Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,216 members, 7,815,252 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Who Has An Appropriate Answer To This Question? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Has An Appropriate Answer To This Question? (399 Views)

Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / Tithe: Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze Again. Has This Question For Him / Reasons Financial Prosperity Doesn't Answer To Prayers Directly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has An Appropriate Answer To This Question? by TheUbermensch: 9:21pm On Sep 02, 2018
So I stumbled upon this question on a FB page minutes ago.

Not an atheist myself but it had me thinking.

You can't be held accountable for something you have no knowledge about. The reason why you don't dip your hand into fire is because you know it'd burn you, but before knowing you can always try it.

So I need possible smart answers please. No one should tell me "carnal mind cannot understand spiritual things" as that has become the slogan of dull bornagains.

Re: Who Has An Appropriate Answer To This Question? by dat9jaguy(m): 10:17pm On Sep 02, 2018
Simple instruction don't eat from that tree,and they just had to eat from it.
Disobedience to God is evil,so by extension they knew eating from it is evil.

1 Like

Re: Who Has An Appropriate Answer To This Question? by Shelumiel: 10:38pm On Sep 02, 2018
Adam and Eve knew good and evil(see Genesis3:2-3) , but they did not have knowledge (consciousness )of good and evil .

1 Like

Re: Who Has An Appropriate Answer To This Question? by MuttleyLaff: 11:35pm On Sep 02, 2018
TheUbermensch:
So I stumbled upon this question on a FB page minutes ago.

Not an atheist myself but it had me thinking.

You can't be held accountable for something you have no knowledge about.
The reason why you don't dip your hand into fire is because you know it'd burn you,
but before knowing you can always try it

So I need possible smart answers please.
No one should tell me "carnal mind cannot understand spiritual things" as that has become the slogan of dull bornagains.
To start with, you can be and would be held accountable for not being trustful,
for not believing Whom warned you and for having total disregard for what you were warned against doing

Knuckling down, I am not about making up, what the expression, the Tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil, means.

The original word used, instead of Good, in the original text is "Beautiful"
and equally, the original word used, instead of Evil, in the original text is "Adversity"

Before continuing, are you perchance, familiar with merisms?
Merism, is a figure of speech that has a combination of two contrasting words to refer to an entirety and all parts within each of the two words.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" is a merism
"Good evening ladies and gentlemen" is a merism

Well, the Tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil is an expression figure of speech, that too, is a merism.

Good, in the context used, is translated from a word, that means and typifies "Beautiful"
and Evil, in the context it is used, is translated from a word, that means and typifies "Adversity".

So its "Beautiful", as in, everything dandy and good
and its "Adversity", as in, every hardship, bad and ugly, difficult or unpleasant situation that possibly can happen.

Eating off the tree, will open the eater to experience several of parts of all that's "Beautiful" and all that's "Adversity"
Eater will experience and begin to judge between beautiful and adversity.

Will begin to tell, begin to see, begin to determine what is good times, what's bad times, what's pretty, what's ugly, what's etcetera
Essentially the whole shebang spectrum will unfold into the eater's world.

Eating off the Tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil,
will open the eater up, to experience several of parts of all that's "Beautiful" and all that's "Adversity"

All that's "Adversity", is, as it were, like opening a Pandora Box, of some sort.

Adam and Eve, ate the fruit, for the sake of having the experience.
Case of, if you've never tasted a bad apple, you would never appreciate a good apple.
If you've never put your hand into a fire, you wouldnt fully appreciate a hand that's never being put into a fire

No one complains over a defective Microsoft word document(s), when it is the normal.dot file template, its composed from, that's corrupted.
The defective Microsoft word documents gets fixed, by repairing the corrupted/damaged normal.dot file template

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed Urgently / Nigerians Engage In Warfare Prayers As Turbulence Hit Airplane (VIDEO) / DOES THIS DESCRIBE YOU???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.