Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

won - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / won (1000 Views)

19-year-old Boy Won N38 Million Bet ,his Father Insists He Return The Money / SPECIAL ANNOUCEMENT - Tinubu Has Won By Massive Rigging, Time To Japa / My Family's Story, (my Mum Won This Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

won by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 17, 2018
Its a lengthy post

bi
Re: won by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 17, 2018
Can't your family contribute and get him a lawyer? Getting a pro bono lawyer to handle such a case is hard.
Re: won by izzou(m): 12:41pm On Oct 17, 2018
angry

Firstly, after the goods were stolen despite paying for the security levy, your brother should have made sure that someone was held accountable for it. Those guys that collected that levy should be arrested.

The truth is the company needs to hold someone accountable for it. If you own that company, you'll do the same. #1.3 million is not small money to even a bank.

The mistake your brother made, to me, was to let it slide the moment it happened. He should have agitated for the arrest of those security guys that promised to secure the vehicle. Someone needs to be held accountable.

I really sympathize with your brother. Try and get a good lawyer. God will see you through

And did I just see his salary as #20,000 a month? God have mercy sad

3 Likes

Re: won by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 17, 2018
GrabHisBalls:
Can't your family contribute and get him a lawyer? Getting a pro bono lawyer to handle such a case is hard.
he was detained just this morning. im yet to go to to station to know whtsup. like i said, he had been freed since april on account that their is no proof he is involved. so im surprised him been detainedd today and them insisting he pays. just trying to speak out bro, this is nigeria
Re: won by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 17, 2018
It's normal, when company refuse to pay goods-in-transit insurance ..... They try and hold the sales guy or driver responsible......
Too bad this is Nigeria...Instead of police to tackle the company for not buying insurance and putting staff life at risk....Na who get money pass get case.....

If ur brother has money, all he need is a good lawyer, not charge and bail lawyer oooo..Correct lawyer that knows business and corporate law dealings....

The next is to look for correct pastor...Wey go join u pray..Better pastor ooo...Confirm CAC pastor...

I'm not joking here...Before my bro got a good job he did transport biz for a a few months,. because he doesn't want deliver of cash problems he decided to drive himself......

thieves robbed them on the way to Benin...One of the devil incarnate passenger turn the story around said my bro was part of the gang, that she noticed he ddnt try to escape full speed when the thieves crossed them...Her uncle is a DPO so they just connect each other make my bro life miserable....dude used 2months in jail...They got to court...Judge open his file looked at it..He didn't say anything......After 3minites he just closed it and said "case dismissed"..They didn't tell me I was there....

No say I didn't tell u prayer works ooooooo..No mind nairaland atheist oooo

2 Likes

Re: won by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 17, 2018
izzou:
angry

Firstly, after the goods were stolen despite paying for the security levy, your brother should have made sure that someone was held accountable for it. Those guys that collected that levy should be arrested.

The truth is the company needs to hold someone accountable for it. If you own that company, you'll do the same. #1.3 million is not small money to even a bank.

The mistake your brother made, to me, was to let it slide the moment it happened. He should have agitated for the arrest of those security guys that promised to secure the vehicle. Someone needs to be held accountable.

I really sympathize with your brother. Try and get a good lawyer. God will see you through

And did I just see his salary as #20,000 a month? God have mercy sad
the salary is something that kills me the most. and yea, he said the police officers he met at the station are the same people that came for the levy. and the company insisted he delivers the remaining goods. he said he told the company and they sent a delegate down. nothing was done
Re: won by MrAnele(m): 12:56pm On Oct 17, 2018
SAD
Re: won by Acidosis(m): 12:57pm On Oct 17, 2018
Some information might be missing. Most jobs these days come with very strict conditions under the tag "bond". Be sure your brother didn't sign anything that has to do with such before you proceed with your case.

A friend rejected a job because he was told to sign a bond that restricts him from getting married or giving birth for a stipulated period of time. Another signed a bond of N1.5m if she dares leave the company within 1 year after employment. A friend (a sales job) also signed a bond that demands the sum of N1 million for any damaged property. I could go on and on.

Be very sure your brother has not signed a "deadly" bond because of a 200k/per annum job.
Re: won by izzou(m): 1:00pm On Oct 17, 2018
doctorkush:
the salary is something that kills me the most. and yea, he said the police officers he met at the station are the same people that came for the levy. and the company insisted he delivers the remaining goods. he said he told the company and they sent a delegate down. nothing was done

Can you imagine? It's a curse living in Nigeria sad

I think you guys should go to the company and see if you can talk this through. If it fails, get a lawyer and pray to God.

God saves.
Re: won by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 17, 2018
Acidosis:

Some information might be missing. Most jobs these days come with very strict conditions under the tag "bond". Be sure your brother didn't sign anything that has to do with such before you proceed with your case.

A friend rejected a job because he was told to sign a bond that restricts him from getting married or giving birth for a stipulated period of time. Another signed a bond of N1.5m if she dares leave the company within 1 year after employment. A friend (a sales job) also signed a bond that demands the sum of N1 million for any damaged property. I could go on and on.

Be very sure your brother has not signed a "deadly" bond because of a 200k/per annum job.
that actually was the first thing i asked him the first time he was arrested, and on his letter of employment it wasn't there as well'
Re: won by Acidosis(m): 1:35pm On Oct 17, 2018
doctorkush:
that actually was the first thing i asked him the first time he was arrested, and on his letter of employment it wasn't there as well'

Cool, with a good Lawyer, I think he would enjoy a swift and favourable judgment.
Re: won by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 17, 2018
All you yave to.do,
Relay the message to @segalink on twitter,
Or @citizen_gavel
Re: won by ifyalways(f): 2:07pm On Oct 17, 2018
Re: won by Eketem: 2:57pm On Oct 17, 2018
Try legal Aid like Ify suggested. Police is not a debt recovery agency. Also call police complaint line 08057000001 and report that your brother is being detained illegally and without trial for a purely civil matter. You will be shocked how quickly they will tell the company to take their matter away

1 Like

Re: won by sisisioge: 3:50pm On Oct 17, 2018
Chai! I doubt if your brother is liable for the stolen goods...the owners should have insured their goods.

If your brother goes the route of legal aid, he would be smiling to the bank eventually. What a poor coy...what a poor worker...a simple insurance would have saved this whole headache embarassed

2 Likes

Re: won by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:31am On Oct 18, 2018
i know the system is corrupt but knowing your basic rights is important

1 the police can not, play police, judge and jury there can not detain him to make him pay

2 if the police has to take the case to court and judge rules on it

so like few are saying get a lawyer

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Men, Allow Your Wife To Express Her Emotions Freely / Paving Stone / What Can Be Done For This Girl That's Being Abused By Her Dad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.