Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

What Is Wordpress? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is Wordpress? (613 Views)

I Need Is Wordpress Theme Teba IT Solutions Services Wordpress Theme Asap / How Good Is Wordpress On Whogohost? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wordpress? by Lordwales59(m): 3:10pm On Nov 16, 2018
Hello fellas,my name is Olawale, a Web/Wordpress developer and this is my first post here. Hope you all are good and your day is going fine. wink

Have you ever heard of a platform called wordpress? I think most people here will say yes,but I believe there are some beginner or novice here that know little or dont even know about wordpress, this post is for them.

WordPress is the world’s most popular CMS (Content Management System)platform for creating websites. WordPress has the power to create any type of website, from a blog to a full-featured business website. With the use of plugins like woocommerce and dokan, WordPress can power an Ecommerce store(single vendor to multi-vendor). It is a free software that is hosted in the cloud, which means there is no downloading on your computer unless you are working(designing/developing ) offline with intention of uploading to your hosting server later.

Over 32% of website on the world-wide web are powered by WordPress which gives a stats of more than One in Four websites are built with wordpress, with roughly 500+ new sites being built daily in the top 10 million websites on the web . According to Technorati, 8% of the top 100 blogs are managed with WordPress.

Enough of statistics, Lets look at top 10 Brands that use wordpress:

1. TechCrunch
2. [url]blog.microsoft.com[/url]
3. [url]bbcamerica.com[/url] - BBC America
4. [url]sonymusic.com[/url] - Sony MUSIC
5. [url]beyonce.com[/url] - Beyonce
6. [url]whitehouse.gov[/url] - White House
7. [url]thewaltdisneycompany.com[/url] - Walt Disney Company
8. [url]newsroom.fb.com[/url] - Facebook Newsroom
9. [url]markandspencerforbusiness.com[/url] - Mark and Spencer
10. [url]amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead[/url] - The Walking Dead.

These are all notable brands that power their websites with wordpress.

There are two ways to use wordpress service,and they are in many ways different from each other. One is and the other is Wordpress.org.

[/color] - this the hosted version i.e your website runs on the official WordPress servers. This has a lot of limitations which includes:you not being able to use some of the themes, you can’t use WordPress plugins . There’s also a fee to pay,if you want to use your own domain name. This is where the other service comes in.

[color=#000099]Wordpress.org- This is the self-hosted version. This is the best to run WordPress on your own web hosting account. When you use this version, you have complete control over the design and functionality of your website. You will be able to use Wordpress Themes (both free and Premium versions), you also have the opportunity to use any plugins you want. This is the option that is used for creating most corporate website, ecommerce website, social networking websites,forums,directory listings,events websites etc.

To use this service;
-you need a hosting plan and domain name
-have access to your cpanel
-install wordpress software via softculous

For a full-featured website,you are advised to use wordpress.org. Thats what i used (every time).

I make more posts in the coming days on wordpress which might include:hacks,best plugins to use,shortcuts,etc.

If you have any question,feel free to ask me,either here or on whatsapp (+2348052559865). Also if you have any website idea on you mind, I am available for work. Reach-out to me here or on whatsapp.

Hope to hear your responses soon. Have a lovely rest of the day.

Re: What Is Wordpress? by suprememoney(m): 11:39pm On Nov 16, 2018
Can you develop ponzi site? 08064563219
Re: What Is Wordpress? by Lordwales59(m): 1:11pm On Nov 17, 2018
suprememoney:
Can you develop ponzi site? 08064563219

Do you mean creating Ponzi site with wordpress?

(1) (Reply)

Very Fast Loading Blogger Template You Can Use For Your Blog / Using Worldcenter Advertising Network To Drive Laser Targeted Traffic / Musicians And Business Owners Get In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.