Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

How Can I Develop A Consistent Prayer Life? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can I Develop A Consistent Prayer Life? (671 Views)

How To Develop A Consistent Prayer Life / ''if You Want To Be Successful In Life, love-vendor Your Prayer Life'' - Uebert Angel / Maintaining A Consistent Bible Study And Prayer Life. Once You Are Consistent Th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Develop A Consistent Prayer Life? by hisexcellency34: 9:55am On Oct 28, 2018
I know prayer works. But I always find it difficult to pray. Even when I start, I quit again. How can I be consistent in my prayer life?

Re: How Can I Develop A Consistent Prayer Life? by sonmvayina(m): 10:45am On Oct 28, 2018
Prayer is only for poor and lazy people... Go and use your brain to change your situation and the world, it is not for decoration..

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Develop A Consistent Prayer Life? by Seun(m): 11:06am On Oct 28, 2018
Your prayers don’t have to be long and repetitive. Just say whatever is on your mind, wrap it up, and get back to your productive life.

“And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.” Matthew 6:7-8. The Lord’s Prayer, given by Jesus, is less than 1 minute long.

18 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How Can I Develop A Consistent Prayer Life? by xproducer: 2:00pm On Oct 28, 2018
"But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly." - Matthew 6:6

One can also pray in a whisper, or silently in one's heart - as GOD knows the heart (Matthew 6:8, Hebrews 4:12); pray as often as possible... (1 Thessalonians 5:17).

Peace and blessings.
Re: How Can I Develop A Consistent Prayer Life? by PraiseDLord: 9:54pm On Oct 28, 2018
hisexcellency34:
I know prayer works. But I always find it difficult to pray. Even when I start, I quit again. How can I be consistent in my prayer life?
Beloved, I was once in this situation when I knew I needed an intimate relationship with the Almighty. I needed more than the shallow prayer life of Christians around me. My soul thirstieth for God. I wanted a deeper christian experience. Thanks be to His holy name because he answered me!
Now to your question, what you need is simply the baptism of the Holy ghost!
However, before the Holy ghost baptism, you must have genuinely been born again i.e. saved from sin. That's step 1.
Step 2 requires that you be sanctified i.e. have God remove the Adamic nature of the love for and hunger to sin from your life. You become purified!
Then, you are ready for step 3 which is Holy ghost baptism.
All of these can be achieved through faith in the atoning blood of Jesus Christ.
He paid the price for all on the cross.
Please don't let anybody discourage you for this yearning, the Spirit of God wanted you to have a deeper fellowship with the Trinity.
Congratulations as you'll surely find the Lord if you seek Him truly and sincerely with the whole of your heart!!!
Re: How Can I Develop A Consistent Prayer Life? by awesomeJ(m): 4:44am On Dec 01, 2018
Seun:
Your prayers don’t have to be long and repetitive. Just say whatever is on your mind, wrap it up, and get back to your productive life.

“And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.” Matthew 6:7-8. The Lord’s Prayer, given by Jesus, is less than 1 minute long.
You know this, yet you on argued that "god'' is a being that would expect you to rant endlessly before he listens.
Re: How Can I Develop A Consistent Prayer Life? by Gospelcaster(m): 4:19am On Jan 29, 2021
hisexcellency34:
If you want to pray consistently read this article on how to develop a consistent prayer life. You can develop a consistent prayer life, I assure you.
Visit Gospelcaster.org and read the article. You can click HERE to read it.

(1) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About The Gideons / For 33 Years, This Man Has Been Nailed To Cross Every Good Friday, For Real / Why Do Christians Defend Their Religion Even Tho It Was Used To Enslave People?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.