Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker (18238 Views)

Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) / VIDEO: Dubai’s Smart Trees Have Wifi And Can Charge Your Phone / The Right Way To Charge Your Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by Revolva(m): 8:27am On Oct 12, 2018
You’re about to head out the door, but your phone desperately needs some extra juice before you leave. Thankfully, you can charge your phone faster … if you can separate truth from myth. If you remember your high school physics, electricity is measured in watts, which is a product of voltage (in the number of volts) and current (in the number of amps). Some chargers supply more voltage or amperage than others, meaning they will charge your phone faster (as long as your phone supports it — it will draw only as much power as it knows it can handle). Here are some guidelines to follow to charge your phone as fast as possible.

Plug Into the Wall, Not a PC

Your laptop may be close by, but if you want to charge your phone as fast as possible, you’ll want to plug it into a wall outlet. The USB ports on your PC will charge your phone but may be rated for only 0.5 amps, compared to the one-amp (or higher) charger that came with your phone. So go find that charging brick and plug your phone into a wall outlet instead.

Use a High-Amperage Charger

Not all chargers are created equal, either. For example, iPhones come with Apple’s small five-volt/one-amp power bricks, while iPads come with larger five-volt/2.4-amp bricks (though some older ones are five-volt/2.1-amp). If you plug that iPad charger into an iPhone, however, it will draw more power — provided it’s a relatively modern iPhone. Some older iPhones may not be able to use more than one amp, while others (like the iPhone 6) will pull around 1.6 amps from that iPad charger. Your phone will pull only as much current as it knows it can handle, so you don’t need to worry about damaging your phone as long as you use a quality charger from a trusted brand. That also means that the amount of time you save depends on your phone, its battery size and how much power it can draw.

Use a Compatible Fast Charger

Here’s where things get really confusing. You can get even more juice by using a special “fast charger” that increases the amperage and the voltage … if your phone supports it. There are a few different fast-charging standards, however, and not every phone will charge quickly with every fast charger out there. Many phones use Qualcomm’s Quick Charge standard or some rebranded variant of it. And in those cases, the chargers are interchangeable.

Skip wireless charging
Wireless charging, while convenient, hasn’t reached the same heights as the latest wired chargers. Even “Fast Charge” wireless chargers, which charge more rapidly than standard wireless chargers, will take significantly longer to charge your device than a high-amperage charger like the iPad’s. For lounging around the house or even at the office during the day, wireless charging is great — but if you need power quickly, skip the pad and plug your phone in.

Don’t Worry About Switching Your Phone Off (or to Airplane Mode)
You may have heard that your phone will charge faster if you turn it off or put it in airplane mode. This seems logical: After all, if your phone is using less battery, then it will charge faster, right? In practice, though, this usually doesn’t make a big enough difference to be worth it. So even if it does charge your phone faster, it won’t save you nearly as much time as any of the above methods will provide, and it’s probably not worth the inconvenience of keeping your phone off for all that time.

https://iwonpopular.com.ng/sure-ways-to-charge-your-smartphone-quicker/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by ExplicitConect: 10:51am On Oct 12, 2018
The Miss Nigeria 2018 Auditions starts on the 16th of October! Hurry now and register before the deadline (14th October) if you haven’t! Registration is FREE!!
Re: Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by raphealolami(m): 10:52am On Oct 12, 2018
Anything for frontpage, who doesnt know all this.

2 Likes

Re: Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by demondpelumi05: 10:52am On Oct 12, 2018
Next
Re: Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by skipolala94(m): 10:52am On Oct 12, 2018
Thanks man really educative

1 Like

Re: Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by elganzar(m): 10:53am On Oct 12, 2018
Nice one bro...
Re: Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 12, 2018
The only way to make it charge faster is not to operate it while charging.

9 Likes

Re: Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by NigPatriot(m): 10:54am On Oct 12, 2018
Re: Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 10:54am On Oct 12, 2018
....... smiley

1 Like

Re: Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 12, 2018
no be who get light go even think of charging faster?
let's ATICULATE

6 Likes

Re: Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by Pentools(m): 10:55am On Oct 12, 2018
Sure ways to discharge boogharia come 2019 you mean

All thread leads to #Atikukate!!!
President Atiku from 2019.
Re: Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by McBrooklyn(m): 10:55am On Oct 12, 2018
OP, but we know all these before... angry

1 Like

Re: Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by 12345baba(m): 10:56am On Oct 12, 2018
Keep ur battery in the sunlight.
Re: Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by PatrickOkunima(m): 10:57am On Oct 12, 2018
Re: Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by Boyooosa(m): 10:59am On Oct 12, 2018
@op how do I determine appropriate charger for my phone in the absence of follow come batt?
Re: Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by RolyRoly: 11:42am On Oct 12, 2018
If am to Atikulate this@Op
You are only right when atiku becomes our presidoo
Re: Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by meolaniyi(m): 11:50am On Oct 12, 2018
Why are some people so irresponsible. How can a sane man post adult pics on this forum?
its a shame. The mod. Of this section should be fired for allow this rubbish stay too long
Re: Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by Famous07: 12:02pm On Oct 12, 2018
your choice of USB cable matters a lot. try changing ur USB cable and thank me later.
Re: Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 12, 2018
Does high amperage charger not kill phone batteries faster?

1 Like

Re: Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by Profayo: 12:17pm On Oct 12, 2018
There is nothing new here, and you forgot to put "don't use your phone while charging if you need it to charge fast.
Re: Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by Evangkatsoulis: 12:24pm On Oct 12, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
Does high amperage charger not kill phone batteries faster?

No, it depends on the battery capacity.
A 5000mah batter can take up to 5A but a 1500mah battery's capcity will decay quickly with the same current.

1 Like

Re: Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by TheSanch(f): 2:26pm On Oct 12, 2018
My phone charges very fast while off.
Like 1 and half hours
2 hours while on and idle.

Laptop for sale at give away price
Whatsapp__081=0604=0717
Re: Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by united442(m): 2:46pm On Oct 12, 2018
you dnt need all these.. just buy a charger having an output of 2.5Apm and above..
Re: Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by Lucifer66(m): 2:51pm On Oct 12, 2018
Never use any other charger apart from that of yours phone's. It will damage it like it did to my former one.
Re: Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by Bestlily(f): 3:40pm On Oct 12, 2018
please how do I detect a good charger. my phone supports double charging.
Re: Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by charlsecy(m): 10:05pm On Oct 12, 2018
Revolva:
Don’t Worry About Switching Your Phone Off (or to Airplane Mode)
You may have heard that your phone will charge faster if you turn it off or put it in airplane mode. This seems logical: After all, if your phone is using less battery, then it will charge faster, right? In practice, though, this usually doesn’t make a big enough difference to be worth it. So even if it does charge your phone faster, it won’t save you nearly as much time as any of the above methods will provide, and it’s probably not worth the inconvenience of keeping your phone off for all that time.
Not true. The difference is worth it in my case. My phone charges noticeably faster when switched off.

Lucifer66:
Never use any other charger apart from that of yours phone's. It will damage it like it did to my former one.
If it is a good, compatible charger, it doesn't matter if it's manufactured by another brand.
Re: Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by Lucifer66(m): 10:13pm On Oct 12, 2018
charlsecy:
Not true. The difference is worth it in my case. My phone charges noticeably faster when switched off.

If it is a good, compatible charger, it doesn't matter if it's manufactured by another brand.
Like I said never use another charger. I was told the amazon charger was the best and charges phone faster which it did but it blew my phones processed up.
Re: Sure Ways To Charge Your Smartphone Quicker by JuliaMorris: 12:12pm On Oct 13, 2018
Wow! Such a nice tips! Gonna try them as soon as possible. By the way, I've found even more useful information in this blog https://www.feedster.com/at-work/business-operations/business-structure/dissertation-proposal/. It is actually mostly about writing, but there are also a few life tips, hah smiley Hope, it's gonna be useful for you too!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Configure China Mobile Phones For Internet Browsing In All Nigerian Mobil / I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone / Whatsapp Starts Labelling Forwarded Messages In Effort To Fight Fake News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.