Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Ole - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ole (307 Views)

Just Another Ole: A Story About Jungle Justice In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ole by Roycemadeit(m): 10:21am On Nov 24, 2018
Screams pierced into my ears and broke-off my engagement with that which make us dose-off.
“What’s going on?” i tried to listen.
“Ole! Ole!!” A lady was screaming downstairs.
I ran to the window and peeped through, there on the ground floor, in front of the boutique; where Alhaja sold female clothes, were gathering a crowd of people; who ran one or two businesses in the plaza. I rushed downstairs. I was quite excited. I had not witnessed a scenario where a thief was caught red-handed.
“Has the thief escaped?” i asked no one in particular. I had already tried seeing above the first responders and did not see any strange face. Nobody bothered answering, the spotlight was on Madam Hourglass who was entertaining them with different tales she’s had with thieves but for she kept interjecting her tales with occasional offsetting screams of Ole. I pushed through to have a better look. Of course, that could not possibly be the Ole sitting comfortably on the chair. I turned to make my way back upstairs, my excitement was depleted.
“You done see the thief?”
“Where? I no see any thief o!” i replied. Idongesit pointed at the same person that Ihad thought could not possibly be the Ole. He is the guy that works at a traveling agency on the same floor I work. I was flabbergasted to say the least; i could not wrap my head round it.
“Why would this Bros steal woman cloth?” i thought
Like he heard my thought; he stood up and to defend himself, not until he walked closer did i realize it was a woman with a male haircut dressed in faded blue sleeveless short gown.
“My short-sightedness would have made label someone else thief. I need to get the glasses before my eyes lands me in trouble I thoughtfully concluded in time to hear the Thief say something about 48,000 naira and the boutique attendant lying.
“You 48,000? You be like persin whey done see 48,000 before?” Madam Hourglass shut her up. The thief made to say something else but madam Hourglass started clapping and screaming “Ole, ole, thief, asewo” The next thing she screamed was never anticipated; “HUSBAND SNATCHER”
Before our brains could process what she said, she screamed again “HUSBAND SNATCHER” O’boy see laff, everyone was literally rolling on the floor while the embarrassed Madam Hourglass like a snail she trotted off to her shop.
I didn’t witness the last of this “Ole” episode. I was told that after I had left the police came and took the thief away but not without slapping her a little to reset her brains; she tried to act insane.
It’s almost Christmas people, get eyes peeled.

(1) (Reply)

Finding Happiness - Episode 6 / Need Viable Business Ideas? Follow This Thread... / Be Prepared!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.