Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

"Desolate" - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Desolate" (263 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Desolate" by ImaginatorGold: 5:01pm On Sep 29, 2018
* A Short Story*

If you don't like what you are, just picture who you wanna be, Just live without me, I love you... that was My best friend's words to me as he passed away in my hands.

I wept bitterly because he was the only one who has been there fore me and the cause of his death is so disheartening. He was my best friend, he was my boyfriend.

My life is so complicated, you don't wanna imagine. my mum is a single mother, my dad left us when I was just 6 months and we heard nothing about him no more. My mum is the busiest person I have ever known, am her only child but she never seems to care, her work is her life, she would never trade a day with me for work.

All my mum knows is talk about me having good grades, wearing latest clothes and money, and how we can't wait for me to be married to her Boss's son. "Am busy making money for your future, am building your future for you Baby, I know what's best". that's the longest she has ever told me. Weird? I know right.

Sometimes I feel like she just hated me but I get to think of it again,I dont lack money, I don't lack cars, I don't lack any damn thing but love and companion is out of it.

I appreciate all of her efforts, her gifts, her wealth and all but its not enough. She doesn't even know me has never made an attempt too except emphasizing on every of my Birthday through an SMS that am gonna get married to her Boss's son immediately after my 18th birthday to close up their deal. I really find that hilarious and absurd but I never knew she meant it. I was brought up by our nanny, she tried reaching out to me when i was a kid but i didn't like her because she was sleeping with my lesson teacher and the grocery guy too, i caught them several times. I wanted to tell my mum but she would never let me talk. On my 14th birthday, she ran away with my mum's money, her gold and some of my clothes, my mum didn't even care... and ever since I was lonely till I met him.

It was all like a dream, we met online through Instagram. In fact, I had responded to a post on one of my favorite artist's page, he liked my comment and followed me. Months later, I put up a post and he liked it, direct messaged me. We then talked on the phone a bit and had a real chemistry.

Several months together as friends we did stuffs together, went shopping, watched movies, kissed, made out *winks* and hung out, it finally just happened that we started dating and he become my boyfriend. He was the best thing I ever had, he enrolled close to my college because his parents couldn't afford to pay for tuition of my own college, I didn't care, I loved him like that, we started seeing so often and he came over to my place a lot to keep my company but few times my mum was around, she was always against our relationship and called him names cos he was poor and she believed he was just trying to steal her money from me.

Now, he's dead, my mum is home, she's here but not even here, all she does is call, call and type on her PC all day, mocking me and saying she did the best for me and she's planning me engagement already with a devil i have never even met. My boyfriend is gone, my confidant is gone, my best friend is gone, he was all i had, he knew me more than my mother did.

And now, On my 18th birthday, He's gone, he slipped away from me, death took him away. My Mum took him away from me, SHE KILLED HIM, SHE POISONED HIM. I am writing this because I KILLED MY MUM TOO and am going to meet Derek wherever he is, i hope you find LOVE too.

-The End.

Please Comment and review will be appreciated. Thanks for reading �❤.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Downs / Copywriting: The Life Blood Of Every Business / Colourless Rainbow - Episode 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.