Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,718 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:35 AM

Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note (19149 Views)

Man Rapes 70-Year-Old Woman In Ogun, Blames Alcohol / 300 Level UNIBEN Student Commits Suicide, Drops Suicide Note(Disturbing Photos) / Man Defiles 3-Year-Old Girl In Ogun, Blames The Devil (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note by EmagNig(m): 7:43am On Aug 16, 2018
A Landlord on Majekolagbe Street, Ibafo, Ogun State has thrown his family members and loved ones into mourning after killing himself by hanging and then blaming his son for his actions in his suicide note.

Punch Metro reports that the 59-year-old had disappeared from the community on Tuesday and had also stopped taking his telephone calls.

Concerned residents and members of the community development association were said to have forced the door to his house open and found his body dangling from the rope.

The Abeokuta, Ogun State indigene, wrote a note before his death, which was handed over to the police from the Ibafo division.

A resident, who sighted the note and spoke on condition of anonymity, said the deceased blamed his son for his suicide.

According to him, the note read, ‘(Son’s name withheld), you are the one that put me into this problem, which made me to take my life. 3.35pm.’

He said,

“Every day, people usually converged on the frontage of his house to relax. Also, some members of Jehovah’s Witnesses visited him every evening. Around 8pm every day, he went to the house of one of his friends, where he would stay till around 11pm to 12am before returning to his house.

“Nobody saw him throughout yesterday (Tuesday) and when they called his mobile phone, he did not pick his calls. His first daughter also called him without a response. That was why people forced his door open and found his corpse in the house.

“He hanged himself in his late wife’s room. He left a suicide note. He indicated the time he killed himself. The note has been handed over to the police. What is curious is that some of us still don’t know what the son did to him that made him to kill himself. He did not say what his son did.”

Our correspondent, however, heard one of the landlords saying that the deceased had approached him for a loan of N50,000 on Monday.

The landlord, who regretted that he could not assist the victim, said he (Majekolagbe) had told him that his son was behind his travail.

He said,

“Despite the heavy rain on Monday, Baba (Majekolagbe) came to my house. He was at my place for more than two hours. He initially asked if I had a loaf of bread that he could eat, which I told him I did not have. I told him that I had pap. We prepared and took it together.

“He then begged me give him a loan of N50,000. I told him that I had just transferred money from my account and there was nothing left. He said his son was at it again and the boy had put himself into another trouble. He sounded really distressed.”

The landlord said he heard that the deceased’s son owed some people over N1m, adding that the debt was put on Majekolagbe.

A shop where the late wife sold drinks, biscuits and other items, had been taken over by the victim, who continued the trade.

A resident said Majekolagbe was in a good mood last Saturday at the shop.

“I was at his shop that day and he said he would be marking his 60th birthday on December 27. He said he would celebrate it big time. He gave me a malt drink for free and said the celebration had started,” she said.

A woman on the street described the deceased as kind-hearted, adding that his late wife was also hospitable.

She said the son, alleged to have been the reason for the suicide, was also a great member of the family before things went awry.

She said,

“When my family newly moved into this street, we brought a trailer load of property from Lagos. His late wife heard my dialect and upon learning that I came from Ekiti, she became excited. Despite the flood, she waded through the water to help us to move our property into our house. We were so close to the family that my children stayed with them when we had not found a school to put them. Both husband and wife were accommodating and loving.

“Even the boy in question used to be a chorister in a Pentecostal church. He was intelligent and assisted my children with their assignments. My children were fond of him.

“The man was the first to take ill. The sickness was serious that he became very lean. The wife supported him until he recovered. Suddenly, the woman also took ill. She died from a stroke. After that time, Baba started living alone in the house.”

The deceased was not attending any religious house until recently when he joined a local church.

Our correspondent, during the visit to the community, observed some Hausa men digging a grave in front of the deceased’s house.

Some family members, who entered the house, broke down in tears, while there were occasional arguments and blame-trading on the circumstances surrounding the death.

Majekolagbe’s three children were also sighted arriving the house.

When our correspondent approached a member of the family for comment, he said the family did not want the incident publicised.

The Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, confirmed the incident, adding that the police had a copy of the suicide note.

He said,

“The man said his son got him annoyed and he decided to kill himself. He did not say in particular what his son did. He just said he could no longer withstand his son’s behaviour.”

https://lailasnews.com/landlord-kills-self-in-ogun-blames-son-for-his-action-in-suicide-note/

Re: Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note by Dannybammz: 7:45am On Aug 16, 2018
FTC
Re: Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note by Merimental(m): 7:45am On Aug 16, 2018
too bad
Re: Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note by somez(m): 7:51am On Aug 16, 2018
And you took your life?
Re: Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note by Blakjewelry(m): 7:53am On Aug 16, 2018
the wrong way out
Re: Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note by LuciferKristi: 8:00am On Aug 16, 2018
Scientists have proven that the closer you are to the Ogun River, the more likely you are to commit a heinous crime.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note by Nightmareo07: 8:05am On Aug 16, 2018

Rip But I think yoruba parents should do more in raising their kids up..
An average Yoruba youth in Lagos grows to become a tout in d street, causing nuisance everywhere, disturbing motorists blocking their way and requesting for money by force.
Shouting "owo mi da
"

Re: Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note by Nbote(m): 8:12am On Aug 16, 2018
Seems d boy has a habit for getting into trouble and his father always took d fall for it... Pikin wey e for disown since time immemorial and simply put up a sign or Bill in front of his house which reads.
"Dis house is not for sale, beware of my Son"

Re: Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:07pm On Aug 16, 2018
He hanged himself in his late wife’s room. He left a suicide note. He indicated the time he killed himself. The note has been handed over to the police. What is curious is that some of us still don’t know what the son did to him that made him to kill himself. He did not say what his son did.”

Life don tire am be dat.
He will watch the replay in heaven.
Re: Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note by Iruobean(m): 1:08pm On Aug 16, 2018
Re: Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:09pm On Aug 16, 2018
[quote author=Issakendrick post=70329472][/quote]
Re: Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note by SEONaijaExpert: 1:09pm On Aug 16, 2018
That's a double loss. He was frustrated by situations
Re: Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note by SarakiBukola: 1:10pm On Aug 16, 2018
Bad son undecided

But.. .i would be very scared to step over someone's grave to enter a house.

What if a ghost stretches his hand to massage my leg ? shocked

Re: Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note by JewelBukky(f): 1:11pm On Aug 16, 2018
Too bad. May his soul rest in peace.

Nairalanders please check my signature and show some love now � � �
Make una rush my page ke
Re: Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note by foyeks2001(f): 1:16pm On Aug 16, 2018
Everyone with his/her own wahala.

Re: Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note by beautyhd: 1:22pm On Aug 16, 2018
His son's name is kamoru omo ale jati jati

Re: Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 16, 2018
Depression is real..

poverty na bastard..

RIP DEAD ONE

Re: Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note by innocential3032(m): 1:28pm On Aug 16, 2018
too bhad
Re: Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note by JacksonOyibo: 1:29pm On Aug 16, 2018
cry
Re: Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note by Moreoffaith(m): 1:32pm On Aug 16, 2018
Dannybammz:
FTC

FTC kee you dere.
Re: Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note by mysteryman2014: 1:35pm On Aug 16, 2018
EmagNig:
A Landlord on Majekolagbe Street, Ibafo, Ogun State has thrown his family members and loved ones into mourning after killing himself by hanging and then blaming his son for his actions in his suicide note.

Punch Metro reports that the 59-year-old had disappeared from the community on Tuesday and had also stopped taking his telephone calls.

Concerned residents and members of the community development association were said to have forced the door to his house open and found his body dangling from the rope.

The Abeokuta, Ogun State indigene, wrote a note before his death, which was handed over to the police from the Ibafo division.

A resident, who sighted the note and spoke on condition of anonymity, said the deceased blamed his son for his suicide.

According to him, the note read, ‘(Son’s name withheld), you are the one that put me into this problem, which made me to take my life. 3.35pm.’

He said,

“Every day, people usually converged on the frontage of his house to relax. Also, some members of Jehovah’s Witnesses visited him every evening. Around 8pm every day, he went to the house of one of his friends, where he would stay till around 11pm to 12am before returning to his house.

“Nobody saw him throughout yesterday (Tuesday) and when they called his mobile phone, he did not pick his calls. His first daughter also called him without a response. That was why people forced his door open and found his corpse in the house.

“He hanged himself in his late wife’s room. He left a suicide note. He indicated the time he killed himself. The note has been handed over to the police. What is curious is that some of us still don’t know what the son did to him that made him to kill himself. He did not say what his son did.”

Our correspondent, however, heard one of the landlords saying that the deceased had approached him for a loan of N50,000 on Monday.

The landlord, who regretted that he could not assist the victim, said he (Majekolagbe) had told him that his son was behind his travail.

He said,

“Despite the heavy rain on Monday, Baba (Majekolagbe) came to my house. He was at my place for more than two hours. He initially asked if I had a loaf of bread that he could eat, which I told him I did not have. I told him that I had pap. We prepared and took it together.

“He then begged me give him a loan of N50,000. I told him that I had just transferred money from my account and there was nothing left. He said his son was at it again and the boy had put himself into another trouble. He sounded really distressed.”

The landlord said he heard that the deceased’s son owed some people over N1m, adding that the debt was put on Majekolagbe.

A shop where the late wife sold drinks, biscuits and other items, had been taken over by the victim, who continued the trade.

A resident said Majekolagbe was in a good mood last Saturday at the shop.

“I was at his shop that day and he said he would be marking his 60th birthday on December 27. He said he would celebrate it big time. He gave me a malt drink for free and said the celebration had started,” she said.

A woman on the street described the deceased as kind-hearted, adding that his late wife was also hospitable.

She said the son, alleged to have been the reason for the suicide, was also a great member of the family before things went awry.

She said,

“When my family newly moved into this street, we brought a trailer load of property from Lagos. His late wife heard my dialect and upon learning that I came from Ekiti, she became excited. Despite the flood, she waded through the water to help us to move our property into our house. We were so close to the family that my children stayed with them when we had not found a school to put them. Both husband and wife were accommodating and loving.

“Even the boy in question used to be a chorister in a Pentecostal church. He was intelligent and assisted my children with their assignments. My children were fond of him.

“The man was the first to take ill. The sickness was serious that he became very lean. The wife supported him until he recovered. Suddenly, the woman also took ill. She died from a stroke. After that time, Baba started living alone in the house.”

The deceased was not attending any religious house until recently when he joined a local church.

Our correspondent, during the visit to the community, observed some Hausa men digging a grave in front of the deceased’s house.

Some family members, who entered the house, broke down in tears, while there were occasional arguments and blame-trading on the circumstances surrounding the death.

Majekolagbe’s three children were also sighted arriving the house.

When our correspondent approached a member of the family for comment, he said the family did not want the incident publicised.

The Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, confirmed the incident, adding that the police had a copy of the suicide note.

He said,

“The man said his son got him annoyed and he decided to kill himself. He did not say in particular what his son did. He just said he could no longer withstand his son’s behaviour.”

https://lailasnews.com/landlord-kills-self-in-ogun-blames-son-for-his-action-in-suicide-note/

Sad. However that grave looks close to the borehole .
Re: Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note by 12Monkeys: 1:50pm On Aug 16, 2018
Buhari voters no wan the change again

Re: Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note by AfonjaSlaves(f): 2:00pm On Aug 16, 2018
AFONJA AND suicide GET SOMETHING IN COMMON

Re: Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note by akinszz: 2:13pm On Aug 16, 2018
AfonjaSlaves:
AFONJA AND suicide GET SOMETHING IN COMMON
sense is far away from you

Re: Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note by Bimpe29: 2:19pm On Aug 16, 2018
A grave sin it is to commit suicide. But, I pray that may we not be tempted to commit suicide.
Re: Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note by eleko1: 2:38pm On Aug 16, 2018
sad
Re: Landlord Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ogun, Blames Son In Suicide Note by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 16, 2018
May our children never be the source of our unhappiness

Baby Found Abandoned In Delta Community (Photos) / Nurse Arrested For Helping Pregnant Girls Sell Their Babies In Rivers / Kuje Jailbreak : Osinachi's Husband, Nwachukwu Missing

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51