Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,658 members, 7,813,220 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

How To Install Redhat Linux On Windows Using Vmware - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Install Redhat Linux On Windows Using Vmware (1933 Views)

Help: Internet Modem Configuration On RedHat Linux / Logon To Windows Using Your Usb Flash Drive [dongle] / Using Redhat Linux 9.3 --squid Server With Webcam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Install Redhat Linux On Windows Using Vmware by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:15pm On Jul 03, 2010
Ok so I am a newbie to using Linux but I want to learn, I already got a copy of redhat. I know I need vmare but thats where I am stuck I looked and saw different types of vmware. I need help pls.
Re: How To Install Redhat Linux On Windows Using Vmware by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:02pm On Jul 05, 2010
I did some digging and perhaps I can achieve what I want with virtual box, can anyone also tell me if ubuntu would do the same thing as redhat? I want to run oracle on it. LINUX gurus please help!
Re: How To Install Redhat Linux On Windows Using Vmware by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:11pm On Jul 05, 2010
i guess it will
and u can also use a VM in ubuntu
Re: How To Install Redhat Linux On Windows Using Vmware by Mobinga: 8:02pm On Jul 05, 2010
How many CDS did ur RedHat come with
Re: How To Install Redhat Linux On Windows Using Vmware by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:15pm On Jul 05, 2010
@chris, the vmware you need is vmware workstation but virtualbox can provide the same functionality. I suggest you rather not waste your money buying redhat from the market, cos apart from the fake edition number (i think they sell 9 point something) the edition you're buying is usually a very old one. There current edition is 6 beta (don't know if the stable is out now). I suggest you order not buy an ubuntu cd from their website and it will delivered to your doorstep totally free of charge. The latest edition is 10.04 lucid lynx.

(1) (Reply)

Dell XPS 13 Core I7, 1TB Hard Disk, 16GB Ram, Full Specifications / New Ransomware Threatens To Send Your Internet History & Private Pics To Friends / Very Neat UK Used HP Elitebook 8460p Laptop For Sale @60k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.