Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Let's Retire Buhari In 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Retire Buhari In 2019 (889 Views)

Atiku's Aide Fires Back At Oshiomhole, Says Atiku Will Retire Buhari To Daura / I Will Retire Buhari And Atiku Obey Ezekwesili / 2019: ANN Vows To Retire Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Retire Buhari In 2019 by gentlegenius(m): 6:01am On Oct 01, 2018
Fellow Nigerians,
A happy independence greetings to you all...
This is not about political party affiliation, neither is it by tribal and religious sentiments; but this is a wake up call for those who meant well for Nigeria and those who love Buhari to rise up and do the right thing in 2019.
Most of us in this forum were not born when Buhari first ruled Nigeria in the early 80s. We don't know how well he managed the country then, but from what we've seen so far in his first 3 years in office as a democratically elected president, we completely understand what a great leader Buhari is.
Perhaps the army retired Buhari when he actually wasn't tired, that's why ever since democracy resurfaced in 1999, he has been frequently seeking a chance to rule Nigeria again. The chance finally came in 2015 and he grabbed it with both hands. So far, he's been a wonderful leader and we Nigerians applaud him, but great leaders don't just know how to lead well, they also know when to bow out. Renowned leaders like Abraham Lincoln, John Kennedy, Nelson Mandela etc bow out when the ovation was still loud. As a great leader that Buhari is, he would have loved to bow out in 2019, but we know that the desperate cabals around him are the ones urging him to continue so that they can continue to masturbate themselves in the corridors of power and remain protected from being made to pay for their sins at least for another 4 years. Buhari himself knows that he's no longer strong (mentally and physically) to face the challenges of ruling the present day Nigeria, but the greedy cabals around him are so desperate to dance with him for the next 4 years.
Our people do say that "when a masquerade dances for too long, he turns to a human being." But because we love our country and we love Buhari, we won't let him dance for too long, because once the music stops, the cabals dancing around him will be the first to leave the stage, leaving Buhari to dance alone to music that no longer exist. "He who loves his masquerade will not watch his masquerade dancing naked at the market Square". This is why we must help Buhari to bow out now that the ovation is still loud.
Yes... The ovation is still loud now that fuel is 145 naira, even though Buhari promised to reduce it to 45 naira per litre...
The ovation is still loud now that 1 dollar is about 364 naira, even though Buhari promised to make a naira equal to a dollar...
The ovation is still loud now that the minimum wage is still 18k even though Buhari promised to increase it...
The ovation is still loud now that Nigeria is the world's poverty capital and unemployment has increased to the highest level ever even though Buhari promised to create 3 million jobs...
The ovation is still loud now that Nigeria keep rising high in the world corruption rating even though Buhari is fighting corruption...
The ovation is still loud now that Nigeria spends 2.4 billion Naira everyday to subsidise fuel even though Buhari promised to remove fuel subsidy...
The ovation is still loud now that Nigeria's debt profile stands at a staggering 22 trillion even though Buhari took over when it was 10 trillion 3 years ago.
This might sound sarcastic but when you imagine how Nigeria will be after 8 years of Buhari's leadership based on what we've seen in just 3 years, you'll understand why the ovation is loud now.
We understand so well that Buhari is a man of integrity and we accept all the excuses Buhari and APC had given for not being able to give us the change they promised. We agree with them that PDP messed up the country for 16 years and that stopped Buhari from delivering his campaign promises, but posterity will not forgive us if we let 16 years of ruin turn out to be 24 years for our dear country, hence we must retire Buhari. Nigerians have had enough of Buhari and Buhari has had enough of Nigerians.
Retiring Buhari in 2019 is a national assignment that anyone who claims to love this country must be ready to take. Even though we know that retiring a great leader like Buhari at the polls is not the most honorable step to take, but if this is what we must do to help our dear country and help our great leader, then patriotism demands that we do it.

Once again, HAPPY INDEPENDENCE to those who still have reasons to celebrate!

2 Likes

Re: Let's Retire Buhari In 2019 by richeso: 2:52pm On Oct 01, 2018
am with you. like today now, go to the streets, no one is even acting as if today is Independence day
Re: Let's Retire Buhari In 2019 by Cajal(m): 3:07pm On Oct 01, 2018
Are u the one to replace him
Or other set of looters... Recycle dust bin
Re: Let's Retire Buhari In 2019 by cpu2006(m): 3:10pm On Oct 01, 2018
even though, if opposition party win, INEC will declare it inconclusive. Dont disturb your self Apc will win 2019 presidential election. INCONCLUSIVE IS THE CODE NOW
Re: Let's Retire Buhari In 2019 by Newbiee: 3:13pm On Oct 01, 2018
You and who?
Abeg Baba till 2023 jare!
Re: Let's Retire Buhari In 2019 by SternProphet: 4:52pm On Oct 01, 2018
If you continue like this we will keep him there till 2023. For now, nobody is qualified. Face reality, the man is going to win with a landslide.
Sai Baba
Re: Let's Retire Buhari In 2019 by gentlegenius(m): 7:03pm On Oct 01, 2018
SternProphet:
If you continue like this we will keep him there till 2023. For now, nobody is qualified. Face reality, the man is going to win with a landslide.
Sai Baba
Newbiee:
You and who?
Abeg Baba till 2023 jare!
Cajal:
Are u the one to replace him
Or other set of looters... Recycle dust bin
It baffles me how right thinking people will support mediocrity and expect a man that has clearly failed in office to continue ruling this country.
When I said that buhari failed woefully in office, I said it with facts, not sentiments... In advance countries of the world, people vote for candidates based on what they promised to do. So you can only judge your leaders using their campaign promises as a yard stick.
The second pix above listed the campaign promises of Buhari which you guys have heard most if not all of them from buhari and the APC. But it surprises me that none of you argued that buhari has kept any of those promises. None of you could come up with your own facts to show us why buhari deserve to continue in office. You just have the blind believe that buhari is the only right man to lead Nigeria. Most of you believe he should keep ruling just because his opponents are not Saints, and not because he has succeeded in office. You people forgot that buhari himself wasn't a saint when won against GEJ in 2015. The fact that he has failed election 3 times before 2015 showed that Nigerian didn't see him as the messiah, he was only lucky to be the main opposition to GEJ whom Nigerians were tired of. Most of the votes that got buhari into office were votes AGAINST GEJ, and not votes FOR buhari.
Though I personally don't hate buhari but for all the facts I stated above, I think this is the right time for him to retire. If you think otherwise, then drop all sentiments aside and state your own reasons with facts.
Re: Let's Retire Buhari In 2019 by SuperStriker: 7:33pm On Oct 01, 2018
gentlegenius:

It baffles me how right thinking people will support mediocrity and expect a man that has clearly failed in office to continue ruling this country.
When I said that buhari failed woefully in office, I said it with facts, not sentiments... In advance countries of the world, people vote for candidates based on what they promised to do. So you can only judge your leaders using their campaign promises as a yard stick.
The second pix above listed the campaign promises of Buhari which you guys have heard most if not all of them from buhari and the APC. But it surprises me that none of you argued that buhari has kept any of those promises. None of you could come up with your own facts to show us why buhari deserve to continue in office. You just have the blind believe that buhari is the only right man to lead Nigeria. Most of you believe he should keep ruling just because his opponents are not Saints, and not because he has succeeded in office. You people forgot that buhari himself wasn't a saint when won against GEJ in 2015. The fact that he has failed election 3 times before 2015 showed that Nigerian didn't see him as the messiah, he was only lucky to be the main opposition to GEJ whom Nigerians were tired of. Most of the votes that got buhari into office were votes AGAINST GEJ, and not votes FOR buhari.
Though I personally don't hate buhari but for all the facts I stated above, I think this is the right time for him to retire. If you think otherwise, then drop all sentiments aside and state your own reasons with facts.

Most Buharideens are eediots and they don't reason well. Don't expect them to understand you or argue intelligently.

They are zombies reason why they scream Sai Baba day and night.

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Release Video Of His Aspirations And Vision He Have For Nigeria / Ebonyi State Governor Goofed On Peter Obi / Kano Gov Bribery Scandal : See The New Face Of The 100 Dollar Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.