Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Let's Beta Test Your Web App... - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Let's Beta Test Your Web App... (1690 Views)

Download Sketchware Pro V6.4.0 Beta 4 Apk / How Many Clients Have You Gotten From Your Web Development Ad On Nairaland? / Take Your Web Development Skill/Career To The Next Level By Creating A Web App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Beta Test Your Web App... by Nobody: 3:31am On Aug 18, 2018
Drop links to any data driven custom made web app you developed so I and anyone interested can beta test and provide constructive analysis.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Beta Test Your Web App... by Jenifa123: 8:25pm On Aug 18, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Beta Test Your Web App... by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 19, 2018
Jenifa123:
http://friendzone.com.ng

Actually nice seeing you changed your design...

When you dropped your link i was reluctant to check it out due to the fact that i had reviewed it in the past and gave recommendations and it still looked the same.

I think you're finally headed towards the right direction, you just need to polish the design. I didn't login so i can't say anything about the functionality at this point.
Try opting for a simple and straight forward design... Social networks don't need a long landing page to win users but a convincing hero section and login/signup form...

3 Likes

Re: Let's Beta Test Your Web App... by Jenifa123: 5:54pm On Aug 19, 2018
DanTheGeek:

Actually nice seeing you changed your design...

When you dropped your link i was reluctant to check it out due to the fact that i had reviewed it in the past and gave recommendations and it still looked the same.

I think you're finally headed towards the right direction, you just need to polish the design. I didn't login so i can't say anything about the functionality at this point.
Try opting for a simple and straight forward design... Social networks don't need a long landing page to win users but a convincing hero section and login/signup form...
Cool
Re: Let's Beta Test Your Web App... by wane01(m): 7:13pm On Aug 20, 2018
Jenifa123:
Its been a while since I checked up your platform ...
Thumbs up on the new layout ..
However, it seems your trying shorten the length of the page by putting everything in one place so users can see upon first load ...
Its a cool idea buh I think the template might not render well on all browsers .. You can make it into columns and each element on a column ...
Have you tried building your platform upon the django or django-react framework? ..
Once again its nice to see you're making progress ..
Also forcing users to create an account isnt so nice .. you can restrict some access not entirely locking them out
Re: Let's Beta Test Your Web App... by Jenifa123: 3:03am On Aug 21, 2018
wane01:

Its been a while since I checked up your platform ...
Thumbs up on the new layout ..
However, it seems your trying shorten the length of the page by putting everything in one place so users can see upon first load ...
Its a cool idea buh I think the template might not render well on all browsers .. You can make it into columns and each element on a column ...
Have you tried building your platform upon the django or django-react framework? ..
Once again its nice to see you're making progress ..
Also forcing users to create an account isnt so nice .. you can restrict some access not entirely locking them out
I'll work on that
Thank you
Re: Let's Beta Test Your Web App... by Xperienx(m): 12:42pm On Sep 12, 2020
Jenifa123:

If this is actually not coming too late, there are probably too many ads on the site even more than ads we see in a regular blog. It becomes aweful

You can go for inline ads instead for revenue meanwhile its a great site for Africans

1 Like

Re: Let's Beta Test Your Web App... by Jenifa123: 6:42pm On Oct 26, 2020
Xperienx:

If this is actually not coming too late, there are probably too many ads on the site even more than ads we see in a regular blog. It becomes aweful

You can go for inline ads instead for revenue meanwhile its a great site for Africans
Thank u and it's not coming too late.

It's google ads tho and present only on the index and visitor's page
Re: Let's Beta Test Your Web App... by duyilekan98(m): 3:42pm On Dec 28, 2021
Jenifa123:

Good stuff. Just a few finishing touches left. But ads everywhere.
Re: Let's Beta Test Your Web App... by Jenifa123: 1:02am On Dec 30, 2021
duyilekan98:

Thank you
I’d even hook u up to the new improvements if you’re interested and I’ll work on the ads
Re: Let's Beta Test Your Web App... by Jenifa123: 7:19am On Aug 20, 2022
duyilekan98:

Recently tho I’ve started working on a new design and trying to include web3 into it…

https://friendzone.com.ng/fz/html/login.php

Here’s the link if u wanna look at it a bit
Re: Let's Beta Test Your Web App... by Jenifa123: 7:51am On Sep 30, 2023
I’m 90% done with the Friendzone website please I’ll need testers and reviews.

www.friendzone.com.ng
Re: Let's Beta Test Your Web App... by ANormalHuman: 12:21pm On Sep 30, 2023
Jenifa123:
I’m 90% done with the Friendzone website please I’ll need testers and reviews.

www.friendzone.com.ng

You've got some serious commitment with this site... 4yrs?
Lemme check it out tho

Edit: Yo this is refreshing, it's a new feel... Legit African Social Media...

I love how everyone's latest post just pops up on the frontpage regardless... I hope it stays that way.

About uploading sounds (even videos and pix) I'm hoping there'll be mods to listen carefully and filter out sounds that contain abuse or certain types of words...
But how many mods will be needed when the platform later contains people who speak over 300 dialects or more...

I love how it looks like a refined blend of Facebook, Twitter and the Forum Section like Nairaland. As it is, it looks very convincing... Super.

Then the earnings, what are they for? I dunno how I even started earning a few cents. But yh, it would be very nice if you incorporate a section where Nigerians can buy airtime/data directly from your site, so at least among other things, the earnings can get users more fuel (data) to continue scrolling. (I know an API you can attach to get those cheap 220/GB data plans...)

For me, a few observation:
1. The button to show passwords while filling the registration form is kinda boxy, instead of curved like the others.
2. The emojis look kinda old-school too. My opinion tho.

I think that's all for now. Every other things goes smoother than expected.

Please my questions:

1. Have you heard of a similar startup social media, GoCampus, that got overwhelmed when many users started interacting... The owner later sold it to an Indian.
Will your website carry plenty users effectively? What's like the maximum number of people that can be active at the same time without crashing?

2. If you have a similar offer like the previous owner of GoCampus, will you sell this delight?
Re: Let's Beta Test Your Web App... by Jenifa123: 1:43pm On Sep 30, 2023
ANormalHuman:

You've got some serious commitment with this site... 4yrs?
Lemme check it out tho

Edit: Yo this is refreshing, it's a new feel... Legit African Social Media...

I love how everyone's latest post just pops up on the frontpage regardless... I hope it stays that way.

About uploading sounds (even videos and pix) I'm hoping there'll be mods to listen carefully and filter out sounds that contain abuse or certain types of words...
But how many mods will be needed when the platform later contains people who speak over 300 dialects or more...

I love how it looks like a refined blend of Facebook, Twitter and the Forum Section like Nairaland. As it is, it looks very convincing... Super.

Then the earnings, what are they for? I dunno how I even started earning a few cents. But yh, it would be very nice if you incorporate a section where Nigerians can buy airtime/data directly from your site, so at least among other things, the earnings can get users more fuel (data) to continue scrolling. (I know an API you can attach to get those cheap 220/GB data plans...)

For me, a few observation:
1. The button to show passwords while filling the registration form is kinda boxy, instead of curved like the others.
2. The emojis look kinda old-school too. My opinion tho.

I think that's all for now. Every other things goes smoother than expected.

Please my questions:

1. Have you heard of a similar startup social media, GoCampus, that got overwhelmed when many users started interacting... The owner later sold it to an Indian.
Will your website carry plenty users effectively? What's like the maximum number of people that can be active at the same time without crashing?

2. If you have a similar offer like the previous owner of GoCampus, will you sell this delight?

Thank you, nor mind me I’ve been doing a lot also working on the app.

1. Yes it can carry plenty users I’ve done a test to this effect.

2. I don’t have any plans of selling.

For the earning part, it’s the comments, the posts and others that enables you to earn.

1 Like

Re: Let's Beta Test Your Web App... by Jenifa123: 2:34pm On Sep 30, 2023
Can I get the api though, thank you
Re: Let's Beta Test Your Web App... by ANormalHuman: 7:45pm On Sep 30, 2023
Jenifa123:
Can I get the api though, thank you

http://husmodataapi.com/documentation/

You may have to create an account with them so you can view the page properly, after landing here, search for the option called API Documentation Page
(I personally use their API to run a data vending website for like 5 months now, so it's trusted)
Re: Let's Beta Test Your Web App... by Jenifa123: 9:42am On Oct 01, 2023
ANormalHuman:

http://husmodataapi.com/documentation/

You may have to create an account with them so you can view the page properly, after landing here, search for the option called API Documentation Page
(I personally use their API to run a data vending website for like 5 months now, so it's trusted)

Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Special Assistance Needed From Crytal Report Gurus Here. / Creating A Startup Section / Help Pro JS Programmers, I'm Losing My Mind.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.