Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Integrity As A Core Value - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Integrity As A Core Value (449 Views)

The Role Of Integrity In Individual / Display Of High Level Of Integrity. / My Father Was A Man Of Integrity -- Ike Achebe. By Izunna Okafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Integrity As A Core Value by ValourDigest(m): 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2018
Amongst values, integrity stands strong. There is a saying, “Success will come and go, but Integrity is forever”. Integrity is therefore a firm adherence to do the right things at all times and in all circumstances, whether or not anyone is watching.

Integrity as a word was first used in the 14th century by the middle French and Latin, pronounced “Integritat”. It is from the word Integer- meaning “a complete entity”. Integrity is therefore a value that takes courage to espouse because it might come with consequences that one must bear, but the bearer is vindicated and justified no matter how long it tarries at the end.

More so, building a reputation of integrity takes years, but it takes only a second to lose, I therefore implore people to avoid whatever that would jeopardize their integrity. There is always one thousand and one excuse not to show Integrity, but it is simply one’s choice. We should not allow evil, immorality, villainy or iniquity to cloud our judgment. We should rather embrace and give honesty, decency, probity, morality, righteousness, rectitude and other virtues a chance to move ourselves and nation forward.

Read more at; https://valourdigest.com/integrity-as-a-core-value/

(1) (Reply)

The Religious Traditions In Africa Are Frauds-read For The TRUTH / Do I Call A Woman Who Is 5 Years Older Than Me Aunty? / Coconut In Urhobo (ukokodia Evun Urhobo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.