what you trying to do.

1 Like

Re: How To Create This Entry Step by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 08, 2018
temmy6996:
I guess this is what you trying to do.

Yes it is.

Do you happen to have the construction pictures?

Thanks.
Re: How To Create This Entry Step by temmy6996(m): 1:20pm On Jul 08, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Yes it is.

Do you happen to have the construction pictures?

Thanks.
lost the construction pictures when I formatted my phone but it's easy. The main work here is with the carpenter. Each step has its own formwork. On a level and we'll compacted ground, the carpenter makes the 1st formwork (wood work), the second step wood work comes ontop of the 1st 1 using the step thread to calculate the size of the second one coming ontop. This will be repeated until you get to the final step. Don't forget to reinforce it accordingly
NB, This is the use of concrete and reinforcement.

2 Likes

Re: How To Create This Entry Step by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 08, 2018
temmy6996:
lost the construction pictures when I formatted my phone but it's easy. The main work here is with the carpenter. Each step has its own formwork. On a level and we'll compacted ground, the carpenter makes the 1st formwork (wood work), the second step wood work comes ontop of the 1st 1 using the step thread to calculate the size of the second one coming ontop. This will be repeated until you get to the final step. Don't forget to reinforce it accordingly
NB, This is the use of concrete and reinforcement.

I want to do this myself on my next vacation.

The confusion for me has been solved now.

So after all the calculations have been done it is the last step that will be done first and then part of the base will serve as the base of the next instep rung.

Thanks.
Re: How To Create This Entry Step by temmy6996(m): 9:05pm On Jul 08, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I want to do this myself on my next vacation.

The confusion for me has been solved now.

So after all the calculations have been done it is the last step that will be done first and then part of the base will serve as the base of the next instep rung.

Thanks.
yes sir.....you welcome

1 Like

Re: How To Create This Entry Step by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 08, 2018
Thanks to all for the guidance.

Mission accomplished.

2 Likes

Re: How To Create This Entry Step by mufutau55(m): 3:03pm On Oct 08, 2018
EgunMogaji:
Thanks to all for the guidance.
Mission accomplished.

That is it... just formed like regular steps.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: How To Create This Entry Step by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 08, 2018
mufutau55:

That is it... just formed like regular steps.

Hajji M.

As usual I overthought it grin
Re: How To Create This Entry Step by mufutau55(m): 10:00pm On Oct 08, 2018
EgunMogaji:

As usual I overthought it grin

Just glad it's done right. Wait unti it's all dressed up....

Hajji M.

(1) (Reply)

You Want A Good And Affordable Architectural Design Drawing And Construction. / CONTEMPORARY ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNS AT ITS BEST / New Automated 5 Bedrooms Mansion For Sale In Carlton Gate Estate Chevron D Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.