Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Niaraland Is Now On A Secured Internet (HTTPS) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Niaraland Is Now On A Secured Internet (HTTPS) (4965 Views)

How To Remove Not Secured / Adsense Not Showing On Secured Site / How To Hack Secured, Password Protected Wi-fi, Hotspot Networks On Pc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niaraland Is Now On A Secured Internet (HTTPS) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 26, 2018
Opening nairaland.com on my phone this evening reveals a great surprise shocked and ushered a big grin off my face grin.

For quite a number of years, I have closely watched cool this forum and one of the very things that still amazes me is the simplicity and (just guessing) Seun's deliberate decision to keep the site simple smiley.

Https allows websites, web apps, endpoints and browsers to communicate securely. The integration of SSL reduces the risk of being hacked without effort and enables second and third-party services secured by SSL to communicate better.

In other words, your Nairaland activities (posts, diaries, comments) is now a step secured and cannot be intercepted by someone on your network. Also, phising of data by data mongers, sniffers, trolls and crawlers would be reduced.

However, this feature often comes with a sacrifice . Slower speed. SSL requires an handshake from browser to domain server to hosting server and back again before any request can pass through. Certificates and domain credentials are exchanged and checked for validity.

The lag is avoidable by applying the best coding practises but It appears Nairaland is very-very much slower cry than before even for the fact that most contents are just text.

Nevertheless, I would like to commend Seun, lala, lalasticlala and others for considering this upgrade kiss.

I look forward to seeing more updates here and more especially on http://www.seunosewa.com/ which is Seun's personal blog wink.

Cheers

Re: Niaraland Is Now On A Secured Internet (HTTPS) by Kewtt: 7:57pm On Jul 26, 2018
Good development.
Re: Niaraland Is Now On A Secured Internet (HTTPS) by wisino1(m): 8:00pm On Jul 26, 2018
Nice one but hope it doesn't make the site slower and consume more data
Re: Niaraland Is Now On A Secured Internet (HTTPS) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 26, 2018
wisino1:
Nice one but hope it doesn't make the site slower and consume more data

Of course it is very much slower. That's too obvious. Data usage increase is very minimal and too tiny to bother you.
Re: Niaraland Is Now On A Secured Internet (HTTPS) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 26, 2018
All good.
Re: Niaraland Is Now On A Secured Internet (HTTPS) by LuciferChristi: 8:26pm On Jul 26, 2018
FzanyAjibs:

I bet you weren't streaming that from Nairaland. His concern is relative to the change from http to https wrt data usage and not about contents at all.

Einstein take a look at the phrase I bolded.

Now read my comment again.

Take your time... the thicker your skull, the longer it will take you.

When you finally get it, look into a mirror.
What do you see?

A. A human
B. A fool
C. Buhari
D. A donkey

Choose only one answer.
Goodluck

(1) (Reply)

Is Your Site Hosted On Nulled/stolen Whmcs Find Out Before Your Site Get Hacked! / Pls Help Me With Ozeki Ng Activation Code / Steps To Take Before Creating A Website - Techknowng.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.