Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Blog Backlinks: The Difference Between Dofollow And Nofollow Links - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Blog Backlinks: The Difference Between Dofollow And Nofollow Links (1345 Views)

Backlinks The Surest Strategy To Optimize Your Website SEO / How To Add Nofollow Links To Your Blog Posts And Increase Page Ranks / How Dofollow And Nofollow Tag Works ( What You Need To Know As A Blogger) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blog Backlinks: The Difference Between Dofollow And Nofollow Links by SEONaijaExpert: 1:54am On Sep 11, 2018
Do dofollow backlinks help the rank website SEO?

Every link that points to a webpage of a website gives that page an . However, whether that page can get this boost or not depends on the type of the link that points to it, i.e., whether it is a DoFollow link or a NoFollow link. In the following, we’d like to give you some basics about NoFollow links and DoFollow links.

A DoFollow link allows the spider of your search engine to crawl your link. This adds points to the SEO of the website and effectively increases its ranking.

A NoFollow link does not allow the spiders of your search engine to crawl the link. As a result, such links do not contribute to the SEO of a website. Both DoFollow and NoFollow links are visible to users and can be clicked to navigate to the page that readers want to see.

DoFollow Links

These are the normal hyperlinks that allow the search engines to follow through them. They contribute greatly in the calculation of a website’s rankings. The greater the good DoFollow links are, the higher a website’s ranking can be.

The default links created in HTML without setting the “rel” attribute to “nofollow” are all DoFollow links. Having such links allows your website to be indexed faster. You can get more exposure for your website because more and more people can link to it. Also, because of the , your website can be considered to be a more reputable one.

NoFollow Links

NoFollow links do not allow search engines to follow through the links. Such links are created by setting the “rel” attribute of the hyperlink to “nofollow”. All NoFollow links are not considered to calculate a website’s ranking.

However, this type of links is beneficial when reducing spam-indexing, for they are not counted in search engine results.

There are two ways in which NoFollow links can be created – using Robots Meta Tag or Link Attribute. The Robots Meta Tag tells the spiders and crawlers not to follow any of the links on your entire page. The Link Attribute is used when you want to tell the search engine not to consider a particular link while calculating the website’s ranking.

Since the inception of NoFollow link, it has made it easier for the search engines to know exactly which links are worth following and which ones are not. Consequently, the results produced by the search engine are much better.

How to Decide Whether to Use a DoFollow or NoFollow Link?

Webmasters must use NoFollow and DoFollow links wisely for the best SEO. Certain situations require you to use NoFollow links as opposed to DoFollow links.

Following are situations when it is advisable to go with a NoFollow link for Bloggers

Comments – Comments posted by visitors on your blog can be vague and sometimes inconsequential. There is no use having a search engine crawl through these words.

Forums – Forums get many posts in them, and many of these posts are irrelevant and can be considered as spam.

Untrusted Content – A NoFollow link should be created if the content that the link leads to is considered to be non-trusted by Google.

Non-Indexed Pages – There are sometimes pages on your website that you don’t want to be displayed publicly. Therefore, they should also not appear in the search engine results.

A DoFollow link must certainly be used in the following cases.

Links to posts with original, up-to-date and informative content.

Links to guest blogs – Such links created to guest blogs whose content is related to your website can get referral traffic to your site and give the SEO a boost.

https://howshosting.com/basics-about-nofollow-dofollow-link/

2 Likes

Re: Blog Backlinks: The Difference Between Dofollow And Nofollow Links by SEONaijaExpert: 1:54am On Sep 11, 2018
I was talking to a blogger yesterday on phone about the type of links needed for her blog. Surprisingly she has never heard of dofollow and nofollow links before and I'm sure she's not alone as many bloggers doesn't know the difference but this post should help clarify that.

Let me quickly add these:

Paid Links
Many bloggers buy backlinks from seoclerks, fiverr and whatnot, those links are not healthy for your blogs. Those are automated. You cannot know which of the websites giving you the backlink is banned or blacklisted on any search engine. Also in most cases you can indeed go up in ranking but come down the same way within a limited time. Not all links are good links.

In regards, the best type is the manual link building method. It could take time and can be quiet expensive but those are the healthy ones. It's like being in control.

Link building takes time generally and it's a must for all blogs and websites except you're not concerned about your search engine ranking and domain authority.

PS: You can pm for proper guide to build your blog link manually.

Forum links
I will use Nairaland as an example. This forum gives dofollow backlinks (bloggers should thank Seun for that) and it's healthy. It actually can contribute its boost to your blog's DA. Link from forums like Nairaland are easily recognized in SERP, hence just one link is enough for the dofollow link juice.

That's to say if you're posting your link everywhere on this forum, as far as Google is concerned it's considered as link spamming. In a simple language, too much of link juice from a single IP address/URL is dangerous to your blog/website. I know this might be the first time you're knowing this, it's a professional advice I'd like to give.

Till I post again on blog related topics,

#BlogWithSoul

4 Likes

Re: Blog Backlinks: The Difference Between Dofollow And Nofollow Links by Nobody: 5:10am On Sep 11, 2018
SEONaijaExpert:
I was talking to a blogger yesterday on phone about the type of links needed for her blog. Surprisingly she has never heard of dofollow and nofollow links before and I'm sure she's not alone as many bloggers doesn't know the difference but this post should help clarify that.

Let me quickly add these:

Paid Links
Many bloggers buy backlinks from seoclerks, fiverr and whatnot, those links are not healthy for your blogs. Those are automated. You cannot know which of the websites giving you the backlink is banned or blacklisted on any search engine. Also in most cases you can indeed go up in ranking but come down the same way within a limited time. Not all links are good links.

In regards, the best type is the manual link building method. It could take time and can be quiet expensive but those are the healthy ones. It's like being in control.

Link building takes time generally and it's a must for all blogs and websites except you're not concerned about your search engine ranking and domain authority.

PS: You can pm for proper guide to build your blog link manually.

Forum links
I will use Nairaland as an example. This forum gives dofollow backlinks (bloggers should thank Seun for that) and it's healthy. It actually can contribute its boost to your blog's DA. Link from forums like Nairaland are easily recognized in SERP, hence just one link is enough for the dofollow link juice.

That's to say if you're posting your link everywhere on this forum, as far as Google is concerned it's considered as link spamming. In a simple language, too much of link juice from a single IP address/URL is dangerous to your blog/website. I know this might be the first time you're knowing this, it's a professional advice I'd like to give.

Till I post again on blog related topics,

#BlogWithSoul
Thanks for that pointer! cool
Re: Blog Backlinks: The Difference Between Dofollow And Nofollow Links by Cyberl33t: 7:00am On Sep 11, 2018
Just 3 edu backlinks (do follow) is currently doing the seo magic for me
Re: Blog Backlinks: The Difference Between Dofollow And Nofollow Links by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 11, 2018
Cyberl33t:
Just 3 edu backlinks (do follow) is currently doing the seo magic for me
Google does not accord importance to .Edu back links any more, according to Google's John Muller, as webmasters are now using it to spam the system.
Re: Blog Backlinks: The Difference Between Dofollow And Nofollow Links by Ekuru: 8:42am On Sep 11, 2018
This is a good read. I barely know the differences between dofollow and nofollow when i started. Thanks OP for the points made. Lalasticlala might want to see this.
Re: Blog Backlinks: The Difference Between Dofollow And Nofollow Links by Cyberl33t: 10:26am On Sep 11, 2018
questechie:

Google does not accord importance to .Edu back links any more, according to Google's John Muller, as webmasters are now using it to spam the system.
But it's working for me na... Uxpect google to tell you the truth? Or don't u know that getting backlink from a 10yrs old website increases ur DA? U need to read more about seo.
Re: Blog Backlinks: The Difference Between Dofollow And Nofollow Links by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 11, 2018
Cyberl33t:

But it's working for me na... Uxpect google to tell you the truth? Or don't u know that getting backlink from a 10yrs old website increases ur DA? U need to read more about seo.
I know more about SEO than you think.
Re: Blog Backlinks: The Difference Between Dofollow And Nofollow Links by abdeiz(m): 8:28am On Jan 12, 2019
Wow...I never knew there any thing called dofollow and nofollow links. I'm new to SEO and concerning the link building process, the only logical process I could think was as you already mentioned building your links slowly.

But I keep getting confused by this backlink of a thing, how does one do it?

Cc questechie
Cc SEOnaijaexpert
Re: Blog Backlinks: The Difference Between Dofollow And Nofollow Links by Sanchez01: 9:50am On Jan 12, 2019
questechie:

Whatever you think you read should be disregarded..edu and .gov links remain crucial to ranking easily. If you try auto seo tools or promotions, SEM and co will link your site to .edu sites with high PRs.

It was reported at a point that some persons within Google claimed backlink isn't crucial to ranking anymore because the algorithms determining this changed. But guess what? They were wrong.
Re: Blog Backlinks: The Difference Between Dofollow And Nofollow Links by melanch(m): 10:51am On Jan 12, 2019
A mixture of dofollow and nofollow links are needed for seo boost. They’re very important for the long-term growth of a site. It is also important to balance these link types.
If all your links are only dofollow, Google will see those links as manipulative and spammy.

Again, I still believe Edu and Gov still work wonders.
Re: Blog Backlinks: The Difference Between Dofollow And Nofollow Links by SEONaijaExpert: 1:46pm On Jan 13, 2019
abdeiz:
Wow...I never knew there any thing called dofollow and nofollow links. I'm new to SEO and concerning the link building process, the only logical process I could think was as you already mentioned building your links slowly.

But I keep getting confused by this backlink of a thing, how does one do it?

Cc questec.hie
Cc SEOnaijaexpert
Building backlinks isn't an easy and magical process. It's steady and effective approach that works best. As you for toward it, patience is key if you want genuine and juicy links.

First you must understand that NOBODY is ready to give you juicy link for free, almost every DA45-100 dofollow link blogger or web owner is aware of tricks which users might use to generate these links, so here comes the work of SEO experts that knows their onions.

Something's these links are given via your network and connection with other bloggers, either via mentions or guest postings. Sometimes, you wrote some really good contents are some high DA blog or web will reference you. I've enjoyed all forms of link building but these mentioned isn't easy to get.

Also, you could find a real link builder that can generate dofollow links to balance the many nofollow that you already have (yes, we always have many nofollow links than dofollow). I don't mean spammy links or links from blacklisted sites or IP addresses. It's a lot of work and patience is key if you're engaging someone.

In summary, you can be patient enough to work hard and get these links or you fasten your journey by paying someone to do it. By default, it takes at least a month for most dofollow links to mature. I don't need to talk about the importance of backlinks anymore, guess you know that. You can start building those links if you want to go through the process.
Re: Blog Backlinks: The Difference Between Dofollow And Nofollow Links by netsurfer01(m): 2:16pm On Jan 13, 2019
Really great stuff in here.. Thanks!
Re: Blog Backlinks: The Difference Between Dofollow And Nofollow Links by abdeiz(m): 3:43pm On Jan 13, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:

Building backlinks isn't an easy and magical process. It's steady and effective approach that works best. As you for toward it, patience is key if you want genuine and juicy links.

First you must understand that NOBODY is ready to give you juicy link for free, almost every DA45-100 dofollow link blogger or web owner is aware of tricks which users might use to generate these links, so here comes the work of SEO experts that knows their onions.

Something's these links are given via your network and connection with other bloggers, either via mentions or guest postings. Sometimes, you wrote some really good contents are some high DA blog or web will reference you. I've enjoyed all forms of link building but these mentioned isn't easy to get.

Also, you could find a real link builder that can generate dofollow links to balance the many nofollow that you already have (yes, we always have many nofollow links than dofollow). I don't mean spammy links or links from blacklisted sites or IP addresses. It's a lot of work and patience is key if you're engaging someone.

In summary, you can be patient enough to work hard and get these links or you fasten your journey by paying someone to do it. By default, it takes at least a month for most dofollow links to mature. I don't need to talk about the importance of backlinks anymore, guess you know that. You can start building those links if you want to go through the process.

Is it me am I just lucky to meet someone as knowledgeable as you. It's hard to find someone so willing to give insights to such type of knowledge.

I really appreciate the effort ..and will duly take my time to put to work immediately your advise.

I hope others can learn too.
Re: Blog Backlinks: The Difference Between Dofollow And Nofollow Links by SEONaijaExpert: 7:14am On Jan 14, 2019
abdeiz:

Is it me am I just lucky to meet someone as knowledgeable as you. It's hard to find someone so willing to give insights to such type of knowledge.

I really appreciate the effort ..and will duly take my time to put to work immediately your advise.

I hope others can learn too.
Thank you. Let me know as you progress on this.
Re: Blog Backlinks: The Difference Between Dofollow And Nofollow Links by TechCapon(m): 8:44pm On Jan 17, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:

I'll like to do seo for my site
Re: Blog Backlinks: The Difference Between Dofollow And Nofollow Links by SEONaijaExpert: 12:01am On Jan 18, 2019
TechCapon:
I'll like to do seo for my site
We can always discuss our terms anytime you're ready.
Re: Blog Backlinks: The Difference Between Dofollow And Nofollow Links by SageTravels: 12:52am On Jan 24, 2019
SEONaijaExpert:
Do dofollow backlinks help the rank website SEO?

Every link that points to a webpage of a website gives that page an . However, whether that page can get this boost or not depends on the type of the link that points to it, i.e., whether it is a DoFollow link or a NoFollow link. In the following, we’d like to give you some basics about NoFollow links and DoFollow links.

A DoFollow link allows the spider of your search engine to crawl your link. This adds points to the SEO of the website and effectively increases its ranking.

A NoFollow link does not allow the spiders of your search engine to crawl the link. As a result, such links do not contribute to the SEO of a website. Both DoFollow and NoFollow links are visible to users and can be clicked to navigate to the page that readers want to see.

DoFollow Links

These are the normal hyperlinks that allow the search engines to follow through them. They contribute greatly in the calculation of a website’s rankings. The greater the good DoFollow links are, the higher a website’s ranking can be.

The default links created in HTML without setting the “rel” attribute to “nofollow” are all DoFollow links. Having such links allows your website to be indexed faster. You can get more exposure for your website because more and more people can link to it. Also, because of the , your website can be considered to be a more reputable one.

NoFollow Links

NoFollow links do not allow search engines to follow through the links. Such links are created by setting the “rel” attribute of the hyperlink to “nofollow”. All NoFollow links are not considered to calculate a website’s ranking.

However, this type of links is beneficial when reducing spam-indexing, for they are not counted in search engine results.

There are two ways in which NoFollow links can be created – using Robots Meta Tag or Link Attribute. The Robots Meta Tag tells the spiders and crawlers not to follow any of the links on your entire page. The Link Attribute is used when you want to tell the search engine not to consider a particular link while calculating the website’s ranking.

Since the inception of NoFollow link, it has made it easier for the search engines to know exactly which links are worth following and which ones are not. Consequently, the results produced by the search engine are much better.

How to Decide Whether to Use a DoFollow or NoFollow Link?

Webmasters must use NoFollow and DoFollow links wisely for the best SEO. Certain situations require you to use NoFollow links as opposed to DoFollow links.

Following are situations when it is advisable to go with a NoFollow link for Bloggers

Comments – Comments posted by visitors on your blog can be vague and sometimes inconsequential. There is no use having a search engine crawl through these words.

Forums – Forums get many posts in them, and many of these posts are irrelevant and can be considered as spam.

Untrusted Content – A NoFollow link should be created if the content that the link leads to is considered to be non-trusted by Google.

Non-Indexed Pages – There are sometimes pages on your website that you don’t want to be displayed publicly. Therefore, they should also not appear in the search engine results.

A DoFollow link must certainly be used in the following cases.

Links to posts with original, up-to-date and informative content.

Links to guest blogs – Such links created to guest blogs whose content is related to your website can get referral traffic to your site and give the SEO a boost.

https://howshosting.com/basics-about-nofollow-dofollow-link/

I would like to do a real SEO for my blog. I am blog about Travel and Tourism ( Sagetravels.com ) is the blog name. to be frank with you all, it pains me after writing a good article and some of these top sites will just sit on top of Google first page without any content that is relevant. for instance if you search for Lagos to Abuja flight, you will see lots of posts. most of them are not relevant. we that have content about it are no way near. I have seen lots of people talk about seo and I have been playing I don't care because I don't want to do anything that will harm my blog. however, I am ready to do a real seo not spamming to improve my blog.

Seonaijaexpert I need your help.

(1) (Reply)

Www.diakrinotraining.com Is It Real ? / Xrummer And Scrapebox Help / Jquery Slideshow Vs Flash Pro, Which Do You Prefer And Reasons.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.