Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,400 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Web Development - Assistance - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Web Development - Assistance (1374 Views)

Do We Have Coding Bootcamps In Nigeria? / Faster Way To Learn Web Development. / For Young And Basic Web Development HOP IN / Take Your Web Development Skill/Career To The Next Level By Creating A Web App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Development - Assistance by digitite: 2:58pm On Aug 18, 2018
My fellow programmers. I need your assistance on this.

There is a nav-menu on the homepage. When I click on another page , for example the About Us; the nav-menu goes blank.

I want the nav-menu to still be showing : How can I effect this change ?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Web Development - Assistance by holuphisayor(m): 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2018
Since, its a multi-page site. All pages should have similar structure. i.e make the nav-menu available on other pages like about us.

You need to also get used to developer tools to fix padding and margin issues on your page.

BTW you can provide a codepen link to better understand your question.
Re: Web Development - Assistance by etoluw: 6:36pm On Aug 19, 2018
digitite:
My fellow programmers. I need your assistance on this.

There is a nav-menu on the homepage. When I click on another page , for example the About Us; the nav-menu goes blank.

I want the nav-menu to still be showing : How can I effect this change ?

Thank you in advance.

is it a wordpress site ?
Re: Web Development - Assistance by digitite: 10:10am On Aug 20, 2018
etoluw:

is it a wordpress site ?

No it's not. I am coding the site from scratch .
Re: Web Development - Assistance by digitite: 10:13am On Aug 20, 2018
holuphisayor:
Since, its a multi-page site. All pages should have similar structure. i.e make the nav-menu available on other pages like about us.

You need to also get used to developer tools to fix padding and margin issues on your page.

BTW you can provide a codepen link to better understand your question.

Thank you for this insight. With time, I shall do better on the bolded.

Meanwhile, do you have a code or pattern to implement this : make the nav-menu available on other pages ?
Re: Web Development - Assistance by holuphisayor(m): 11:43am On Aug 20, 2018
digitite:

Thank you for this insight. With time, I shall do better on the bolded.

Meanwhile, do you have a code or pattern to implement this : make the nav-menu available on other pages ?
If I understand you. Just repeat the nav menu on other pages.

If that isn't the case then;

Create a www.repl.it link with the html, css and js and share with me.
Re: Web Development - Assistance by MrWondah(m): 1:23pm On Aug 20, 2018
Copy and paste the nav menu code on all the pages, or better still provide a codepen, git link.
Or snap your code and share the pix here
Re: Web Development - Assistance by ogunjobiolaide: 6:30pm On Aug 20, 2018
If u are using Php, u can create nav menu file n use include function to get it display on every page.
Re: Web Development - Assistance by digitite: 11:30am On Aug 24, 2018
Thank you guys for your contribution.
Re: Web Development - Assistance by jidotoni(m): 12:29pm On Aug 26, 2018
Contact me - Codegreenie on whatsapp. Happy to help

(1) (Reply)

Trojan Developer Urgently Needed For A Job / Airline Flight Schedules? / Php Programmers, Please Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.