Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,707 members, 7,827,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" (386946 Views)

Peak Milk Apologises To Christians Over ‘ Offensive’ Easter Advert / CAN Accuses Peak Milk Company Of Offensive Advert, Demands Apology / The Sincere Milk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:27pm On Jun 28, 2020
SINCERE MILK: CHILDREN'S DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
MONDAY JUNE 29, 2020

The Haven Of Peace
TEXT: John 14:25-27

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: Not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" (John 14:27)

The world we are living in is full of problems that take peace away from troubled hearts. The inhabitants of the world desire peace: That state of absence of strife, turmoil, war, or freedom from mental stress and worry. The search is continuous. It was the search for peace that prompted the formation of an organization now called the 'United Nations,' by independent nations in 1945, to promote world peace and security. But what measure of peace has the world known?

Peace is not mere absence of war, hostility, disaster, worries and anxiety. It is actually the unimaginable rest of mind, calmness in conduct, and faith in the unfailing love and power of God in times of affliction, disappointment and fear. True peace can only be found in Christ. It is only when you are in Jesus that the peace of God can reign in your heart, no matter what you may be going through. Therefore, being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, let your peace reign in my heart always.

Further Reading: Psalm 85:7, 8

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:58pm On Jun 29, 2020
TUESDAY JUNE 30, 2020

Philip: A Disciple Of Jesus
TEXT: John 1:43-51

"The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow Me" (John 1:43)

Philip was from Bethsaida, like Peter and Andrew. He responded to the call of Jesus to follow Him, without delay. He also called Nathaniel to Jesus. He had a 'servant's heart'. He was also referred to as an 'open-to-God' man. He served God as a missionary in Asian territory. He loved soul winning and brought many people to the knowledge of Christ; he was not ashamed of the gospel. As he was preaching, God was also using him to heal the sick.

Philip was killed for the sake of the gospel of Christ which he was preaching. He endured till the end because he was not ashamed of what he believed and preached. Christ is still calling all His friends to a life of deep commitment to Him and to the preaching of the gospel.

Prayer: Lord, give me a servant's heart that will obey and serve You diligently.

Further Reading: Matthew 10:1-4

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:30am On Jul 01, 2020
WEDNESDAY JULY 01, 2020

Be A Wise Watchman
TEXT: Ezekiel 3:16-18

"Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at My mouth, and give them warning from Me" (Ezekiel 3:17)

A story was told of a Christian girl whose name was Esther. She gained admission into a boarding school. On getting to the school, she started sharing the word of God with zeal. One day, a boy named Tom approached her, he wanted to be her boyfriend. She prayed in the Spirit and told the boy that he must be born again. Tom smiled and went to the hostel. On getting to the hostel, he heard another voice telling him to be born again. As he went to the toilet, he still heard the same voice. He went to the dining and from there to his bedroom to sleep.

As he moved around, he kept on hearing the same voice, "You must be born again." He decided to see his pastor the following day. He told him how the girl he wanted to befriend rather advised him to become born again. His pastor preached to him and told him to repent and accept Jesus as his Saviour and Lord. Tom did and that was how he became saved from his sins. Praise the Lord! You must watch over the souls of sinners so that they will not miss heaven.

Prayer: Dear Lord, help me to be a wise watchman.

Further Reading: Proverbs 11:30

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:38am On Jul 03, 2020
THURSDAY JULY 2, 2020

Do Not Revenge
TEXT: Romans 12:19-21

"Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good" (Romans 12:21)

Grace is a friend of Jesus. She was very brilliant in school and other children became envious of her. They gossiped about her and told lies against her. But Grace was not bothered; instead, she continued to do good and preached to them. They were surprised that she never fought back. So, some of her classmates went to her and asked why she never revenged. She explained to them that Christ commands His children never to do so. Then, she led them to Christ.

Our text completely condemns rendering evil for evil, but encourages overcoming evil with good like Grace did in our story. You should love others, including your persecutors; by doing so, you will win them to Christ. Never try to revenge because vengeance belongs to God. You must love God and be kind to those who hate you.

Prayer: Help me Lord, to overcome evil with good.

Further Reading: 1 Thessalonians 5:15

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:46pm On Jul 03, 2020
FRIDAY JULY 3, 2020

Appreciating God's Gift
TEXT: James 1:17-18

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning" (James 1:17)

A couple lived in a small, quiet village; they had no child. After many years, God blessed them with a baby boy. Unfortunately, their baby became very sick but they never prayed nor trusted God for their child's healing. It got to a point that the husband was very frustrated and he carried the baby and dumped him in a public refuse dump, hoping he would die. The baby cried and cried until he could not cry again.

His mother went to pick him up from the place and her husband threatened to send both mother and son away. The man forgot that it was God Who gave them the child after many years of praying for him. The woman did not forget, she prayed and promised to give the child to God if God healed him. As time passed by, her child gradually became well. His mother brought him up in God's way and he became a preacher of the gospel, bringing many souls into God's kingdom. You must be grateful to God for all His gifts to you.

Prayer: Lord, help me to surrender my life and my all to You.

Further Reading: Psalm 103:4, 22

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:28am On Jul 04, 2020
SATURDAY JULY 4, 2020

Make God Happy
TEXT: Romans 8:8,9

"So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God" (Romans 8:8)

A man had two children; a boy and a girl. The girl was obedient, humble, gentle and respectful; but her brother was very stubborn, proud, rebellious and refused to be a friend of Jesus. Their parents did not like this and were very unhappy. The same applies to God. If you want to make God happy, you must become a friend of Jesus by turning away from your sins and become born again.

Do you want to make God happy? Yes, it is important. But you cannot do it if you are living in sin. God hates sin, it separates man from Him. Sin makes you stink like a dead rat before God. Why not repent and be washed in the blood of Jesus? The blood of Jesus will take away all your sins. Read the Bible daily, obey it, pray always, win souls for Christ, and begin to live a holy life. God will be happy with you.

Prayer: Dear God, help me to live my life to please You in Jesus' Name.

Further Reading: 1 Thessalonians 5:22

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:09am On Jul 05, 2020
SUNDAY JULY 5, 2020

Urgent Call To Preach
TEXT: 2 Timothy 4:2,3

"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine" (2 Timothy 4:2)

When I was a child, I saw a young man who was very zealous in preaching and visiting members after every church service. He usually woke up around 4:00 am to start 'morning cry' in the neighbourhood. I watched and as the years went by, his vibrant nature went down, his energy diminished, and he could not do those things again. I learnt a big lesson from his life - there is a time for everything. Thus, I promised God that I would start very early to serve Him. You too can make a decision today - to serve God with your whole heart, spirit, body and strength.

As we saw in our story, a day is coming when you will be too old to move about easily. Begin to serve God from an early age while your strength can still carry you to different places for the Lord. Make up your mind never to procrastinate in your preaching so that God will not require sinners' blood from your hands. Also, face your studies and do your domestic chores, and you will have good success.

Prayer: Dear Lord, help me to stay faithful in preaching the gospel.

Further Reading: Ezekiel 3:17-19

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:05pm On Jul 06, 2020
MONDAY JULY 6, 2020

The Prodigal Son
TEXT: Luke 15:20-24

"And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son" (Luke 15:21)

The young man suddenly became rebellious. He asked his father for his portion of inheritance and left the family to live in another city. He went to a far country, became a prodigal, and wasted all that he collected from his father. His family thought he was dead because they had not heard from him for a long time. Some boys and girls are like this young man, they want to follow the way of the world, not willing to remain under the control of their godly parents and teachers.

The prodigal son however realised his foolishness and sinful state, and decided to go back to his father. He was accepted and forgiven. Likewise, our heavenly Father is willing to forgive and take back backsliders who repent and turn away from their sins. If you have gone astray, Jesus is willing and waiting to accept you back unto Himself. Come back home today.

Prayer: Dear Lord, help me to repent of all my sins today.

Further Reading: Ephesians 6:1-3

See more here:

1 Share

Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:30pm On Jul 07, 2020
TUESDAY JULY 7, 2020

Lingering Is Dangerous
TEXT: Genesis 19:15-17

"And while he lingered, the men laid hold upon his hand, and upon the hand of his wife, and upon the hand of his two daughters; the LORD being merciful unto him: and they brought him forth, and set him without the city" (Genesis 19:16)

One day, there was a fire outbreak in a five-storey building. A husband woke up his wife and she immediately started packing her costly clothes. The eldest son quickly carried his younger sister and brother to safety. The father, eldest son and two other children escaped, but his wife did not make it. She wanted to carry her gold, lace fabrics and other valuable things.

The same thing happened when angels went to Sodom to rescue Lot and his family. They all lingered but the angels held their hands to rescue them from doom that was to fall upon the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. Lot's wife escaped initially, but seemed not to forget her earthly belongings. On looking back, she became a pillar of salt.

Are you still doing bad things despite God's continued warnings through His word, your teachers and parents, that you should repent? Why are you still in the company of bad boys and girls? Delay is dangerous. Jesus will soon come. Do not look away from the things of God. You may be consumed like Lot's wife. Everything in this world will pass away but those who do God's will shall abide forever. You must follow Jesus till the end.

Prayer: Dear Lord, deliver me from every lingering spirit.

Further Reading: Revelation 18:4, 5

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:20am On Jul 08, 2020
WEDNESDAY JULY 08, 2020

Stop Being Deceitful
TEXT: Exodus 8:25-30

"And Moses said, Behold, I go out from thee, and I will intreat the LORD that the swarms of flies may depart from Pharaoh, from his servants, and from his people, to morrow: but let not Pharaoh deal deceitfully any more in not letting the people go to sacrifice to the LORD" (Exodus 8:29)

A long time ago, a shepherd boy lived in a remote village called Remo. He was a deceitful child. He would come out from their house and start shouting "Help! Help!... Lion, Lion." When the neighbours would come to assist, he will start laughing and saying that it was a joke.

This continued for some time. He thought he was having fun. Alas! A day came when a real lion came to attack the boy and his cattle. He shouted for help as usual, but no one came to his rescue. The lion had a field day, it devoured the cattle and the boy; what a pity!

Pharaoh in the Bible did same to Moses and Aaron. He kept on deceiving them until God brought the last and worst plague upon Egypt. King Pharaoh paid dearly for it like the boy in our story. He, like others in Egypt, lost their first sons.

The earlier you stop telling lies, fighting, stealing and deceiving your parents and others, the better. The end of such acts are always terrible.

Prayer: Dear Lord, deliver me from the spirit of deception. Help me to surrender all to You.

Further Reading: Genesis 27:18-24

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:34pm On Jul 09, 2020
THURSDAY JULY 9, 2020

Praise And Worship
TEXT: Acts 16:25-28

"And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them" (Acts 16:25)

Paul and Silas went everywhere preaching the gospel to sinners to repent. Through the power of God, many were saved from sin and many other miracles happened in the lives of the people. The Jews became troubled about their success. Both men were arrested and thrown into prison.
Instead of complaining or sorrowing, they began to praise and worship God. Their praises attracted God's attention as their chains were broken, closed doors were opened and they were set free.

Learn to praise God in difficult times and when good things happen to you. Praise God every time and everywhere. As you praise God, wonderful things will happen in your life.

Prayer: Dear God, help me to praise You with my body, soul and spirit.

Further Reading: Psalm 47:6, 7

See more here:

1 Share

Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:15pm On Jul 09, 2020
FRIDAY JULY 10, 2020

Wisdom From Above
TEXT: James 1:5,6

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him" (James 1:5)

Wisdom is knowledge; it is the quality of being wise. There are two kinds of wisdom - worldly wisdom and godly wisdom.

Worldly wisdom is used by sinners to cheat, steal, tell lies and do all sorts of deceitful and evil things. Godly wisdom on the other hand, is that which you receive from God, it comes from above.

God wants you to avoid the wisdom of the world and receive the wisdom that comes from Him. This can happen as you give your life and time to Him, and pray in faith to receive and live a holy and honest life.

Jesus is the wisdom of God. While the wisdom of the world leads to eternal death and damnation, godly wisdom leads to salvation and eternal life with Jesus in heaven.

Prayer: O Lord, give me wisdom from above.

Further Reading: James 3:17

See more here:

1 Share

Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:26am On Jul 11, 2020
SATURDAY JULY 11, 2020

Running The Heavenly Race
TEXT: 1 Corinthians 9:24-27

"Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain" (1 Corinthians 9:24)

In our schools, most of us want to participate in our yearly Inter-House Sports. There are different sporting activities like 100 metres race, relay race, sprint, sack race, long jump and many more. There is a prize for anyone who comes first in the events.

The kingdom of heaven is likened to this Inter-House Sports. We are running a race to meet our Redeemer in heaven. Every Christian child is enlisted in this spiritual race to heaven, but only those who faithfully run to the end will obtain a prize or a crown.

Unfortunately, some believers fall by the wayside through disobedience, stubbornness, worldliness and failure to listen to God's Word. You must run the race with your focus on Christ and Heaven, to make it.

Prayer: Dear Lord, help me to run the heavenly race to win the crown in Jesus' Name.

Further Reading: 2 Timothy 2:4, 5

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:28am On Jul 12, 2020
SUNDAY JULY 12, 2020

Fear Not!
TEXT: Isaiah 41:10-13

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness" (Isaiah 41:10)

Someone rightly said that fear is: 'False Evidence Appearing Real'. It is being afraid or worried about something. Some boys and girls are always afraid of tomorrow. They feel fearful because of their examinations, school fees, choice of friends, none availability of food in the family, their health, and many other things.

Due to hardship, Satan always suggests ways where they can steal or covet other people's properties. As a friend of Jesus, you need not fear because Jesus is with you every day. His angels are with you always.

The Name of Jesus opens the windows of heaven for your blessings and all your needs. Jesus Christ is always at work on your behalf every day. He heals, cares, protects and provides for all your needs. Hand over your fears and burden to God. He will give you rest and peace.

Prayer: Dear Lord, help me to conquer fear in Jesus' Name.

Further Reading: Isaiah 43:1-3

See more here:

1 Share

Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:31am On Jul 13, 2020
MONDAY JULY 13, 2020

Praying For Others
TEXT: Acts 12:5-7

"Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him" (Acts 12:5)

Abraham prayed and pleaded with God on behalf of his nephew, Lot, when he was dwelling in the twin cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. Samuel also prayed at night for Saul, and continually interceded for the nation, Israel. Daniel also prayed for the deliverance of the Lord's people held captive in Babylon.

As friends of Jesus, we need to pray for one another, especially for those who have challenges. Peter, the Apostle, was preaching, teaching and healing the sick when he was arrested and kept in prison. He was to be brought before King Herod for judgment but the believers gathered to pray for him throughout the night. God sent an angel to miraculously set him free.

God is happy when you pray for one another. Praying for our pastors, parents, peace of the nation, our teachers, the church, and our leaders, is of great importance. Develop a prayer lifestyle that considers other people.

Prayer: Dear Lord, let there be peace in my country in the Name of Jesus. Amen!

Further Reading: 1 Timothy 2:1-4

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:54am On Jul 14, 2020
TUESDAY JULY 14, 2020

Go Ye Into The World
TEXT: Mark 16:15,16

"And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature" (Mark 16:15)

Jesus gave the command to His friends to preach the love of God and salvation from sin through the blood of Jesus shed on the cross at Calvary. He expects all His friends to obey this command without any delay. Many children, and adults too, are dying every day without hope of eternity with Christ in heaven. Arise quickly; rescue the perishing in your family, neighbourhood, school, and everywhere you find yourself, before it is too late - there is danger in delay.

Bountiful heavenly blessings await the faithful soul winner. Are you telling the sinful children around you about the love of Jesus? Be an obedient child, go ye into the world and preach the gospel!

Prayer: Dear Lord, help me to obey this great command now and always

Further Reading: Matthew 28:19, 20

See more here:

1 Share

Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:17pm On Jul 15, 2020
WEDNESDAY JULY 15, 2020

Jesus Is Knocking
TEXT: Revelation 3:20,21

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me" (Revelation 3:20)

Imagine that the President of the nation is at your door, knocking to come into your house, just to see you. What will be your reaction? How will you feel? Highly honoured and happy, right? Now, begin to imagine that God Almighty, Creator of the whole universe, is at the door of your heart; knocking, waiting to enter. Will you allow Him in?

God is richer, mightier and bigger than any President you can think of. Our God is all powerful and full of mercy. He does not want anyone to perish. As you allow Him in, He will give you a new life now, and everlasting life in heaven. Open the door of your heart now (as you pray), and let Him come in, tomorrow may be too late.

Prayer: Dear Lord, I open the door of my heart to You; I surrender all to You

Further Reading: Isaiah 55:7

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:28am On Jul 16, 2020
THURSDAY JULY 16, 2020

Forgive Your Offender
TEXT: Matthew 6:14,15

"For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you" (Matthew 6:14)

A long time ago, two boys were in a class. The one named Timothy was born-again while the other named Tunde was not. Tunde was the class captain. He was asked to write the names of noise makers while their teacher was away. Timothy did not make any noise, but Tunde included his name on the list. When the teacher returned, Timothy was punished with other noise makers. Timothy did not hold it against Tunde, he forgave him and also prayed for God to forgive Tunde of his sins and make him become a friend of Jesus.

This is an example of true Christian forgiveness. Forgiveness means to pardon. When you forgive others their offences, God will in turn forgive your offences. We are commanded to forgive people who do wrong things to us and not to fight back. You can forgive easily if you have Jesus in your heart. If you are not a friend of Jesus it is not easy to forgive those who offend you. Surrender your life to Jesus now and receive the grace to forgive those who offend you.

Prayer: Dear Lord, help me to always forgive those who offend me

Further Reading: Luke 11:4

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:20am On Jul 18, 2020
FRIDAY JULY 17, 2020

Do Not Lie
TEXT: Acts 5:1-5

"But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?" (Acts 5:3)

Lying is denial of the truth, it shows disobedience to God's word. It has the same punishment with other bad things done by sinful children. Do you know that some people in the Bible told lies and were punished? So, run away from anything/anyone that will make you tell lies.

Ananias and Sapphira, (husband and wife), were members of the early church; but lying made them lose their lives the same day, and they also lost eternity with Christ. Gehazi inherited Naaman's leprosy instead of his master - Elisha's ministry because of covetousness and lying.

The end of all liars is punishment from God. They will go to hell fire if they do not repent. Many children lie because of the fear of being punished. God is angry with liars and is calling you to repent now.

Prayer: God, give me the grace to be a truthful child always

Further Reading: Revelation 21:8

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:00pm On Jul 18, 2020
SATURDAY JULY 18, 2020

Be A Godly Child
TEXT: Titus 2:11-14

"Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world" (Titus 2:12)

To be godly is to live like Jesus. The apostles were doing what Jesus did and they were called Christians. To be a godly child, your life must show the characteristics of a godly life.

You must love God, His Word and His Church. You must have self-control and speak no evil. Also, you must be prayerful and avoid keeping bad friends. Above all, your life must be an example to all around you. This is the kind of life that gives Jesus joy in heaven.

Remember, the ungodly life of lying, cheating, stealing and fighting leads to hell. God desires that you choose to live godly so that you do not die in your sins. Ask Jesus to wash your heart clean with His blood. Make Jesus your Saviour and Lord today.

Prayer: Dear Lord, help me to be a godly child and good example for others to follow

Further Reading: 2 Timothy 3:15-17

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:28am On Jul 19, 2020
SUNDAY JULY 19, 2020

Cleanse Your Tongue
TEXT: Matthew 12:33-37

"For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned" (Matthew 12:37)

The tongue is a soft organ located inside the mouth. It has no bone but it is strong enough to hurt and injure others. The tongue is used for tasting, talking, etc. It is known as the organ of speech. The words that you speak shows whether you are born-again or not. For a sinner, he abuses people, uses bad language, utters sinful jokes, etc. The tongue of a sinner is like poison and is deadly.

When a sinner repents, the blood of Jesus makes him/her a new creature and cleanses the tongue. After being saved, think and pray before you talk.
Beware of bad friends so that they do not corrupt your tongue again. If you have nothing to say that will glorify God, say nothing at all. Watch over your tongue, talk less and pray more.

Prayer: Dear Lord, help me to always speak words that Jesus will love to hear

Further Reading: Ephesians 4:29

See more here:

1 Share

Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:47am On Jul 20, 2020
MONDAY JULY 20, 2020

Be Grateful
TEXT: Luke 17:11-18

"And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us" (Luke 17:13)

To be grateful, (show gratitude), is an attitude of being appreciative of the care, love and kindness received from others. God wants friends of Jesus to be grateful to Him always when He answers our prayers or does something special for us.

Ten lepers went to Jesus for healing, and He healed all of them; but only one of the ten lepers went back to thank Jesus. You should be thankful for the help that others render to you. Such people include your parents, leaders, siblings, friends and other people.

Never take your parents' care for granted; be grateful for what they are providing for you. This will encourage them to do more. Make sure you form the habit of saying 'Thank you' after receiving things from people who care for you.

Prayer: Dear Lord, please give me a grateful heart

Further Reading: Ephesians 5:20

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:38pm On Jul 20, 2020
TUESDAY JULY, 21, 2020

Heaven Is Real
TEXT: John 14:1-3

"In my Father's house are many mansions: If it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you" (John 14:2)

Heaven is the dwelling place of God. It is also the Throne-Room of God; a place full of God's glory. It is the home of the righteous saints and believing dead. Heaven is the future home of all believers. It is a place whose beauty and glory is beyond human description and comprehension. It is a place of continuous worship of God in the beauty of His holiness. The book of REVELATION describes heaven as the 'New Jerusalem.' It is a place without power failure, no pain, no crying, no sorrow and no death. No sinner will enter in there.

Repentance from sin and salvation through Jesus Christ is the qualification to enter heaven. Repent from your sinful ways, accept Christ now so that you can partake in the glorious welcome of God's smiling angels as His triumphant saints return home.

Prayer: Dear Lord, help me not to miss heaven, so that I will see Jesus

Further Reading: Revelation 21:1-4

See more here:

Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:08am On Jul 22, 2020
WEDNESDAY JULY 22, 2020

Endure Till The End
TEXT: Matthew 24:11-13

"But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved" (Matthew 24:13)

The Lord counsels all friends of Jesus to endure to the end. The day of the Lord (Rapture) is coming nearer, the love of many friends of Jesus is decreasing, but God does not want it to be so.

The world is taking over the hearts of many through social media gadgets. A wise child will take to the counsel of the Scriptures and turn away from their negative influences.

An empty sack cannot stand upright except it is filled; so also, a child who is not filled with the word of God cannot stand in this present evil world.
Stand on the word of God always, be ready to throw away anything that will not allow you to enter heaven, fight the good fight of faith so that you can make it to the end.

Prayer: Father, help me to follow You till the end

Further Reading: 2 Thessalonians 3:5

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:15am On Jul 23, 2020
THURSDAY JULY 23, 2020

Jesus: The Name Above All
TEXT: Philippians 2:9-11

"Wherefore God also hath highly exalted Him, and given Him a Name which is above every name" (Philippians 2:9)

A girl attended her church programme (retreat) some time ago. When it was time to return home, she missed her bus and decided to go back home by herself. Unfortunately, she boarded the wrong bus and the passengers were driven into a bush and sold by the driver to some ritual killers. Her parents and other members of the church began to search for her. After a few days in the ritual killers' den, it was her turn to be killed. She remembered all that she heard at the retreat and shouted 'JESUS!' As she called this Name, the people became afraid to touch her. They sent her out of their hideout immediately. That was how she escaped being killed by evil people.

The Name of Jesus worked for her - it is a strong tower into which the righteous runs and is safe. Trust in this wonderful Name today for your salvation and preservation.

Prayer: I am set free from every evil in Jesus Name, Amen!

Further Reading: Romans 14:11

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:12am On Jul 24, 2020
FRIDAY JULY 24, 2020

Be Diligent
TEXT: Proverbs 22:29

"Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men" (Proverbs 22:29)

A hardworking child will make good success in life. A friend of Jesus who is diligent in his studies, will rise above all his mates in school and everywhere. For example, a child who always does his/her school assignments, is very punctual in school and church, obedient to parents and teachers, will always excel as long as he/she accepts positive corrections. The diligent child will continue to stand out in all he does, like Daniel. Be ready also to work for God's kingdom and let others see Jesus in all you do.

Are you a diligent or slothful child? The diligent will be successful in all he/she does while the slothful will end up being a failure.

Prayer: Dear Lord, help me to be diligent in all I do

Further Reading: Proverbs 13:4

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:52am On Jul 25, 2020
SATURDAY JULY 25, 2020

Only Jesus Can Save
TEXT: Acts 4:7-12

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12)

The name of Jesus is the only name God approves for the salvation of mankind. The Bible reveals to us that only Jesus can save man from sin.

Jesus also declared that He is the way, the truth and the life, no one can get to the Father except through Him. He has been highly exalted by God. We are blessed to have access to God through Him.

Do you have access to God through His Name? If not, come to Him today - confess and repent of your sins, turn away from them and start to follow Jesus. His Name will continue to guide and protect you and through Him all your needs will be met.

Prayer: Father, help me to value and honour the Name of Jesus

Further Reading: Acts 10:43

See more here:

Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:17am On Jul 26, 2020
SUNDAY JULY 26, 2020

Put Your Trust In God
TEXT: Psalm 37:3-6

"Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass" (Psalm 37:5)

There lived a small family of three - father mother and Jane, their only child, in a big city. Jane was a friend of Jesus. She loved God with all her life and spent time to tell other children about Jesus. When it was time to go to Secondary School, she chose to attend a private school. Her parents felt they could not afford the school fees, but she had faith that God would help her to excel in the entrance examination and thereby win a scholarship. Jane prepared well and also prayed, she trusted God for her success. When the entrance examination results were released, Jane was one of the three brilliant pupils who gained admission into the school and also won a scholarship. Her faith and trust in God was rewarded.

Jesus wants His friends to put their trust in Him, no matter what they may be passing through. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego trusted God and were bold to tell King Nebuchadnezzar so. They were not disappointed - God delivered them from the king's fiery furnace. You will not be disappointed.

Prayer: Father, help me to have faith in You

Further Reading: Psalm 62:5-8

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:04am On Jul 27, 2020
MONDAY JULY 27, 2020

Do Not Hide It From God
TEXT: Psalm 32:1-5

"Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered" (Psalm 32:1)

You can never hide anything from God. You may cover your sins so that nobody will know, but you cannot hide it from God. Our God is everywhere at the same time. He is also our All-wise God; He knows everything.

If you are a sinner, the best thing you can do is to confess all your sins of lying, cheating, fighting, cursing and many other bad things you do to God. No one can hide anything from his/her Creator.

As you repent of your sins, ask God to forgive and wash you with the precious blood of Jesus; your name will be written in the Book of Life.
Praise God for saving you. Read your Bible, pray every day, and join other friends of Jesus to attend fellowship regularly.

Prayer: God in heaven, help me to forsake every evil in Jesus' Name

Further Reading: Proverbs 28:13

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:11am On Jul 29, 2020
TUESDAY JULY 28, 2020

Do Not Steal
TEXT: Exodus 20:13-15

"Thou shalt not steal" (Exodus 20:15)

Gado was a Primary Four pupil in the community school. He used to steal little things from his classmates and teachers. He soon dropped out of secondary school to join an armed robbery gang. They went from place to place to rob and kill people.

One day, he was caught with his gang members. They were judged and sentenced to death by firing squad. On the day of execution, Gado was taken to the place where they would kill him. When the soldiers fired at him, he cried out for God to help him, but it was too late. This was how he ended his life. He is in hell fire today (if he didn't repent).

The command of God is that we must not steal. A person that steals is a thief. Taking other peoples' things for your own use without their knowledge is stealing.

So, learn to seek permission from your parents and the owners of anything you want to use. Read the word of God, think on it and let the word transform your heart and life. Obedience brings blessings.

Prayer: Lord, save me and help me never to steal again.

Further Reading: Ephesians 4:27, 28

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:51pm On Jul 29, 2020
WEDNESDAY JULY 29, 2020

Say "No" To Careless Visitations
TEXT: Genesis 34:1-2

"And when Shechem the son of Hamor the Hivite, prince of the country, saw her, he took her, and lay with her, and defiled her" (Genesis 34:2)

Dinah, the daughter of Jacob, went out to see the daughters of the land when her family settled in Shalem. The prince of the land, Shechem, saw and defiled her (touched her body in a sinful way).

When her father and brothers heard what Shechem did to Dinah, they were very angry. She brought shame and disgrace to her family. Her behaviour caused lots of bloodshed by her brothers in an attempt to avenge what Shechem did to her.

You must be careful of the places you go and the people you call your friends. The devil is waiting for the careless boy/girl who likes to associate with worldly friends in all the places they go and things they do - birthday parties or any other social visit. These evil places can be used to bring you down.

Remember, the devil is steadily watching you to cause you pain or distress. Follow the footsteps of Jesus and you will be protected from all harm.

Prayer: Dear Jesus, please direct my path always.

Further Reading: Psalm 91:1-5

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — "To My Mom" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:20pm On Jul 29, 2020
THURSDAY JULY 30, 2020

Beware Of False Teachers
TEXT: Ephesians 4:14

"That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive" (Ephesians 4:14)

A Christian family, living peacefully in a community, were preparing for fellowship one evening when they heard a knock on their front door. The father opened the door and saw a man and his 10-year-old son standing outside.

He told them that they were on their way out, but the visitors pleaded for just five minutes. They started preaching and at a point, the man said, "Do you know there is no hell fire in the Bible?"

The father looked straight into the preacher's eyes and said, "Whether you believe it or not, there is hell." He quickly opened his Bible to Revelation 20:15 which states clearly that there is hell. He did not allow the man to continue his false preaching, he asked him to leave his house.

We are in the last days. Many false prophets are everywhere, teaching that worldliness and many sinful habits that people indulge themselves in are not sins.

Paul warned that a time will come when people will not endure sound doctrine. Always be alert so that you will not fall into their trap. Accept Jesus Christ as your Saviour, Lord and Teacher.

Prayer: Dear Jesus, help me not to fall into the hands of false teachers.

Further Reading: 2 Timothy 3:1-5

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (49) (Reply)

Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation / Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.