Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,047 members, 7,953,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:35 AM

Why You Need To Get Involved In Elearning - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why You Need To Get Involved In Elearning (271 Views)

Yabatech Open, Distance And Flexible Elearning Form Is Out / WAEC To Name & Shame Candidates, Staff Involved In Exam Malpractice / Steps Involved In IELTS Registration; (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Need To Get Involved In Elearning by chikachuks1(m): 12:47am On Nov 23, 2018
Have you ever heard of eLearning? Have you ever thought of learning via the internet? Do you know that the internet has enhanced every facet of our daily lives? Do you know that you must not have to go to the classroom to learn adequately?

To start with, the e in eLearning stands for electronic. Therefore eLearning can also be referred to as electronic learning. So, eLearning is the process of learning over the internet, using electronic facilities and could be done outside the confines of a physical classroom.

With eLearning many learning gaps has been bridges. The world in general and many institutions, both higher and lower institutions are seriously and fastly embracing the eLearning facilities. Many people are known as full time graduates, either for B.Sc, M.Sc and PhD without ever attending any physical classroom. This is done over the internet.
Many “study abroad courses” are also conveyed over the eLearning platform so that nobody will have an excuses as to why he/she is not educated.

eLearning may not actually be watching tutorials or from your CDROM. But it must be conducted over the internet. With the eLearning platform, students freely interact with their lecturers and other students in the class. Though there may be no physical contact of any kind.

E-learning offers the ability to share material in all kinds of formats such as videos, slideshows, word documents, and PDFs. Conducting webinars (live online classes) and communicating with professors via chat and message forums is also an option available to users.

The internet has fully transformed the way information is shared around the globe. Since learning is all about communication, hence it has fully benefited from the impact of the internet. But then, why did I just decide to write about eLearning today? Since I am a good content developer and creative writer, why did I not just go and hunt up a catchy topic and develop an article around it?

It may interest you to know that many people search for relevant information on this subject matter. Also I thought it wise to encourage everyone to go back to school. Through eLearning, you can go back to school even from your shop or your office. There is not barrier to that at all.

Few years ago, the government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria introduced elearning into the country through and institution known as the National Open University Nigeria (NOUN). At its launch in 2001, about 32,400 were enrolled and since then has graduated countless number of students. This innovation came up as a result of the fact many people get to busy to go to school. Some as well appear too old to go to school. Hence this institution came up, since you will not need a physical classroom, except for examination purpose.

Let me proceed speedily to outline the benefits of elearning. After I might have outlined them, you will agree with me that not one is too poor to partake from it. So here are the benefits.

1) It accommodates your busy schedule: As earlier stated, many people are too busy to attend the physical classes. Hence, with elearning, they can learn from their shop, office, bedroom, toilet, everywhere and anywhere. Thus it overcomes your excuse of a busy schedule.
2) It is relatively cheap: Elearning is very cheap. Many elearning programs are done for free, though you pay to be issued certificate. But compared to the traditional learning pattern, elearning is very cheap.
3) It is faster: You tend to complete your course faster than the normal time. You can take lectures everyday which will hasten your study duration. You do not need to spend 4 to 5 years in it just to get a degree.
4) You have access to material of various formats: Contrary to the traditional method of learning where you will only have your textbook and notebook, here you will have access to materials of various formats. Such as PDFs, video tutorial, audio, powerpoints and lots more. These materials are not just available, but you can access them from anywhere at anytime.
5) If you are a worker or a businessman, you can leverage on elearning to acquire relevant knowledge.
6) You can also go through your materials over and over again: Since these material are delivered online, you can back them up to your device and have access to them anytime you want to. This is unlike the classroom method where the lecturers delivers his lecture and goes away. You tend to forget many of what he said. But with elearning you can rewound the audio and video and you can also play it over again entirely.
7) You will have access to updated materials: Since the network is made up of people from various places, you stand to enjoy updated material. Thus, your knowledge will be updated continually.
cool You will interact with highly knowledgable people: It is true that the traditional method of learning also enhances interaction. Although it is very limited because the lecturer has a lot of things to cover within a given time frame. So he does everything possible to make sure that he meets up. But in elearning, you will have unlimited interaction with other student and lecturer.

Conclusion

The impact and impart of elearning cannot be over emphasized. I could go ahead a publish a book of 150 page fully dedicated to elearning. But then, I must have to stop here, hoping that I have conveyed a strong message on the importance and relevance of elearning. You might have your reasonable excuses as to why you might not continue with education in the classroom or lecture hall. But you will not have any excuse if you do not embrace elearning platform

https://infoducation.com/elearning/
Re: Why You Need To Get Involved In Elearning by virasatsolution: 10:46am On Apr 24, 2019
One of the best way of explaining about elearning. covered every single term or topic you can say. If you are still looking for a better answer then visit: Reason to have eLearning Application (vLMS)

(1) (Reply)

University Of Jos 2018/2019 Admission List Out Now. / New Human, New Life--- Lifechanyuan Era (8) / Universities To Remain Shut As Fg’s Meeting With ASUU Is Inconclusive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.