Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,763 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

What Are The Implications Of Purchasing A Car With Replace Engine ? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / What Are The Implications Of Purchasing A Car With Replace Engine ? (960 Views)

Why You Should Look Underneath Before Purchasing A Car / Never Sell Your Used Car With The Plates. / The Benz Keke That Will Replace Okada In Onitsha And Awka (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Implications Of Purchasing A Car With Replace Engine ? by aboyaji(m): 11:50pm On Nov 04, 2018
There's a 2008 Rav4 I got interested in. But the seller honestly told me that the engine was replaced.
Now, from the physical analysis of the car, it's still like tokumbo. The interior is spotless. The exterior is like a waterfall. The engine bay is as clean and neat and tidy as a tokumbo car. The new and replaced engine is very neat, no dent so far.

But I'm yet to try it out. But I'm sceptical.

Please, what are the dangers? Price is 2m.
Re: What Are The Implications Of Purchasing A Car With Replace Engine ? by Godson1996: 12:45am On Nov 05, 2018
Get a police extract for the new engine, otherwise you maybe in big trouble if the car is stolen
Re: What Are The Implications Of Purchasing A Car With Replace Engine ? by domack99(m): 1:29am On Nov 05, 2018
Engine are been replace every now and then, not a biggie friend.

Just ask when the engine was replaced and how long owner has been using it with the replaced engine

1 Like

Re: What Are The Implications Of Purchasing A Car With Replace Engine ? by Kewtt: 1:47am On Nov 05, 2018
aboyaji:
There's a 2008 Rav4 I got interested in. But the seller honestly told me that the engine was replaced.
Now, from the physical analysis of the car, it's still like tokumbo. The interior is spotless. The exterior is like a waterfall. The engine bay is as clean and neat and tidy as a tokumbo car. The new and replaced engine is very neat, no dent so far.

But I'm yet to try it out. But I'm sceptical.

Please, what are the dangers? Price is 2m.
Pictures and location plus contact of the seller.
Re: What Are The Implications Of Purchasing A Car With Replace Engine ? by aboyaji(m): 9:35pm On Nov 05, 2018
Godson1996:
Get a police extract for the new engine, otherwise you maybe in big trouble if the car is stolen
Thanks. The vehicle is genuine.
domack99:
Engine are been replace every now and then, not a biggie friend.

Just ask when the engine was replaced and how long owner has been using it with the replaced engine
The engine was recently replaced. That I'm sure. How about the price tag of 2m, does it need reviewing?

Kewtt:

Pictures and location plus contact of the seller.
you want to maneuver me on the deal?
Re: What Are The Implications Of Purchasing A Car With Replace Engine ? by Hotfreezer: 9:41pm On Nov 05, 2018
aboyaji:
Thanks. The vehicle is genuine. The engine was recently replaced. That I'm sure. How about the price tag of 2m, does it need reviewing?

you want to maneuver me on the deal?

No, he wants to help you inspect the vehicle.

Re: What Are The Implications Of Purchasing A Car With Replace Engine ? by aboyaji(m): 9:55pm On Nov 05, 2018
Hotfreezer:

No, he wants to help you inspect the vehicle.
Haha, what a sarcastic statement!

With respect to my discretion, I just found out it has variants: 4 cylinders and V6. And the one I'm talking about is the 4 cylinders variant on that price. And it's a RESISTERED one.

Gazzuzz, please you're invited.
Re: What Are The Implications Of Purchasing A Car With Replace Engine ? by Kewtt: 10:11pm On Nov 05, 2018
aboyaji:
Haha, what a sarcastic statement!

With respect to my discretion, I just found out it has variants: 4 cylinders and V6. And the one I'm talking about is the 4 cylinders variant on that price. And it's a RESISTERED one.

Gazzuznz, please you're invited.
What are friends for.... lemme check it out for free!!
Re: What Are The Implications Of Purchasing A Car With Replace Engine ? by Hotfreezer: 10:22pm On Nov 05, 2018
Kewtt:

What are friends for.... lemme check it out for free!!

Aboyaji, when you eventually buy this car, na all of us go dey drive am. We plenty on top the matter.

All my guys wey wan folo ride the motor, make una queue here.

Re: What Are The Implications Of Purchasing A Car With Replace Engine ? by aboyaji(m): 11:35pm On Nov 05, 2018
Hotfreezer:

Aboyaji, when you eventually buy this car, na all of us go dey drive am. We plenty on top the matter.

All my guys wey wan folo ride the motor, make una queue here.
A welder guy mocked us the week my friend and I bought a Camry just two weeks ago. He saw us at a fuel station trying to get a refill. But we eventually picked one of our guys prior getting the refill. So, this new guy we picked happened to volunteer himself by checking the fuel metre dispensing the fuel in our car and also helped in closing the fuel inlet cover after the purchase. Then, my friend who owned the car paid the sales person afterward. So, oblivious of us, this welder guy was somewhere starring as all the event took place. As we brought the car to his garage for maintenance, he asked us "Abeg how many una dey get this car?, una reach 5?"
Then, he started analysing everything to us which made us burst into laughter.
Re: What Are The Implications Of Purchasing A Car With Replace Engine ? by Youngsage: 10:19am On Nov 09, 2018
I've got a 2008 RAV4 for distress sales. Going for 1.7m. Kindly hit me up if interested!! smiley
Re: What Are The Implications Of Purchasing A Car With Replace Engine ? by aboyaji(m): 9:49pm On Nov 22, 2018
Youngsage:
I've got a 2008 RAV4 for distress sales.
Going for 1.7m. Kindly hit me up if interested!! smiley
Are you in the East? Pictures too.

(1) (Reply)

SOLD Tin-can Cleared 2005 Toyota Highlander Limited Silver Color / 2007 Toyota Highlander Limited @3.4m / Well Baked Reg 2008 Facelifted To 2011 Honda Accord Sold!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.