Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

""""""if Only"'''''''''''' - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / """"""if Only"'''''''''''' (963 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

""""""if Only"'''''''''''' by studdys(f): 12:42am On Apr 16, 2007
If only i could mean to u
A little more than i already do
If only one more thing i do
Could make you smile or impress you
If only by a word or two
I could show you how you don't make me blue
If only i could always touch
Your lovely skin i love so much
Or even brace myself and kiss
Your lovely lips; oh! such a bliss
Or even sit by you and stare
Into your lovely face
Cos your eyes i can't dare
If only i could make you see
How very much you mean to me
If only i could make us be
One soul,one spirit,don't you agree?
If only you'ld allow
To love you forever will be my VOW.
Re: """"""if Only"'''''''''''' by hotangel2(f): 11:31pm On Apr 30, 2007
It's beautiful. I love it.
Re: """"""if Only"'''''''''''' by studdys(f): 10:47pm On May 02, 2007
thanks dear kiss
Re: """"""if Only"'''''''''''' by Nobody: 10:47am On May 03, 2007
very beautiful poem. you're a bundle of talent, believe it or not
Re: """"""if Only"'''''''''''' by kluvyou: 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2007
Hi studdys,

I really so much love the poem u display, i was tough when i read it

Go Grl,  hw i hope u really mean it,  Do u?

Re: """"""if Only"'''''''''''' by RuuDie(m): 2:11pm On Aug 09, 2007
Beautiful idea, not a bad effort. . . . put out as simply as possible!

Contextually, some of the lines are repititions even though they look and sound pretty much different. . . you didn't quite sign-out with as much flourish as the start of the poem would'a demanded, sort'a took a little shine o'utta the piece. . .
at some points u attempted to rhyme but never followed thru; initially, you started with a pattern and mid-way deviated and then continued with it at the end. . . makes it all a little disjointed!

my guess is, you just got the idea; a li'l fleeting tho't thru' your mind and you penned it all down str8 up using the first set of words readily available to you at the time. . . . next time, you just take your time - there's no rush! read and re-read thru', modify the write; change words, changes sentences and stuff till it takes up a much better form!

first-time writes don't often come out as finished work, they have to be constantly refined till you feel in your heart, that you've attained the optimum!

(1) (Reply)

White Pap From The Black Pot. / Pieces of me / I Pledge Destruction For The Evil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.