Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

How To Correct "Write-protect" Error On SD Card. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Correct "Write-protect" Error On SD Card. (844 Views)

Tips To Protect Yourself From Laptop Radiation: / I Formatted The Wrong SD Card, How Can I Recover The Files Back? / How To Expand SD Card With SDATA Tool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Correct "Write-protect" Error On SD Card. by champeeon(m): 3:13pm On Aug 29, 2018
Hi guys, I have a 16gb SD card which suddenly stopped showing on my phone. I inserted it into a laptop and tried to format it but it showed me "write-protect".

I searches google and found the cmd command prompt. I have tried it but the SD card will still not format. I also saw a video of the lock and on in the SD card reader which I did but it is still not working.

Pls if you have experienced such and gotten a solution or you know someone who can help I'll greatly appreciate.
Also, I inserted the SD card into a small phone to format it but it did not display and when it does display it won't format.
Re: How To Correct "Write-protect" Error On SD Card. by geunik(m): 5:02pm On Aug 29, 2018
champeeon:
Hi guys, I have a 16gb SD card which suddenly stopped showing on my phone. I inserted it into a laptop and tried to format it but it showed me "write-protect".

I searches google and found the cmd command prompt. I have tried it but the SD card will still not format. I also saw a video of the lock and on in the SD card reader which I did but it is still not working.

Pls if you have experienced such and gotten a solution or you know someone who can help I'll greatly appreciate.
Also, I inserted the SD card into a small phone to format it but it did not display and when it does display it won't format.
Lol having same issue. Over two months now. Na to buy new one remain
Re: How To Correct "Write-protect" Error On SD Card. by champeeon(m): 11:56pm On Aug 29, 2018
geunik:

Lol having same issue. Over two months now. Na to buy new one remain

E dey pain me ni o... I got two memory card within two months.
Re: How To Correct "Write-protect" Error On SD Card. by geunik(m): 11:35pm On Aug 30, 2018
champeeon:

E dey pain me ni o... I got two memory card within two months.
My own lasted just one month. Fear of buying another one self is another thing entirely

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Convert Your TV Set To Computer Monitor(tutorial) / Available Neat HP Pavilion Dv6 Corei5 350gb, 2gb Dedicated 75k last / Clean Dell Core I5, 1tb, 4gb Ram. @ Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.