Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,454 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Can Any Mathematician In The Room Solve This Linear Programming Problem? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can Any Mathematician In The Room Solve This Linear Programming Problem? (1002 Views)

Photo: See How A Mathematician Proved 0 Divided By 0 Equals 2 / Duality Theory In Linear Programming And Application / Gurus In The House How Can I Solve This Linear Programming? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Any Mathematician In The Room Solve This Linear Programming Problem? by Timsezeh(m): 1:31pm On Jul 08, 2010
Maximise: Z= 4x1 + 6x2
Subject to: x1 – 3x2 ≥ 8
2x1 + x2 ≥ 0
5x1 + 3x2 ≥ 45
X1 > 0 , x2 ≥ 0
Re: Can Any Mathematician In The Room Solve This Linear Programming Problem? by snowdrops(m): 3:36pm On Jul 08, 2010
x= -1

please ignore just kidding
Re: Can Any Mathematician In The Room Solve This Linear Programming Problem? by volasunkan: 1:12am On Jul 09, 2010
SNOWDROPS
simple maths like this,u no fit solve,infact,u must come to nairaland school tomorrow with your mummy.

, (sings for you) olodo rabata,oju eja lo mo je,oo ni loo paper,silati lo ma lo,a jiyon wo,eba tutu lo mo je.
, snowdrops,my son,i sent you to school,u dony know how to maths. shocked
Re: Can Any Mathematician In The Room Solve This Linear Programming Problem? by snowdrops(m): 8:32am On Jul 09, 2010
volasunkan:

SNOWDROPS
simple maths like this,u no fit solve,infact,u must come to nairaland school tomorrow with your mummy.

, (sings for you) olodo rabata,oju eja lo mo je,oo ni loo paper,silati lo ma lo,a jiyon wo,eba tutu lo mo je.
, snowdrops,my son,i sent you to school,u dony know how to maths. shocked
OK now. Agreed i no know maths.

Tell us the answer Mr Professor. grin
Re: Can Any Mathematician In The Room Solve This Linear Programming Problem? by ishmael(m): 10:20am On Jul 09, 2010
I'm ready to solve it, but how much will you pay?
Re: Can Any Mathematician In The Room Solve This Linear Programming Problem? by funmi2010: 3:06pm On Jul 09, 2010
Thats not for Jambites, right? Its like a 400 level exam question!
Re: Can Any Mathematician In The Room Solve This Linear Programming Problem? by ishmael(m): 3:21pm On Jul 09, 2010
Timsezeh:

Maximise: Z= 4x1 + 6x2
Subject to: x1 – 3x2 ≥ 8
2x1 + x2 ≥ 0
5x1 + 3x2 ≥ 45
X1 > 0 , x2 ≥ 0

If i may ask, what level are you now? This LP problem requires you to use the big M method or Revised simplex method to solve it. I hope you know those methods?
Re: Can Any Mathematician In The Room Solve This Linear Programming Problem? by Timsezeh(m): 8:28am On Jul 10, 2010
@funmi2010 and ishmael, you both are right. can you help me? I've being trying to solve it for days now but i'm not getting it right.
Re: Can Any Mathematician In The Room Solve This Linear Programming Problem? by Marhoski(m): 12:36pm On Jul 10, 2010
:os
Re: Can Any Mathematician In The Room Solve This Linear Programming Problem? by Marhoski(m): 12:37pm On Jul 10, 2010
never seen a maths like this
Re: Can Any Mathematician In The Room Solve This Linear Programming Problem? by volasunkan: 12:53am On Jul 11, 2010
@snowdrops,wait let me get my mortar and pestle to "pound" the life-threatening maths.

@ ismael,abeg pity d guy,d guy may turn out to be ur protege,@ poster,make u dobale and beg ishmael well well,person wey u meet for aba ni baba,whoever can solve this maths is above percuniary gains,if na project,make u acknowledge him and mail him a copy.ishmael i hail oh.
Re: Can Any Mathematician In The Room Solve This Linear Programming Problem? by ishmael(m): 5:13pm On Jul 14, 2010
it's a complex LP problem. I'm too busy with work now, but i will try and look for time to solve it. Take kia.
Re: Can Any Mathematician In The Room Solve This Linear Programming Problem? by cruworld(m): 6:47pm On Jul 14, 2010
I don't know what is Linear Programming but because of you, i checked my my mentor which is http://www.wikipedia.com and i found something u might be interested with. link is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_programming

Example

Suppose that a farmer has a piece of farm land, say A square kilometres large, to be planted with either wheat or barley or some combination of the two. The farmer has a limited permissible amount F of fertilizer and P of insecticide which can be used, each of which is required in different amounts per unit area for wheat (F1, P1) and barley (F2, P2). Let S1 be the selling price of wheat, and S2 the price of barley. If we denote the area planted with wheat and barley by x1 and x2 respectively, then the optimal number of square kilometres to plant with wheat vs barley can be expressed as a linear programming problem:

Maximize: S1x1 + S2x2 (maximize the revenue — revenue is the "objective function"wink
Subject to: x1 + x2 ≤ A (limit on total area)
F1x1 + F2x2 ≤ F (limit on fertilizer)
P1x1 + P2x2 ≤ P (limit on insecticide)
x1 ≥ 0, x2 ≥ 0 (cannot plant a negative area).

Which in matrix form becomes:

(1) (Reply)

Yaba Colledge Of Technology / CRUNCHHENRY IS A REAL SCAMMER,SCAMMING FUTO APPLICANTS / Senator Annie Okonkwo Is Giving Scholarship To Anambra Indegenes For Abroad/nig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.