Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,670 members, 7,827,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" (386908 Views)

Peak Milk Apologises To Christians Over ‘ Offensive’ Easter Advert / CAN Accuses Peak Milk Company Of Offensive Advert, Demands Apology / The Sincere Milk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:52am On May 31, 2020
Join Us For Sunday Virtual Service

OLAADEGBU:
JOIN THE ONLINE SERVICE
Video
https://www.youtube.com/user/DCLMHQ
Browser
https://webcast.dclm.org/
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/dclmhq
Twitter
https://twitter.com/dclmhq
Dclm radio video
Download the app and click the video
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dclm.live
For audio only
Radio android app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dclm.live
Radio online
English
https://radio.dclm.org
Yoruba interpretation
https://radio.dclm.org/yoruba
Igbo interpretation
https://radio.dclm.org/igbo
Hausa interpretation
https://radio.dclm.org/hausa
French
https://radio.dclm.org/french
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:16pm On Jun 01, 2020
SINCERE MILK: CHILDREN'S DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
MONDAY JUNE 1, 2020

Work While You Work
TEXT: Proverbs 10:4-6

"He becometh poor that dealeth with a slack hand: but the hand of the diligent maketh rich" (Proverbs 10:4).

A diligent child will prosper in all he does, while a slohtful and lazy child will have problems. Pleasure, play and work do not go together. It is better to separate the time to play and the time for work; and really work while it's time to work and play while it's time to play. This is the way to be a successful and happy child. However, some children prefer to work and play at the same time. Work should precede play time. This is why we have a period of holidays after many weeks of work at school. Some lazy children even prefer to play and put the work they should do aside. Now is the time to work if you want to make your future pleasurable and good.

To be diligent is to be hardworking, consistent and thorough. God hates laziness. He warns that your hand should not be slack but diligent. God is hardworking and He loves hardworking children. Hard work leads to success, promotion, happiness and joy of achievement. Play and sleep are good, but it is only a hardworking child that will enjoy the sweetness of play and sleep after a good time of hard work. Make a decision for a positive change of attitude towards your work, and God will bless your labour with success.

PRAYER: Lord, please bless me with a diligent and hardworking spirit.

FURTHER READING: Romans 13:11-13

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:15am On Jun 03, 2020
TUESDAY JUNE 02, 2020

Delight In God
TEXT: Job 22:26-29

"For then shalt thou have thy delight in the Almighty, and shalt lift up thy face unto God" (Job 22:26).

To delight in God means to have extreme pleasure and satisfaction in God and in the things of God. People take delight in the things they treasure. It is what or who you delight in that your heart pants after.

Our text clearly tells us who to delight in and why we should delight in the Almighty. Delighting or appreciating God has good rewards. Prepare your heart to seek the Lord. Love to daily read the word of God, meditate on it, obey and live by all that you are taught.

God hears our prayers and provides for all our needs. He establishes our decree and makes His light to shine on our ways. He shall lift you up as you humble yourself before Him and desire Him above every other thing, and appreciate His kindness and goodness to you. Lift up your face unto God and seek the Lord in prayer always, and He will bless you.

PRAYER: My soul, delight in the Lord my God and appreciate all His kindness to me.

FURTHER READING: Isaiah 58:13, 14

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:33am On Jun 03, 2020
WEDNESDAY JUNE 03, 2020

Day Of Rejoicing
TEXT: Psalm 118:20-24

"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it" (Psalm 118:24).

In everyone's life, some days are considered memorable because of some great things that might have happened on such days. In our text, the psalmist was celebrating the goodness of God in keeping him alive to see the beginning of a new day.

He was particularly glad that the Lord answered his prayers, fought the battles of his life and saved him. He was therefore very thankful to have such a loving and caring Father. He is emphasising that the goodness of the Lord on a daily basis calls for rejoicing and praising God.

Stop to think of the goodness of the Lord in your life. Are you full of gratitude to God for all He has done? Do you come before Him every morning full of thanksgiving for His manifold blessings by keeping you and all the members of your family to see the beauty of a new day? Do you have the attitude of gratitude for seeing the breaking of every new day? Do you praise God with your whole heart?

Remember that God delights in the praises of His children. Learn therefore to always come before Him with a heart filled with praises and thanksgiving like the psalmist. As you do this every morning, the Lord will increase your blessings and make you to have a joy-filled life.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to praise You at all times.

FURTHER READING: Psalm 100:1-5

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:29pm On Jun 04, 2020
THURSDAY JUNE 04, 2020

Rejoicing In Heaven
TEXT: Revelation 19:5-7

"...for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth" (Revelation 19:6b).

One of these days, God will call up all the friends of Jesus to a great feast at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb immediately after the rapture. It will be a glorious moment of gladness, praises and everlasting rejoicing in the presence of the Lord.

We will see our Saviour and Friend Jesus Christ, face to face, and the angels of God will serve us for a period of seven years in that wonderful gathering. We will sing and shout Hallelujah! I'm sure you will like to be in that heavenly gathering.

After this great feast, we shall live with Him forever and He will rule and reign over us, and be our King. All the friends of Jesus will rejoice and worship before the Lord in heaven forever and ever.

Everyone can be there. All you need to do this day is to turn away from your bad ways and receive Jesus into your heart, and let Him be your personal Saviour and Lord. You will then receive grace from Him to live holy as you daily await His coming to take you to heaven.

When He comes, you will then be among those who will be at the great feast to rejoice, sing and shout "Hallelujah for the Lord God Omnipotent reigneth"

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, give me the grace to daily keep myself holy and ready for Your glorious kingdom.

FURTHER READING: Revelation 21:2-4

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:22pm On Jun 06, 2020
FRIDAY JUNE 5, 2020

Endless Praise
TEXT: Revelation 4:9-11

"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created" (Revelation 4:11).

One can only imagine how glorious Heaven will be. A place where people sing, worship and rejoice every moment. Some of the glorious activities that friends of Jesus will engage in, when they get to Heaven, will be to praise and worship our heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. It will not be that half-hearted, fleshly and unserious worship that merely appeals to the flesh, but rather, one that will come from redeemed saints and glorious angels with all kinds of instruments to worship our God for His majesty and triumph for the redeemed.

Whenever we gather together to praise and worship the Lord, you should always remember that:

(i) God is pleased and inhabits the praise of His people.
(ii) Problems disappear when we praise God.
(iii) More blessings and victories come as we sing praises and worship God.

Therefore, when you sing and worship the Lord, you should praise Him with your whole heart. It is good to sing praises unto our God: for it is pleasant, and praise is comely.

PRAYER: Lord, teach me to sing Your praise always, with my whole heart.

FURTHER READING: Psalm 136:1-7

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:36pm On Jun 06, 2020
SATURDAY JUNE 6, 2020

Consider Your Ways
TEXT: Haggai 1:3-11

"Now therefore thus saith the Lord of hosts; Consider your ways" (Haggai 1:5).

When somebody is having problems or challenges in his/her life, and it appears the problem defies solutions, people often advise, "examine yourself to see where you have gone wrong/astray."

In our passage today, God sent Prophet Haggai to His people - Israel, to be sincere in their moments of trials and look back to consider their ways. God always wants His people to show humility by regularly looking through their lives to asses their relationship with Him and repent of all wrong doings.

God is a merciful Father, He is always willing to forgive and accept anybody who realises his sinful ways and turns to Him. The message of Jesus Christ to the church at Ephesus in Revelation 2:5a is still relevant to Christians today, "Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works..." Do you love games or things of the world more than Jesus? Do you give attention to your studies and schoolwork more than you give to God? Some children do their school take home assignment during church service. Some will even completely stay away from Church because they need time to prepare for examination.

Where is the place of God in your plan and daily activities? How much love do you have for Jesus and the things of His kingdom? Consider your ways and repent now. Serve the Lord Jesus, give Him first place in your life and give Him all that you have.

PRAYER: O Lord, help me to serve You with all my heart and all that I have.

FURTHER READING: Isaiah 1:16-20

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:24pm On Jun 08, 2020
SUNDAY JUNE 7, 2020

Don't Be Lazy!
TEXT: Proverbs 6:6-11

"Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise" (Proverbs 6:6).

The Bible refers to a lazy person as a 'sluggard.' He is one who:

(a) Delays his work.
(b) Pushes the work he can do now for another time.
(c) Does not finish what he has started.
(d) Follows the least difficult course of action.
(e) Never does what he ought to do at the right time.
(f) Loves to sleep, play and roam about.

The sluggard! Watch and learn from the tiny ant. It does not have a guide or strength; yet, it is hardworking. During harvest, it gathers enough food into her store house. By so doing, it always has enough during famine.

If you want to be a successful child, you must also learn to work hard and don't play all the time. Be diligent in doing your chores and school assignments. Be always punctual in church, school and other important places. You also need to do your quiet time, read your Bible, memorise Bible passages, share the word of God with the unsaved, and pray always. Strive always for excellence and live by the word of God.

PRAYER: Dear Lord, help me to learn from Your word and be a hardworking child.

FURTHER READING: Proverbs 20:11, 13

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:17am On Jun 09, 2020
MONDAY JUNE 8, 2020

Make Heaven Happy
TEXT: Luke 15:3-7

"I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance" (Luke 15:7).

The command of the Lord Jesus to His disciples before He ascended into heaven is clearly centred on preaching the word of God without any limitation. The purpose of God is to save sinners and backsliders who have been captured by Satan, and bring them back unto Himself.

The Bible passage above clearly tells us that there is always joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance. If such joy exists when one sinner repents, imagine the kind of joy that will be in heaven if you succeed in converting many souls to the Lord.

You may face challenges while seeking to bring people to Jesus. Don't be discouraged since your effort will bring souls to God and create much joy in heaven. Stephen, for example, endured when he was being stoned to death for preaching the gospel. Great rewards await all who will work tirelessly to make heaven happy.

PRAYER: Father, please grant me the zeal to work hard and preach the gospel so as to create much joy in heaven.

FURTHER READING: Matthew 28:19, 20

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:00am On Jun 09, 2020
TUESDAY JUNE 9, 2020

Keep Thyself Pure
TEXT: 1 Timothy 5:20,22

"Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other mens sins: keep thyself pure" (1 Timothy 5:22).

"Oh! To be like Thee! Oh to be like Thee,
Blessed Redeemer, pure as Thou art;
Come in Thy sweetness, come in Thy fullness;
Stamp Thine own image deep on my heart."

This song teaches every child how to pray aright. To be pure like our Saviour, should be your desire and prayer every day. The instruction from God to His children is: "Keep yourself pure." This shows that you have a duty as a child of God to maintain purity of life. To keep yourself pure is to maintain holiness of life every moment of the day. Therefore, watch who you choose to be your friend, do not take part in other people's sin or follow the ways of the world.

During your school's end-of-session party, inter-house sports competition, and other extracurricular activities and social engagements, keep yourself pure. You must be pure in your thoughts, words and actions every day. There are some things others may freely do but you cannot because you belong to Christ.

PRAYER: Lord, keep me pure and ready for Your coming.

FURTHER READING: Romans 12:1, 2

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:28am On Jun 10, 2020
WEDNESDAY JUNE 10, 2020

The Beautiful Home
TEXT: John 14:1-3

"In My Fathers house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you" (John 14:2).

Kenny and her brothers were very happy that their family would be moving to a very beautiful house in another region of their country. The house had beautiful flowers, a well-kept garden, a swimming pool, guest house and recreation centre for the children. There were six big rooms in the duplex. Each of the children would have a room to himself or herself. They were all looking forward to when they would move to that house.

In our passage, Jesus speaks of many mansions in the Father's house, which is far better than the one Kenny and her brothers would be moving into. There is no place on earth that can be compared to heaven. It is good news to know that a better home than the one lost in the Garden of Eden, awaits all true friends of Jesus. Jesus has gone to prepare a place and promised to come back and take us there. But if any child loses this privilege, no other opportunity will be provided.

To partake of this great and beautiful accommodation in heaven, you must be born again and be completely free from sin. If you are still a sinner, repent now. Turn away from sin and receive Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour and Friend. Then, daily live in readiness for the coming of the Lord.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, I know that there is a mansion specially provided for me in heaven. I pray that no one will take my place in Jesus' name.

FURTHER READING: Revelation 21:1, 2

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:07pm On Jun 10, 2020
THURSDAY JUNE 11, 2020

Shine The Light
TEXT: Isaiah 60:1-3

"Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee" (Isaiah 60:1).

Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is the Light of the world, and no darkness is in Him. There is a chorus which goes thus:

"Rise and shine, and give God the glory, glory,
Rise and shine, and give God the glory, glory,
Rise and shine, and give God the glory, glory,
Children of the Lord."

There are three important words in the song that is related to the topic of our meditation as children of God. One is 'Arise.' To arise is to take action, to rise up from sleep, slumber or a seating position.

The second word is 'Shine.' To shine, you must show godly examples to others through your actions, words, thoughts, associations and everything you do. Show love to all around you, speak words of encouragement to those who are sad, let your thoughts dwell on God's word, and be in fellowship with those who love the Lord. As you go out each day, shine the light.

The third word is 'Glory.' The glory of the Lord will show forth in your life as you shine the light. All that meet you today will praise the Lord for your life. Arise now, go into the world and shine. Let God be glorified.

PRAYER: Lord, keep me shining for You every day.

FURTHER READING: Ephesians 5:14

See more here:

Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:32pm On Jun 11, 2020
FRIDAY JUNE 12, 2020

The Greatest Love
TEXT: John 15:12-15

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13).

The punishment for stealing in Bantu Kingdom was death. One day, Elese stole a goat and he was caught. "He must die," said the people of the kingdom. They brought Elese to the village square where he was to be stoned to death. Not long afterwards, a great king came from a far country to help Elese when he heard of what the people of Bantu wanted to do to him. "Why do you want to kill him?" asked the king when he got to the village square.

"He is a thief! He stole a goat!" shouted the people. "Please, don't kill him," pleaded the king. "Will you die for him?" asked the people. "Yes I will," replied the king. Shortly after, the king took his place and he was stoned to death while Elese was set free.

Elese in our story stands for all sinful children in the world while the great King is Jesus Christ. Just as the great king agreed to take the place of Elese, Jesus also took our place on the cross to set us free from sin - that whosoever believes in Him would not perish but have everlasting life. Have you accepted Jesus into your life?

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, thank You for dying for me.

FURTHER READING: 1 Corinthians 13:13

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:28am On Jun 14, 2020
SATURDAY JUNE 13, 2020

You Are Special
TEXT: 1 Peter 2:9-11

"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people..." (1 Peter 2:9).

Any child born into a royal family is special. The child will be given special care and attention from birth. He will be exposed to quality nursing, feeding, education and great honour. The child will not be allowed to mix with ordinary children like the street boys and naughty children. The reason he is given such special care is because he is a prince. He is from a royal family, the family of kings and queens.

When you receive Jesus into your heart and make Him your Saviour and Friend, you become born again. You become a child of the most High God, who is the King of kings. You are now a member of the family of God. You also become a priest and one who is called by the name of God. Therefore, you are now special, so you need to carry yourself with honour by living holy as a dear child of God. You must determine in your heart to be separate from the world and not follow the crowd to do evil. This is the way to live up to who you are called to be: "A special child of God."

PRAYER: Oh Lord, thank You for making me a special child.

FURTHER READING: Revelation 5:9, 10

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:13am On Jun 14, 2020
SUNDAY JUNE 14, 2020

Overcome Evil With Good
TEXT: Romans 12:19-21

"Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good" (Romans 12:21).

"She first did it to me; I only did my own back," said Julie crying. This is the statement kids often make in order to explain why they retaliate.
Others may hurt you, abuse, tell lies against you, scold, mock, snob or even assault you, they may even take away that which is yours or deny you your rights.

What should be your reaction? Pay back evil for evil or forgive? Love and continue to love them? If it is the case of a bully, report him to your teacher or your parents.

Do not allow the evil doers to change your identity to become like them. The command of God is "...overcome evil with good."

Jesus warns all His friends never to repay evil with evil; but to do good to those who hate them. Never do your own back, always do good to all. The Lord will grant you the grace to remain steadfast in doing good.

PRAYER: O Lord, give me grace to always forgive and overcome evil with good.

FURTHER READING: Revelation 5:9, 10

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:03pm On Jun 14, 2020
MONDAY JUNE 15, 2020

Prayer
TEXT: Matthew 6:9-13

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you" (Matthew 7:7).

Some people describe prayer as the 'believer's breath.' To a Christian child, prayer is like the air he breathes to keep alive. A prayerless friend of Jesus will soon die spiritually. It is through prayer that you receive strength to overcome temptation and live the Christian life.

Through prayer, you tell God your needs and desires. It is also through prayer that you give God thanks and praises. Moreover, prayer prepares the heart of sinful children to receive God's word and win them to Christ. Someone has said that prayer moves the hand that controls the world. Jesus Christ knows the importance of prayer, that is why He taught His friends how to pray; "And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint." When you are praying, bless God's name, seek to know and do God's will, ask for grace to forgive others, intercede for others, and pray for your own needs too. God will surely answer your prayer if you live holy and obey Him.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, teach me to pray according to Your will.

FURTHER READING: Luke 18:1

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:36pm On Jun 16, 2020
TUESDAY JUNE 16, 2020

God Knows Your Name
TEXT: 1 Samuel 3:1-10

"And the Lord came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth" (1 Samuel 3:10).

There are more than six billion people in the world. These six billion people are different in nature, character and also bear different names. However, it will interest you to know that God knows all the six billion people by their names. He even knows the number of hair on each person's head.
Isn't it wonderful that God knows your name? God called Samuel by his name and gave him a message for the family of Eli. Samuel initially did not recognize God's call because he had not yet known the Lord.

Eli instructed Samuel on what and how to respond to God, and Samuel was able to receive the message from God. Do you know that God knows your name too? He has an assignment for you and He is calling you today. Have you answered His call? Jesus is calling you to salvation, are you saved? If not, repent now and surrender your life to Jesus. He also calls you to live a holy life. Answer the call today and you will be blessed.

PRAYER: Lord, open my ears to hear when You call.

FURTHER READING: Exodus 20:1-4

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:09am On Jun 17, 2020
WEDNESDAY JUNE 17, 2020

He Does No Evil
TEXT: 1 Kings 17:17-22

"And he cried unto the LORD, and said, O LORD my God, hast thou also brought evil upon the widow with whom I sojourn, by slaying her son?" (1 Kings 17:20).

God cannot do evil. Sadly, even some well-beloved people of God, in their moments of pain and disappointment, have ignorantly attributed some evil occurrences to God. You may have heard someone saying, "What have I done that God has done this evil to me?" It is one thing to get into trouble and entirely another to know rightly from where the trouble comes, and where to seek help.

In our text, Elijah, the man of God, made a mistake. There was a serious and perplexing problem. The only son of the woman whom God used to meet his needs, suddenly became sick and died. Was it caused by God? No! When trouble, affliction, disappointment or even death occurs, we should not charge God foolishly, but rather, run to Him for help and comfort.

Call upon God in your time of distress and He will help you. No situation should make you consider to stop loving God. He does no evil. God is good all the time. He is kind to them that fear Him (Psalm 33:18, 19).

PRAYER: Dear Lord, teach me to trust You in all my troubles.

FURTHER READING: Job 1:20-22

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:38am On Jun 18, 2020
THURSDAY JUNE 18, 2020

Believe In God
TEXT: Numbers 13:26-33

"And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it" (Numbers 13:30).

Moses sent twelve men to search out the land of Canaan to see the way the land was and the people that lived there. He told them to be courageous as they went to survey the land. However, when they came back, they said many bad things about the land. Their evil report discouraged the children of Israel from possessing it. The report made them afraid. It was only Joshua and Caleb that brought home a favourable report, they believed that God would help them to overcome the people. Unbelief can hinder the manifestation of God's promises in one's life. Jesus said, "... If you canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth." The men that brought the evil report focused on the land and the people of the land. They did not focus on God who promised to give them the land and who has the power to give them the land.

God has promised His children many good things, but we need to believe His promises. In every situation, focus on Jesus and not on the problem. Believe in Jesus and all things will be possible to you.

PRAYER: God, give me the grace to believe Your promises.

FURTHER READING: Numbers 14:6-9

See more here:

Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:35am On Jun 19, 2020
FRIDAY JUNE 19, 2020

Black Cannot Be White
TEXT: Proverbs 17:12-15

"He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD" (Proverbs 17:15).

The teacher returned to the class and noticed that the cover of the class' First Aid Box was broken. She therefore called Mike apart to find out what happened. Mike knew it was his friend, Jordan, who actually spoilt the box, but told the teacher it was Henry. Mike told a lie because he wanted to shield his guilty friend from blame and punishment. Black is never white. Therefore, any attempt to refer to black as white is ungodly. The fact that someone is your brother or sister does not clear him/her from wrong doing, and you should not justify him/her for any reason.

Remember, justifying the wicked and condemning the just attracts the same punishment from God. Do not take sides with ungodly children, neither should you support evil and condemn the righteous. Such behaviour is common among children. God hates it and will punish those who practice it. You must, prayerfully, make up your mind that you will not justify the wicked or condemn the innocent.

Prayer: God, help me to tell the truth no matter who is concerned.

Further Reading: Exodus 23:7-9

See more here:

Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:24pm On Jun 19, 2020
SATURDAY JUNE 20, 2020

Avoid Unbelief
TEXT: Numbers 14:20-23

"Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked Me see it" (Numbers 14:23).

Unbelief is lack of faith in God and His word. It is a sin. When God makes a promise, He keeps it; He is not like man who can decide to change his mind.

God did not forget the promise He made to Abraham many years back, that his seed (his children from one generation to another), would inherit the land where he was a stranger.

Abraham believed and obeyed God. Many children hear but do not believe and obey the word of God. They do not believe that simple faith in Jesus Christ's atonement on the cross at Calvary can set them free from sin.

Do not behave like that. Have faith in God, trust in His promises which cannot fail, and inherit the blessedness of the Almighty God.

Prayer: Dear Lord, help me to avoid unbelief.

Further Reading: Genesis 17:7-10

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by Janosky: 9:37pm On Jun 19, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

FURTHER READING: [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage//][color=purple]John 3:14–17

John 3:14-17,

John 3:16-17
[b]For God so loved the world that he gave* his only Son,
so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life.k
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn* the world, but that the world might be saved through him.l

God sent his own Son to die for Man's redemption.

[b]Kumuyi slave say na LIE. God was killed and They died.
Before they died, God shouted at themselves" my God, my God why have you forsaken me?"
[/b]
grin grin
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:58pm On Jun 19, 2020
Janosky:

John 3:14-17,

John 3:16-17
For God so loved the world that he gave* his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life.k
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn* the world, but that the world might be saved through him.l

God sent his own Son to die for Man's redemption.

[b]Kumuyi slave say na LIE. God was killed and They died.
Before they died, God shouted at themselves" my God, my God why have you forsaken me?"
[/b]
grin grin

I know that the devotion you quoted has to do with birthdays and that got your attention. Do you like the way you were born? If not why not get born again and celebrate that day?
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:39am On Jun 21, 2020
SUNDAY JUN 21, 2020

Anchor Of Faith
TEXT: 1 Timothy 1:18-20

"Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck" (1 Timothy 1:19).

The Bible says so much about conscience. Conscience is, simply, the moral sense of knowing what is right or wrong. A good conscience is an anchor or support that holds our ship of faith in peace.

Our faith crashes or suffers accident if our conscience is defiled. A ship without an anchor is heading for a disaster. So, faith without conscience is empty and cannot please God.

A good conscience makes our faith in Jesus meaningful. How can we claim to believe in Jesus, yet, in our minds, cannot overcome immoral thoughts and wicked plans?

In our text, Paul, the Apostle, mentioned the names of some people who, probably, taught others that it was not possible for their faith in Jesus to set them free from sins.

You are saved from sin, and God wants you to have a conscience void of offence before God and man. What you think and love, and what you do and approve of, must be such that are according to God's law of righteousness.

God wants you to be separate from bad friends who do not want you to live a holy life. Live right and have a good conscience.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are able to save me from all sins. Bless me with a good conscience.

Further Reading: Acts 24:14-16

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:12am On Jun 22, 2020
MONDAY JUNE 22, 2020

Perfect Security
TEXT: Psalm 91:1-10

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty" (Psalm 91:1).

Insecurity in the world has become a matter of concern to government and the citizens as well. The limited nations and other world organizations have set up a lot of measures to solve the problem without success. This shows that none has found solution to this fearful problem.

The good news is that God is the only source of the believer's security. They need not fear but rather trust in God. The problem of insecurity in the world has led to increase in the cases of murder, rape, kidnapping, terrorism, ritual killings, robbery and occultism. All these bring fear and uncertainty which make our homes unsafe. In order to be safe, many people seek help and protection from the wrong source. The word of God teaches us that there is no perfect security anywhere outside Christ. God is our refuge in time of trouble. Those who look for help from wrong sources should understand that God alone provides perfect security. If they will come to Him by turning away from their sins today, they will be secured under His refuge.

Prayer: Lord, keep me under Your refuge.

Further Reading: Psalm 46:1-6

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:42am On Jun 23, 2020
TUESDAY JUNE 23, 2020

Woe Unto Them!
TEXT: ISAIAH 5:16-21

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" (Isaiah 5:20).

Anguish, sadness, despair, affliction and grief are some of the words that have the same meaning with the word "woe." They are all strong words that express God's deep displeasure against the people involved in sinful practices. The Lord Jesus also used the word "woe," on the Pharisees as He rebuked them for their hypocrisy.

The people of the world have given themselves to doing evil, injustice and wickedness. They deliberately chose to call evil - good, darkness - light, bitter - sweet. In a society where such people exist, there will be a great deal of injustice, cheating, lying, corruption and all kinds of evil deeds.
Most people do not understand that their actions attract rebuke and punishment from God. If they did, they could have stopped all their evil practices. People commit this sin of 'misplacement' as a means of covering up either their own ungodly deeds or that of their friends and family. Such people, according to the word of God, are "wise in their own eyes and prudent in their own sight!" They deceive themselves by calling evil good.

God cannot be deceived. He will bring all evil workers to judgment. You must repent of all evil practices and avoid fellowship with ungodly children who call evil good, to avoid the danger of God's judgment.

Prayer: Lord, help me never to support others in their sin but to separate from evildoers.

Further Reading: Matthew 23:13-16

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by Janosky: 11:12am On Jun 23, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

I know that the devotion you quoted has to do with birthdays and that got your attention. Do you like the way you was born? If not why not get born again and celebrate that day?

GIBBERISH grin

This is OLAADEGBU reminder that himself and his god ,kumuyi done become IDOL WORSHIPPERS, celebrating what them forbid

grin grin grin grin

Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:03am On Jun 24, 2020
WEDNESDAY JUNE 24, 2020

The Holy Ghost Power
TEXT: Acts 1:4-8

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto Me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth" (Acts 1:8)

Stella was a friend of Jesus, but she was very shy and timid. She loved to go out for evangelism, but she always felt too shy to talk to people. One day, she attended fellowship and the topic was on 'Holy Ghost Baptism.'

The pastor told the congregation that the Holy Spirit made people bold to preach the gospel and speak in tongues. Stella knew she must ask for the baptism in the Holy Ghost so that she could have power and boldness to preach the gospel. She prayed earnestly and she was baptized in the Holy Ghost.

The next day, she went out with her friend on evangelism, and she boldly preached the gospel to some children in her neighbourhood, and two of them got converted. The Holy Ghost empowers friends of Jesus to do great things for God.

Have you been baptized in the Holy Ghost? As a friend of Jesus, ask God to sanctify your heart and then earnestly pray to receive the baptism in the Holy Ghost. God will baptize you and equip you to do great things in His name.

Sinners should repent of their sins then accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour; then ask for a pure heart before they can pray for the Holy Ghost baptism.

Prayer: God, please fill me with the Holy Ghost power and help me to win souls for Christ.

Further Reading: Acts 2:1-4

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:26am On Jun 25, 2020
THURSDAY JUNE 25, 2020

Food From Heaven
TEXT: Exodus 16:11-15

"And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the LORD hath given you to eat" (Exodus 16:15)

There are different types of food that children love to eat. Such foods are rice, beans, bread, yam, cocoyam, biscuits, noodles, sausage rolls, cakes, etc.
All these are food that can be found here on earth. But the Bible talks about a certain food that was not grown or prepared on earth. Have you ever eaten that before?

The children of Israel ate this type of food for forty years. The food was called manna. Everything about the food was wonderful; but if they kept it overnight, it would breed worms.

If they went out on the Sabbath day to gather it, it would not be seen. If they gathered it a day before the Sabbath day, it would last for two days. The one kept in the ark lasted for many years.

Jesus is the manna that came down from heaven. Jesus is the bread of life. Your life will be wonderful if you accept Him wholeheartedly today as your Saviour and Lord.

Prayer: Lord, You are the Manna from heaven; feed me till I want no more.

Further Reading: John 6:48-51

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:43pm On Jun 25, 2020
FRIDAY JUNE 26, 2020

There Is Hope
TEXT: Ezekiel 37:1-10

"And He said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest" (Ezekiel 37:3)

Dead bones do not have breath in them. When a person dies, the bones become dry and useless. It is only meant to be burnt or buried in the earth. It was in the valley of such dry bones that Ezekiel saw the bones of many people. The bones were no longer joined to one another and were very dry. They had died for long and there was nothing that anyone could do to bring life to them. However, God told Ezekiel to prophesy to the bones. He did as he was commanded, and the bones became living human beings again.

The people of Israel thought that there was no hope for them in their captivity, but God used these dry bones that received life to teach Ezekiel and the children of Israel that there is always hope in a seeming hopeless situation. Whatever your situation may be, cheer up and trust God. There is hope!

Prayer: The Omnipotent God reigns in my life and so I cannot fear.

Further Reading: Ezekiel 37:11-14

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:01pm On Jun 26, 2020
SATURDAY JUNE 27, 2020

Come Into The Ark
TEXT: Genesis 7:1-7

"And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation" (Genesis 7:1)

Noah preached a message which many people did not believe. His message to the people at that time looked like: "Rain is coming: God is going to send a great flood to destroy this wicked world. I am building an ark. Come right in so as to be saved from the flood." Yet, they could not imagine rain falling so much as to cause a great flood. So, the people did not listen; neither did they believe Noah. Many of them might have thought that thousands of years had passed from the time when God created Adam till date; yet, there was no such rain as Noah said would fall. So, they thought that there was no basis for them to believe him. Thus, they continued in their wicked ways until the flood came and swept them all away! Just eight people who were members of Noah's family entered the ark. Some animals, instead of humans, also entered into the ark.

Jesus is the Ark of salvation for the world today. As it was in the days of Noah, so it is today. Many are hearing the gospel message, but they refuse to repent and heed the invitation to come to Jesus Christ, the Ark of God. Repent today before it is too late!

Prayer: Dear Lord, count me among the righteous that will enter heaven at last.

Further Reading: Hebrews 11:6, 7

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:44am On Jun 28, 2020
SUNDAY JUNE 28, 2020

Abide In Christ
TEXT: John 15:4-7

"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in Me" (John 15:4)

At salvation, a child's sins are forgiven. He or she receives eternal life and the power to remain in Christ. To abide means to remain and continue to live by the word of God. Just as the branch of a tree has life only as long as it remains attached to the tree, so believers have Christ's life only as long as they abide in Him.

The conditions for remaining in Christ are:

(i) Keeping God's word continually in the heart and making it the guide for your actions.
(ii) Maintaining the habit of constant intimate communion with Christ in order to draw strength from Him.
(iii) Obeying His command to love one another.
(iv) Keeping yourself clean through His word.
(v) Resisting sin and yielding to the Spirit's direction.
You must not allow the cares of the world and its influences to make you turn your back on Christ. Remain with Him and He will bless and keep you till the end.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, help me to abide in You and do Your will all the days of my life.

Further Reading: Colossians 1:19-23

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (49) (Reply)

Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation / Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 180
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.