Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Original Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Original Sin? (1298 Views)

Questioning The Implausibilities 3 (original Sin) / "original Sin"-linking It To An Imperfect God! / Is Everyone Born With Original Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Original Sin? by kismat: 5:42pm On Jan 04, 2006
Ezekiel (18:20) reads:

“The soul who sins is the one who will die. the son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous man will be credited to him, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against him.”

Can Christians please share their views regarding the concept of original sin. I and certainly most Muslims/atheist find it contradicting if not confusing. The Story of Adam is narrated in the Holy Quran as follows:

115. And indeed We made a covenant with Adam before, but he forgot, and We found on his part no firm will-power.

116. And (remember) when We said to the angels: "Prostrate yourselves to Adam." They prostrated (all) except Iblîs* (Satan), who refused.

117. Then We said: "O Adam! Verily, this is an enemy to you and to your wife. So let him not get you both out of Paradise, so that you be distressed in misery.

118. Verily, you have (a promise from Us) that you will never be hungry therein nor naked.

119. And you (will) suffer not from thirst therein nor from the sun's heat.

120. Then Shaitân (Satan) whispered to him, saying : "O Adam! Shall I lead you to the Tree of Eternity and to a kingdom that will never waste away? (live forever)"

121. Then they both ate of the tree, and so their private parts appeared to them, and they began to stick on themselves the leaves from Paradise for their covering. Thus did Adam disobey his Lord, so he went astray.

122. Then his Lord chose him, and turned to him with forgiveness, and gave him guidance.

123. (Allâh) said:"Get you down (from the Paradise to the earth), both of you, together, some of you are an enemy to some others. Then if there comes to you guidance from Me, then whoever follows My Guidance shall neither go astray, nor fall into distress and misery.

Just as we forgot on many occasions to do certain things that are mandatory, so did Adam peace be upon him. He forgot what he was commanded not to do. Muslims believe that if anyone does anything out of forgetfullness, God forgives that person hence Adam pbuh was forgiven but got himself expelled from heaven.

I would like to hear a christians version of the story please.
Re: Original Sin? by kismat: 1:25pm On Jan 06, 2006
No answer? Shame on you then if you believe in Salvation, Jesus died for your sins.
Re: Original Sin? by exu(m): 1:25pm On Jan 13, 2006
"original sin"- sounds like people are being punished for 'daring' to be born...
Re: Original Sin? by wahalaman(m): 8:48am On Jan 24, 2006
First of all that story is Bull S*****t!
too childish for me to comprehend.
God is bigger than all that cork and bull story
that has kept mankind confused for 1,000,000 years.
Its time you get with the program and begin to see where the errors are in the so called holy books
Thats my own..
Re: Original Sin? by donnie(m): 2:38pm On Jan 24, 2006
Listen here guys and listen good.

Sin is more than an action... it is a nature -the nature of the devil; just like reghteous is more than some actions... it is also a nature - the nature of God.

When Adam sinned against God and obeyed te devil, he took upon himself the nature of the devil(which is sin) and the devil took his adamic nature from Him (The adamic nature is perfect)

Satan took the kingdom from Him. Satan took control of this world. This control was originally given to Adam.

Adam took the devils nature and the devil took Adam's when Adam sold out to him.

This is the reason even Micheal the Arch angel,(and the highest angel) could not rebuke satan...except by saying "the Lord rebuke thee".

Satan had gained Adamic authority. That is why satan was called the prince of this world, where as Adam was made originally, the God of this world, before the fall. Satan got the kingdom form Adam.

This is why satan could tell Jesus, "bow before me and i will give you all the kingdoms of the world". If he did not have the kingdoms of this world then that will not be a genuine temptaion.

Since the fall, any child born into this world comes in with the nature of the devil. He does not need to do anything wrong, he is born that way!

This is why jesus said, "except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God"!

No amount of good deeds can give you a place in the kingdom without having that precious blood of Jesus wash you clean for ever ...and without recieving eternal life of almighty God into yor Spirit

There is no in-between. You are either a child of God by the new birth or a child of the devil..
Re: Original Sin? by wahalaman(m): 4:42pm On Jan 24, 2006
if you think the devil is in control of your world, then so be it

For me, God is omni potent and I dont think the devil took over the world from him
you guys just get brain washed so easily and you know it too

its really amazing. You are responsible for your own actions not no damn devil - sily

According to jesus, you must be born again simply means become a new person; change you eveil ways
start living a new life, a spiritual life not that way you are going . making it more complicated for yourself

And I dont think you can really be born again until u get rid of all those false teachings that didnt come from christ himself.

The kingdom of God is very simple people.. get it?
Re: Original Sin? by donnie(m): 9:05am On Jan 26, 2006
wahalaman:

if you think the devil is in control of your world, then so be it

According to jesus, you must be born again simply means become a new person; change you eveil ways
start living a new life, a spiritual life not that way you are going . making it more complicated for yourself

And I don't think you can really be born again until u get rid of all those false teachings that didnt come from christ himself.

That is a lie!

Jesus didnt say so.the bible didnt say so.

Mind you , Jesus was speaking to someone who was morally upright. Nicodemus was a a teacher of the law, a pharisee, so he must have been a morally upright man. Yet Jesus told him, "You must be born again!" Jesus went on to say, " That which is born of the flesh is flesh, that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit..." ...meaning, it is not a natural experience, it is the working of the Holy Spirit.

To be born again is'nt to change your ways.it is more than that. You do not just change your ways, you actually recieve the life and nature of God by faith into your spirit. You recieve righteousness from God as a free gift.

Righteousness gives you the ability to stand in the presence of God without a  feeling of guilt, inferiority, or condemnation. It also gives you the ability to do right.

This is the righteousness of God. The very righteousness that Jesus has. Any other righteousness is inferior, empty self righteousness.

If you only read your bible properly, you will see all this.

When you recieve this righteousness from God, it becomes natural for you to do good and unnatural for you to sin.

That is why cornelius with all his prayer, alms giving n fear of God, still needed 2 b saved, so much so dt God had to send an angel to Peter telling him to go and give cornelius words by which he might be saved.

If you could do it yourself, Jesus wouold not have died.

Let me show you just a little picture of who the New creation in Christ is:

John 1:12-13
12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right(power) to become children of God—

13children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.
Re: Original Sin? by shahan(f): 6:54pm On Jan 07, 2007
@kismat,

Pity that you've been absent for ages on Nairaland. . . we miss you, no be small.

kismat:

No answer? Shame on you then if you believe in Salvation, Jesus died for your sins.

First, how does one begin to answer your tales when you don't even understand it yourself?

Second, it's no surprise that you don't believe in salvation - because Muhammad never did; and yet he had hoped to gain express pass to paradise with 'LL-squared' ('[b]L[/b]adies and [b]L[/b]iquor'). The sad thing is, he trembled at the prospect of dying while he himself sent others to die for 'allah' with the promise of 72 virgins.

And yes, Jesus died for our sins - and yours, too. This confession alone (that Jesus is Lord and he died and rose again) can save you and anyone else from the shame and fear from which Muhammad was unable to free his followers.
Re: Original Sin? by kimba(m): 10:37pm On Jan 08, 2007
@kismat

if you dont believe in Jesus and in Gods Salvation plan, who then will save you:Bin Laden?
Re: Original Sin? by shahan(f): 11:05pm On Jan 08, 2007
shocked

(1) (Reply)

Religion Befuddles The Mind, Its : Mindless. =/ / Would The World Be A Better Place If: / Which Religion Is Good? -doubt Everything Find Your Own Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.