Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,863,551 members, 6,870,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 May 2022 at 02:10 PM

DSTV Scammed Me. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / DSTV Scammed Me. (756 Views)

Before You Will Be Scammed Online, Read This Article Below; / Clubkonnect Scammed Me Of N14000, Trust Them Less / I Think I Have Been Scammed On JIJI. What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

DSTV Scammed Me. by djkaneo(m): 1:10pm On Jul 02, 2018
I had been getting text messages from DSTV to subscribe to their compact plan and get 2 additional months for free. I ignored them totally. They called me a couple of times and I told them I wasn't interested. Then on the 24th of May, 2018, I got another call from them. The Rep told me that I would get 2 months extra for free if I paid "on or before 4th of June". She then suggested I take advantage of the offer as the World Cup was just 3 weeks away. It made a whole lot of sense to me, so I went for it. I paid on 2nd of June.
Now, a month later, I woke up this morning and noticed my sub had expired. I had a couple of jobs to deliver, so I gave it no thought, I went to work. Came back later, it was still that way, so I contacted DSTV. They have been playing dumb, asking silly questions, making me believe they lied to make me pay for their subscription.
I'm livid, yes I am. I don't mind taking this issue to a whole new level. The money involved is nothing, but this sort of behavior is unacceptable. I will take them to court if nothing is done to fix this error.
I don't blame them though, I blame TSTV who gave Nigerians hope, and dashed it.

Mod, please take this to the appropriate section. I tried to file it under Entertainment, but was told I had "Insufficient Permissions".

(1) (Reply)

School Management Software System For Sale / Samsung A7 (2016) For Sale / Super Power Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.