Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

On This Tithe Thing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On This Tithe Thing (432 Views)

Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? / I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On This Tithe Thing by HappyPagan: 10:30am On Dec 16, 2018
There's an unusual transaction that goes on monthly. Millions of 'believers' relinquish a tenth of their income, giving it to God. It's believed that this monthly subscription keeps the windows of heavens open for the next thirty days.
(Terms and conditions apply. Any contract failure will be blamed on, you should never question God).

Of course, everyone knows God has no need for mammon, but his Church does. The heavens are made of streets of gold, the church should look like heaven.

But angels are not tax collectors, and Jesus's hands have holes in them. To hold on to God's money, God appoints his annointed, his Son, his One.

The One comes with great conviction. 'Come, the Lord calls you to repentance. The Lord calls you away from sin. You are wretched and useless because you have strayed from God. Come, child, come all ye that are broken.. Come and I will give you rest'

3 Likes

Re: On This Tithe Thing by LordReed(m): 11:40am On Dec 16, 2018
HappyPagan:

(Terms and conditions apply. Any contract failure will be blamed on, you should never question God).

But angels are not tax collectors, and Jesus's hands have holes in them. '

These 2 had me cracking up in laughter.
Re: On This Tithe Thing by Ultimus: 11:58am On Dec 16, 2018
When the god that created the universe and everything in it needs money from mere mortals, to run the business of churches. Lol.

1 Like

Re: On This Tithe Thing by LordReed(m): 12:06pm On Dec 16, 2018
Churches are like mafia organizations collecting percentage for "protection". Protection from what? The so called devil that escaped from the heaven of the same god that is asking you to pay for protection. LMFAO!

2 Likes

Re: On This Tithe Thing by HappyPagan: 12:20pm On Dec 16, 2018
Like a shepherd, the One leads his people. Like sheep, they follow. He feeds them, clothes them, teaches them to depend on him. The sheep give birth to more sheep, who raise more sheep. The shepherd keeps them for The Master.

The One builds a fence around the sheep, they call it the armor of God. It's a strong wall built on the solid foundation of believe, painted in beautiful colors of humility. The One doesn't own the sheep, he only keeps them for the Master. The Master is coming soon, soon and very soon.

The sheep never question, only follow, what the One says the Master says they should know. But the sheep are not stupid, fear is not stupidity. The constant fear of not honoring God's word, of attracting evil, or death, that is enough to ensure they comply. Sheep, who choose to become goats, are chased away. Ostracized. Left to die until they return to the Master.

If a man reaches a position without logic, every road leads where his heart wishes. The One depends on the sheep not knowing the Master is never coming. He never dwells where evil resides.

May the Lord give extra bonus offer to those who insist on paying tithe. Tithes loosen your finance, that is wisdom.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On This Tithe Thing by HappyPagan: 4:18pm On Dec 16, 2018
LordReed:

What's medium all about?
it's a publishing platform, similar to blog. Users post articles on a wide array of topics....
I created an account there, and will be moving my articles from nairaland there.

this site don dey tire person...
Re: On This Tithe Thing by LordReed(m): 5:01pm On Dec 16, 2018
HappyPagan:

it's a publishing platform, similar to blog. Users post articles on a wide array of topics....
I created an account there, and will be moving my articles from nairaland there.

No commenting or discussions?

Nairaland is fun is when you take it in in small portions.
Re: On This Tithe Thing by urahara(m): 5:19pm On Dec 16, 2018
HappyPagan:

cry cry cry angry

God whyyyyyy
Re: On This Tithe Thing by urahara(m): 5:28pm On Dec 16, 2018
HappyPagan:
Like a shepherd, the One leads his people. Like sheep, they follow. He feeds them, clothes them, teaches them to depend on him. The sheep give birth to more sheep, who raise more sheep. The shepherd keeps them for The Master.

The One builds a fence around the sheep, they call it the armor of God. It's a strong wall built on the solid foundation of believe, painted in beautiful colors of humility. The One doesn't own the sheep, he only keeps them for the Master. The Master is coming soon, soon and very soon.

The sheep never question, only follow, what the One says the Master says they should know. But the sheep are not stupid, fear is not stupidity. The constant fear of not honoring God's word, of attracting evil, or death, that is enough to ensure they comply. Sheep, who choose to become goats, are chased away. Ostracized. Left to die until they return to the Master.

If a man reaches a position without logic, every road leads where his heart wishes. The One depends on the sheep not knowing the Master is never coming. He never dwells where evil resides.

May the Lord give extra bonus offer to those who insist on paying tithe. Tithes loosen your finance, that is wisdom.

Shey Jesus don't turn Neo or Luke Skywalker grin grin.

Which one come be " the one " ?
Re: On This Tithe Thing by Anas09: 5:49pm On Dec 16, 2018
HappyPagan:
There's an unusual transaction that goes on monthly. Millions of 'believers' relinquish a tenth of their income, giving it to God. It's believed that this monthly subscription keeps the windows of heavens open for the next thirty days.

Of course, everyone knows God has no need for mammon, but his Church does. The heavens are made of streets of gold, the church should look like heaven.

But angels are not tax collectors, and Jesus's hands have holes in them. To hold on to God's money, God appoints his annointed, his Son, his One.

The One comes with great conviction. 'Come, the Lord calls you to repentance. The Lord calls you away from sin. You are wretched and useless because you have strayed from God. Come, child, come all ye that are broken.. Come and I will give you rest'

THE CHURCH IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM!

By Hadizat Ibrahim

From my salary, I pay about 15% as tax to the government monthly.
When I make certain purchases, stay over in hotels, make flight bookings, shop for groceries, I still pay taxes - consumption tax, VAT, state tax...

Most Nigerians I know pay tax.

And we don’t even have a say on most of these taxes - they are either deducted from source or they are simply not optional.
Yet, I can’t say my life has improved significantly in comparison to my tax deductions and that of million others.
Light - we still don’t get 24 hour power supply.
Highways - the roads are a nightmare.
Security - still not guaranteed.
Public Healthcare - mostly inefficient.
Public Education - mostly poor.

But I pay tithe...voluntarily.
A minimum of 10% of my income.
I pay offering...voluntarily.
Nobody forced me to pay these.
I give to Kingdom projects.
My church decides to build an edifice that I am proud of...fully complete with AC, waste disposal system, public toilets and other things my government can’t even seem to get right (even at airports - our gateway to the nation!)

My church builds a worship center where I am free from distractions and I can communicate freely with God.

I don’t pay for anointing services that expand my territory; for communion services that perfect my healing and activate my consciousness for eternal life; for worship programmes that take me to the ThroneRoom of the Master; or for prayer sessions that unlock the mysteries of life and the Kingdom.

No, I don’t pay for illumination or direction in any area of my life...Jesus is the LIGHT...as taught in my Church from the Bible.
I am not confused about direction or purpose...Jesus is the WAY!
My health is intact and when I have a scare and I need someone to pray with/for me...my Pastor gladly steps up and takes authority...charging nothing...because God wishes above all things that I be in health.
I have enjoyed covenant security at no cost.

Week in, week out, God (through the Church and my Pastors) blesses me...yet my government fails me at every turn!

Dear Activist,

What exactly have you done to hold government accountable for the taxes they receive but can’t fix the basics of standard living?

Yet, you are convinced that you have a moral right to complain about church edifices that members gladly contributed to erect?

Focus, my friend.
The Church is not your problem!

Authored by
Hadizat Jesulayoayemi Ibrahim
Re: On This Tithe Thing by HappyPagan: 11:41pm On Dec 17, 2018
Anas09:

THE CHURCH IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM!

By Hadizat ....
I go start to follow your threads, as you dey follow my own.

The suit we go sew, e fit no fit you. You fit no like am. cheesy

1 Like

Re: On This Tithe Thing by HappyPagan: 9:47pm On Dec 25, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Five Big Lies About Christmas. / Christmas Blessings: Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Gift Workers #30 Million, S / Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.