Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,622 members, 7,827,328 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Is Sorting A Part Of Studying? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Sorting A Part Of Studying? (353 Views)

Do I Stand A Chance Of Studying Law With A Jamb Aggregate Of 266? / Little Girl Studying Under A Tree In UNIBEN (Photo) / See What A U.S. University Says About Nigerians Studying There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Sorting A Part Of Studying? by Bariwereilo(f): 9:36pm On Jul 03, 2018
Hello Nigerians? There is this question that has been bothering my mind which I felt we had better discussed.
It's about *SORTING in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions#.
Nigeria is amongst other countries in Africa, a nice State where education is achievable:-). The standard of education we get in Nig is very ok o. But the question goes thus:
Is it "Read to know, sort to pass"?
Or are there other ways one can actually make it from our higher institutions with our Intelligence Quotience(IQ)? Could you imagine after sitting for an exam u read very well for,the lecturer for that course tells you "see me" or "i no go chop ur head o, come and pay ur tithe and buy ur bible else u no go enter heaven". This sounds crazy, right? Pls reply.
Re: Is Sorting A Part Of Studying? by Nobody: 1:56am On Jul 04, 2018
First of all the standard of education in Nigeria is very poor. This is one of the reasons why many Nigerians travel out to study for either undergraduate or postgraduate degrees..
Secondly, the university system in most universities in Nigeria is corrupt. Sorting is now a norm in many universities so it all boils down to the output since it is the end that justifies the means.

(1) (Reply)

Ongoing Jobs Opportunities To Apply / Summer Of Code 2018 (for Kids) Registration Is On #owerri Are You Ready! / John Locke’s Political Power Vis-à-vis Abuse Of Power In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.