Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

The Truth On Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth On Tithe (477 Views)

Catholic Church Doesn’t Run On Tithe– Cardinal Okogie Fires Back At Gov. Bello / Matthew Ashimolowo's Tweet On Tithe And Some Very Funny Replies (Pics) / Question On Tithe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth On Tithe by bishop101(m): 3:05pm On Dec 23, 2018
Firstly, I may sound controversial in what I will say.

Christians are not supposed to pay tithe, Doing so is a sin against God. If we examine what christian is all about you will come to a conclusion that it is Christ-like (doing exactly as Christ does) if Jesus we represent didn't in any form paid tithe, didn't talked about tithe in a positive light when He said in Luke 11:42 KJV woe to the pharisees, the Jesus we all believed in paid tax to the government. If we don't act in the same manner we are sinning against God.

Secondly, the tithing in the book of Malachi 3:8-10 was actually being said to the priests and not to the children of the Israelite as claimed. Let us look at Malachi chapter 2:1, that is the beginning of the warning and it ended in chapter 3, it means chapter 3 is a continuation.

And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you.

2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the Lord of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.
(Malachi was a prophet that God raised to speak to the priests because they went against God's laid down rules).

the verse will a man rob God in chapter 3 was actually talking to the priests.

thirdly, tithes are laws that where made to be followed but when Jesus came the law was now set aside we are no longer under the law but under grace. if we are still under the law it means if anyone should commit any abominable act he should be stoned as commanded, remember Jesus with the adulterous woman (go and sin no more in stead of stoning her).

Finally, the Nigerian version of Christianity is different from the Christianity that was been practiced by the early church, I will cite one example, in the early church, when an unbeliever is converted and repents of his/her sins he/she is baptized straight away but now we don't practice it anymore.

extra-: if you want to go to heaven on the last day this things i listed are what you will do
1. Be born-again
2. Be baptized
3. Receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit
4. Do exactly what Jesus said in Matt 25: 31-46

thank you very much as you pounder on these words

1 Like

Re: The Truth On Tithe by Righteousness89(m): 4:06pm On Dec 23, 2018
bishop101:
Firstly, I may sound controversial in what I will say.

Christians are not supposed to pay tithe, Doing so is a sin against God. If we examine what christian is all about you will come to a conclusion that it is Christ-like (doing exactly as Christ does) if Jesus we represent didn't in any form paid tithe, didn't talked about tithe in a positive light when He said in Luke 11:42 KJV woe to the pharisees, the Jesus we all believed in paid tax to the government. If we don't act in the same manner we are sinning against God.

Secondly, the tithing in the book of Malachi 3:8-10 was actually being said to the priests and not to the children of the Israelite as claimed. Let us look at Malachi chapter 2:1, that is the beginning of the warning and it ended in chapter 3, it means chapter 3 is a continuation.

And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you.

2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the Lord of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.
(Malachi was a prophet that God raised to speak to the priests because they went against God's laid down rules).

the verse will a man rob God in chapter 3 was actually talking to the priests.

thirdly, tithes are laws that where made to be followed but when Jesus came the law was now set aside we are no longer under the law but under grace. if we are still under the law it means if anyone should commit any abominable act he should be stoned as commanded, remember Jesus with the adulterous woman (go and sin no more in stead of stoning her).

Finally, the Nigerian version of Christianity is different from the Christianity that was been practiced by the early church, I will cite one example, in the early church, when an unbeliever is converted and repents of his/her sins he/she is baptized straight away but now we don't practice it anymore.

extra-: if you want to go to heaven on the last day this things i listed are what you will do
1. Be born-again
2. Be baptized
3. Receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit
4. Do exactly what Jesus said in Matt 25: 31-46

thank you very much as you pounder on these words
My Brother ! The Bible applies to us all! We are Spirtual Isrealites! There is no part of the Bible that is for Isreal and one part for Nigeria....
The GOD OF ABRAMHAM Issac and Jacob is the same GOD WE serve Today!

Bible is not a Story Book!

JESUS CHRIST THE SAME , Yesterday, Today and Forever....

Don't say Tithe is For Isreal!
Re: The Truth On Tithe by adelee777: 4:23pm On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:
My Brother ! The Bible applies to us all! We are Spirtual Isrealites! There is no part of the Bible that is for Isreal and one part for Nigeria....
The GOD OF ABRAMHAM Issac and Jacob is the same GOD WE serve Today!

Bible is not a Story Book!

JESUS CHRIST THE SAME , Yesterday, Today and Forever....

Don't say Tithe is For Isreal!

So, you still do animal sacrifices, since all the bible is directed to us?
Re: The Truth On Tithe by Righteousness89(m): 4:24pm On Dec 23, 2018
adelee777:

So, you still do animal sacrifices, since all the bible is directed to us?
THE DEATH OF JESUS CHRIST HAS ABOLISHED THAT!
Re: The Truth On Tithe by adelee777: 4:25pm On Dec 23, 2018
Righteousness89:
THE DEATH OF JESUS CHRIST HAS ABOLISHED THAT!

But that didn't abolish tithes?
Re: The Truth On Tithe by Righteousness89(m): 4:29pm On Dec 23, 2018
adelee777:

But that didn't abolish tithes?
No! Tithe was not a god or a form of god!

The Death of JESUS didn't abolish the 10Commandments!

(1) (Reply)

Chrismas: Santas Barely Finds Children To Present Gifts In Ruined Mosul(Video) / Reviving Story ; "O God Make Me A Television" / The Attitudes Of A Pastor And His Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.