Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,383 members, 7,954,554 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:02 PM

Constructive Criticism - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Constructive Criticism (1669 Views)

The Growing Trend Of Waist Training .. Your Thoughts And Criticism / Photoshop Experts!!!check This Out And Make Constructive Critisismm / Gabby Douglas' Hair Draws Criticism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Constructive Criticism by Analissa(f): 10:52pm On Jul 16, 2010
I've been wanting to go into part time modelling for a while now and last week i finally made the effort to get up and go to a casting. when i got there they said that i was "a bit too chunky around the thighs" [size=5pt]might as well have called me fat [/size]  angry but that they could use me for pictures [size=5pt]probably photoshop half my thighs away[/size]. this is still something but the only reason i wanted to go into modelling was for catwalk shows. Am i too curvy and should i give up? or is that just the opinion of that particular company. I'd really like some constructive criticism on my appearance but  please o don't be too harsh.  undecided
Re: Constructive Criticism by madlady(f): 2:07am On Jul 17, 2010
They most be mad shocked shocked your thighs look perfect to me. If it's true that the camera adds 10lbs then they most be blind also.

Your skin looks beautiful.

You have a very strong nose, very photogenic.

How tall are you? I am sure you know the average height for a model is usually 5 feet 10inches+ but you can still do the type of modelling your set on if your slightly shorter, GMTV FACE OF THE YEAR took girls who were 5 foot 8inches.

Enter GMTV face of the year, also send them your portfolio. They have a regular model called "eraka" you look  like her, actually your better looking.

The GMTV competition "face of the year" is for amateurs or girls just starting out. Google it, check all the details, it's closed for this year but you should be ahead of the game for next year. The sponsors for this comp are  big names, so the free exposure you would get should be great, even if you were only a finalist.

ps I have no idea what the requirements are for modelling but if they like your look you should do  well, they are always looking for a new face.

Re: Constructive Criticism by mohawkchic(f): 3:16am On Jul 17, 2010
Analissa:

Am i too curvy and should i give up? or is that just the opinion of that particular company. I'd really like some constructive criticism on my appearance but please o don't be too harsh. undecided

~Curvy? Nope! I wudnt call your body shape curvy either! You upper body actually looks tiny. . Going by the pic of you in pink top,if i hadnt seen the pic of your thighs,i wud have assumed you had "chicken legs"

~You're thighs are proper fit!!

~I'd like to think you're not naive about how cut throat the modelling world is!! There'll always be a "But"! The way i see it, It's all down to how determined you are on pursuing your carer as a model, blocking out the "Buts" or how much you're willing to change the things that make you "You"!

~Don't give up just yet!! You've got to start somewhere!! Bsides you've only gone to one casting. . .Dont you think it's a lil bit too early to start thinking of giving up? If you keep getting the same "Buts" then maybe it's a thought worth considering!! So i say Since you're just starting out. . . go w/ the flow for now! Maybe something will come up that suit your "Look"!

~Good luck w/ your "Go-See's"

~BTW its brave of you to put up your pics & ask complete strangers (who prolly don't have a clue about modelling criteria Yeah You! & me both!!) to give "Constructive Criticism" on your appearance! "Constructive or Harsh", Bear in mind what we think dont matter much. . it might be a confidence booster/deter you for a lil while BUT remember its how you feel about yourself that should count the most!
Re: Constructive Criticism by chika98: 3:36am On Jul 17, 2010
*Constructive mode*

You have great features and overall a good looking young girl but as per the western standards; You're thick around the thighs which isn't what they all subscribe to.
Most models are stick thin without any meat on their bones so to speak. I'd suggest going to other agencies and perhaps look for other aspiring models as well. Network your way through. Good luck to you!

PS: You're a good looking girl! I mean hardly do you see cute folks on here. At least you are not the groundnut seller look alikes that claim to be models! Model ko! Chanel Iman ni! grin grin
Re: Constructive Criticism by Sissy3(f): 4:29am On Jul 17, 2010
your thighs are too thick for todays modelling "standards" esp catwalk or runway.  so, maybe you should look around for agencies that offer other types of modelling i.e  editorial modeling, etc at least if they think any part of you is "too fat/chunky" for their liking they can always Photoshop them off.

below is an idea of the kind thigh/body most agencies required in this days of "modelling"

[img]http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2008/09/Battered%20Model%204.jpg[/img]

goodluck w/modelling career. dont know let what this deter you though. there are many model options out there for those who arent super skiny
Re: Constructive Criticism by Sissy3(f): 4:33am On Jul 17, 2010
Lol my post got arrested by spambot. cant even modify some typos grin grin grin
Re: Constructive Criticism by iice(f): 4:38am On Jul 17, 2010
I'd like to see a face without make-up.  Models usually wear nothing or very little unless they are 'working'. If they said they'd use for pics. . .you come across more then as a pictorial/commercial model than a runway model.

Yes i'd say you are a bit bigger on the thighs than what is seen on the runway, but don't let it deter you because, Naomi Campbell didn't have stick thin thighs.  If it's you're dream. . .keep pushing meanwhile improving anything you think will give you an added edge.
Re: Constructive Criticism by ikamefa(f): 7:04am On Jul 17, 2010
holy egg rolls! shocked shocked

iice:

I'd like to see a face without make-up.  Models usually wear nothing or very little unless they are 'working'. If they said they'd use for pics. . .you come across more then as a pictorial/commercial model than a runway model.

Yes i'd say you are a bit bigger on the thighs than what is seen on the runway, but don't let it deter you because, Naomi Campbell didn't have stick thin thighs.  If it's you're dream. . .keep pushing meanwhile improving anything you think will give you an added edge.

erhmmm what she said up ^^^^^ dia "  grin '

can we exchange thighs? i must warn you cool mines are sorta! kinda! erhmmmmmmmmmmm   cheesy cheesy

Re: Constructive Criticism by iice(f): 1:51pm On Jul 17, 2010
grin grin Twinzie, you don kolo grin grin
Re: Constructive Criticism by Analissa(f): 11:43pm On Jul 17, 2010
Thank everyone for the good comments and the criticism smiley
madlady:

How tall are you?
I'm 5"10
mohawkchic:

~BTW its brave of you to put up your pics & ask complete strangers (who prolly don't have a clue about modelling criteria Yeah You! & me both!!) to give "Constructive Criticism" on your appearance!

When i asked my friends and family they all said the usual positive things but i wanted objective input which you guys have given me grin

i guess i am thicker around the thighs, oh well that cant change.
Re: Constructive Criticism by MissyB1(m): 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2010
Rotfl @ Ikamefa's pic. You're not serz!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Constructive Criticism by minute(f): 3:36pm On Jul 18, 2010
Maybe a model in macys or kmart ads . . .I would never think couture or high fashion.

I think you'll do great.
Re: Constructive Criticism by Analissa(f): 2:01am On Jul 20, 2010
^^ thanks, no macys or kmart here tho so i applied for m&s insted and i have a casting next week! smiley

(1) (Reply)

Wonders Of Lace Wigs / Ladies, Can You Rock These Shoe? / You Visit Your Girl Friend And See Her Doing This? What Will Be Your Reaction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.