Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,281 members, 7,846,283 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Sincere Milk — Be Warned! - Religion (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sincere Milk — Be Warned! (394446 Views)

Peak Milk Apologises To Christians Over ‘ Offensive’ Easter Advert / CAN Accuses Peak Milk Company Of Offensive Advert, Demands Apology / The Sincere Milk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:24am On Jan 25, 2022
SINCERE MILK: CHILDREN'S DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
TUESDAY JANUARY 25, 2022

DON'T SPREAD IT
BIBLE TEXT: GENESIS 3:3-6

"...she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat" (Genesis 3:6).

Sicknesses are said to be contagious if it can easily spread from one person to the other. Dorothy went to the provision store that morning pretending she wanted to buy meat pie. As Mrs. Canny turned to serve another buyer, Dorothy picked a pack of cracker, dropped it in her school bag and quickly left the shop. She knew that she was wrong and decided to make others to share in her sin. During the school lunch time, she invited her three-best friends - Dammy, Kate and Gloria to come and share the biscuit with her. Her friends, without finding out the source, sat together and ate with her. They were later exposed and severely punished.

It is a wicked act to cause others to sin. Eve spread her sin to the husband. Adam should have asked some questions and avoid being part of his wife's disobedience. The Bible warns us not to take part in other people's sin (1 Timothy 5:22). Today, don't be a careless believer. Don't share in the sins of others. Do not agree to take part in their disobedience, stubbornness, rioting, laziness, cheating, lying and immoral friendship. Like Adam, you will be equally punished. Shun evil companions.

PRAYER: God, please give me boldness to be watchful, avoid evil people and their evil doings.

FURTHER READING: 1 Timothy 5:22

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:47am On Jan 26, 2022
WEDNESDAY JANUARY 26, 2022

DON'T MISS OUT, BE A FRIEND OF JESUS!
BIBLE TEXT: PSALM 25:12-15

"The secret of the LORD is with them that fear Him; and He will shew them His covenant"" (PSALM 25:14).

The way friends share secrets, so also does God share secrets with His friends, that is, those who are His children. He told Abraham His secrets. He did the same with Paul the apostle, Daniel and some of His other friends. God reveals deep things about Himself to His friends. He also tells His friends things that will happen in future. Jesus is God who desires to make friends with all boys and girls.

To be His friend, you must sincerely repent of your sins and ask Him to be your Lord and Saviour. Just as friends spend good time together talking and listening to each other, you must spend time talking with God in prayer. You must also read, think on God's word and listen to God's voice when He speaks to you. God is looking for children to bless and use for His glory like Daniel, Paul, Esther and Ruth in the Bible. Would you want to be one of them? Then, be a genuine friend of Jesus, fear Him and live in obedience to His word.

PRAYER: O Lord Jesus, please help me to love You and obey You all the time.

FURTHER READING: James 2:23

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:48pm On Jan 27, 2022
THURSDAY JANUARY 27, 2022

MY NEIGHBOUR
BIBLE TEXT: LUKE 10:29-37

"But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?" (LUKE 10:29).

A man came to Jesus and in the course of their discussion asked Him, who is my neighbour? Jesus then told a story about a man that was traveling on a journey, he was attacked by some bad men and left to die, then a priest and a Levite saw the injured man but did nothing, till a Samaritan came and took him to an inn (hospital) for proper care at his cost.

As Christians, our neighbours are the people around us in our schools, neighbourhoods and communities where we live. They are the people that require our attention because they are in one need or the other. In the world we are living today, many people, in their life journey have been robbed and wounded by Satan and left half dead. Such people need a 'Good Samaritan' that will take them to Jesus so that He can heal their wounds and deliver them from the grip of the Devil. Friends of Jesus are the only people in position to rescue those that have been battered and wounded and held in Devil's bondage.

As believers, don't behave like the priest and the Levite in our Bible passage. Be like the Samaritan, rise up in defence and deliverance of those in Satan's captivity. You should also show deeds of kindness to people around you who need your help. Join in praying for the children in one trouble or the other, always bearing in mind the command of Jesus that you should love your neighbour as yourself.

PRAYER: O God, help me to show Christlike love to the people around me.

FURTHER READING: Mark 12:28-31

See more here:

Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:48pm On Jan 27, 2022
Unprecedented Miracles with Great Joy through Faith || Total Freedom Crusade || Jan. 27, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiwQiwQVLek
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:04pm On Jan 28, 2022
Day 2 || Total Freedom Crusade || Jan. 28, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz-cVkB7ESQ
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:09am On Jan 29, 2022
Professionals' Conference || Total Freedom Crusade || Jan. 29, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2paVDs7zXc
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:20pm On Jan 29, 2022
Day 3
All Things Possible By Faith In The Saviour || Total Freedom Crusade || Jan. 29, 2022
Matthew 19:16-25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiwQiwQVLek
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:10am On Jan 30, 2022
Worship Service || Total Freedom Crusade || Jan. 30, 2022
Living In The Fulness Of Christ By Faith
Galatians 2:20; Colossians 2:9-10;3:1-4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0FR-9350Jk
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:33pm On Jan 30, 2022
Day 4 || Total Freedom Crusade | Jan 30, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jr_0L7S_nE
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:30pm On Jan 31, 2022
The Key of Faith for a Better, Bigger, Brighter Life || Day 5 | Total Freedom Crusade | Jan 31, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uBvLdoHY6U
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:14pm On Feb 01, 2022
SATURDAY JANUARY 29, 2022

SURE HOPE IN THINE END
BIBLE TEXT: JEREMIAH 31:15-19

"And there is hope in thine end, saith the LORD, that thy children shall come again to their own border" (JEREMIAH 31:17).

Many bad things are happening in life that make people feel there is no hope again. Strange diseases, kidnapping, mass shooting in schools, failure, poverty, terrorism and many more are every day occurrences that bring fear into the heart of the people, both young and old. Through all these, the encouragement from God's word to all friends of Jesus is that, there is hope in thy end. God's promise is sure.

The children of Israel suffered a lot in the hands of their enemies because of their disobedience to God's Counsel. They were taken into captivity where they suffered greatly and thought that all hope was lost. However, when they realized their sinful state, expressed grief for their disobedience and repented of their sins, God gave them the promise of restoration.

The sure pathway to enjoying God's unfailing mercies, forgiveness and restoration is genuine repentance. Examine yourself, in what way has your own sin contributed to the trouble in your family and nation? Repent now and ask for forgiveness and cleansing through the blood of Jesus. Spend quality time to also pray for the nation so as to be delivered from all the troubles that have come upon us. As you hear, pray, God will answer and bring us revival and restoration. Remember, there is hope in thine end.

PRAYER: Dear Father, I know You have great plans for me. Give me the strength to hope in You for breakthrough.

FURTHER READING: Jeremiah 31:20-25

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:54pm On Feb 01, 2022
Day 6 || Total Freedom Crusade || Feb 1, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4xJYTO6RWU
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:40pm On Feb 03, 2022
SUNDAY JANUARY 30, 2022

FAVOUR FROM GOD
BIBLE TEXT: JOB 33:24-26

"He shall pray unto God, and he will be favourable unto him: and he shall see his face with joy: for he will render unto man his righteousness" (JOB 33:26).

The dictionary defines favour as, "a friendly regard shown towards another especially by a superior." Another word for favour is kindness. All of God's creation, look up to Him, daily, for His favour. God is greater than all and He is the only one who can completely meet all the needs of His Creatures. Favour, however, only comes to those who ask for it. It exists from friend to friend, parents to children or from the king to his subjects. Favour can be received only by those who ask and deserve it. We ask favour from God through prayer. Prayer is a personal request from His children to a loving Father.

Our text explains that God's favour is an offshoot of His grace towards His people. God's favour brings us deliverance from hell, renewal and refreshing. The prayer of the righteous child will certainly draw God's favour to all areas of his or her life and he/she will always appear before God with joy of answered prayers. You should be encouraged to pray knowing that God will surely answer your prayers. But remember as you pray, the word of the Psalmist, "If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me" (Psalm 66:18). Therefore, pray and ask from a pure and holy heart.

PRAYER: Lord I ask for Your favour in every area of my life.

FURTHER READING: Psalm 119:56-58

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:19pm On Feb 03, 2022
MONDAY JANUARY 31, 2022

ALPHA AND OMEGA
BIBLE TEXT: REVELATION 1:7-18

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty" (Revelation 1:8).

Jesus Christ is the First and the Last. He said in the book of Revelation chapter 1 "I am the Alpha and Omega". Alpha is the first letter of the Greek alphabet while Omega is the last. He has no equal among men.

Jesus was at the beginning of all things and will be at the close. He has always existed and always will exist. Jesus Christ as the second person of the Trinity brought about the creation of all things. Jesus has no beginning, neither will He have an end. He is from everlasting to everlasting.

Jesus Christ is the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last in so many ways.

(a) He is the "Author and inisher of our faith," signifying that he began the work of our salvation and carried through to completion.
(b) He is the totality, the sum and substance of the scriptures.
(c) He is the fulfilment of the law and the only subject matter of the entire gospel message.
(d) He is found in the first verse of Genesis and in the last verse of Revelation.
(e) He is the Author of eternal life.

Now He stands at the door of your heart. Open up to Him so that He can enter in to give you salvation. Do not reject His call. He is willing and ready to save you.

PRAYER: Lord I surrender unto You, be the Alpha and Omega of my life.

FURTHER READING: Isaiah 44:6

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:58pm On Feb 03, 2022
Special Revival Broadcast || February 3rd, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-LOtesbb18
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:55am On Feb 04, 2022
TUESDAY FEBRUARY 01, 2022

COVENANT PROMISE
BIBLE TEXT: NAHUM 1:7-9

"The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him" (Nahum 1:7).

"The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him. But with an overrunning flood he will make an utter end of the place thereof, and darkness shall pursue his enemies. What do ye imagine against the LORD? he will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time."

PRAYER: Lord protect me in the day of trouble.

FURTHER READING: Psalm 9:9,10

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:41am On Feb 04, 2022
WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 02, 2022

THERE IS SOMETHING TO DO
BIBLE TEXT: LUKE 19:1-10

"And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way" (Luke 19:4).

Bill was given some money to go buy biscuit from a nearby store. He picked the biscuit but was not willing to pay for it. He wanted to have the biscuit and the money at the same time. This is a case of wanting to eat his cake and still have it. The store keeper had to collect the biscuit from him and sent him away. There is something to give up for you to have what you desire.

From our text, Zacchaeus did not just sit down in his house when he desired a new life, he went ahead to climb the sycamore tree tor him to meet with the only Saviour, Jesus Christ. He did something, Jesus saw it and saved him. What do you want? Do you want forgiveness? It is not enough to desire forgiveness; you must sincerely repent and pray for forgiveness. Do you desire a pure heart? Pray to God in faith and ask Him to make your heart holy. Do you desire to see Jesus in heaven? Then you must daily ask God for grace to obey Him always. If you are already a friend of Jesus, make up your mind to always obey Jesus and tell others about His love.

PRAYER: Dear Lord, help me to always play my part by loving and obeying You at all times.

FURTHER READING: Isaiah 1:18-20

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:15pm On Feb 05, 2022
THURSDAY FEBRUARY 3, 2022

THE HEART OF CHRIST
BIBLE TEXT: EXODUS 32:29-33

"Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin --; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written" (Exodus 32:32).

When the children of Israel left Egypt and were on their journey to the promised land, Moses had to go up the mount to commune with God and to collect the table of stones; on which the ten (10) commandments were written. While he was there, the children of Israel became impatient and they made a golden calf and began to worship it. When Moses came down from the mount, he was angry at them. However, he pleaded on their behalf with God and even said, if God will not forgive them, let his own name be blotted out of the book of God.

The same was with Paul the apostle who expressed concern for his family and nation. He was very sad because of their unbelief, Paul said he was willing to be accursed in exchange for the salvation of his kinsmen. (Romans 9:2,3). Looking at the life of Moses and Paul we can see their display of the character of Christ, as they were willing to give up their own life for the sake of the sinners around them to know Christ. The way we care for others around us and mourn for sinners reflects if we have the heart of Christ or not. "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus."

PRAYER: O Lord, give me Your kind of love so that I can give all for the salvation of sinners around me.

FURTHER READING: Romans 9:1-5

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:17pm On Feb 05, 2022
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 04, 2022

GOD'S GUIDING EYES
BIBLE TEXT: PSALM 32:6-11

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye" (Psalm 32:8).

There are times when we want to go out and we do not know the direction to our destination. In the past, we rely on people on the road who are familiar with the route to guide us to our destination. However, in modern days the use of google maps makes locating our destination easier and faster.

Our text today talks about God's guiding eyes among other things. The Psalmist talks about how God preserves him from trouble and was his hiding place. He then talks of how God instructs him and guides him with His eyes. Because we do not know the direction to our destination in this life, we can be lost if we do not allow God to guide us with His eyes. We will wander and may get lost in this world unless God guides us. That is why He promised that we will hear a voice behind us saying this is the way, walk ye in it. When God guides you with His eyes, your journey through life will be safe. Always trust in God to guide you as you maintain a life of sincere devotion through prayers, reading and meditating on His word.

PRAYER: Father, I thank You for guiding me with your eyes. Continue to be my God and my Guide. Amen!

FURTHER READING: Proverbs 3:1-8

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:02pm On Feb 05, 2022
SATURDAY FEBRUARY 5, 2022

THE POWER OF THE GOSPEL
BIBLE TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 15:1-9

"For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures" (1 CORINTHIANS 15:3).

A man had a bar where he sold alcoholic beverages. He was a very cruel and violent man whose presence meant terror for his wife and his ten-year-old daughter. A visible mark on the girl's left arm was a constant reminder of her father's bad temper. But one day, a preacher came to her father, explaining the mercies and love of Jesus Christ to him. He listened with rapt attention demanding to know if such mercies could be extended to a cruel man like him. On receiving the assurance from the preacher, he surrendered his life to Christ and became a changed person. For the first time in ages, his daughter saw him smile and happy. Due to this change, he asked his wife and daughter to forgive him and also took them to church where they also gave their lives to Christ. Love, joy and peace came into the family. This is the true power of the gospel.

The gospel message has such transforming power that no matter how deep one might have gone into sin, it he sincerely repents and accepts Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, he will receive salvation. God is still merciful to sinners today, so we as children of God should use the power of the gospel and bring sinners to Christ.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to always preach the gospel to sinners so that the power of the gospel can be made manifest!

FURTHER READING: Romans 1:16-19

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:11am On Feb 06, 2022
Worship Service||Supernatural Healing Through Wholehearted Obedience And Prophetic Supplication || February 6, 2022
Genesis 20:1-2,3-7,14-15,17-18; Revelation 22:18-19.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6JvhD9xDGs
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:11am On Feb 07, 2022
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 6, 2022

CATCHING AWAY OF THE SAINTS
BIBLE TEXT: 1 THESSALONIANS 4:13-18

"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 THESSALONIANS 4:17).

Catching away of saints is when believers who are still alive when the trumpet sounds are taken up to meet the Lord. This is also known as the Rapture of the Saints. This will happen after the dead in Christ have risen to meet the Lord in the sky. As children of God, in order to be caught up with the Lord at the rapture, we need to remain steadfast and fervent in serving the Lord, not slothful in God's work, because on the last day only those who are in Christ will be caught up.

Examine yourself and be sure there is no sin in your life. If you are once a friend of Jesus but have gone back from following Jesus you cannot partake of the rapture of the saints. You can retrace your steps back to God and He will willingly accept you and make you ready for the catching up of His saints. This event is what every believer in Christ is waiting for now, and it can happen any moment from now. Seek God in prayer that you will not miss the rapture.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to remain steadfast in Your service so that I will be caught up with You on the last day!

FURTHER READING: Matthew 24:30,31

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:33am On Feb 09, 2022
MONDAY FEBRUARY 7, 2022

THE GOOD PART
BIBLE TEXT: LUKE 10:38-42

"But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her" (LUKE 10:42).

In life, different things try to get our attention. As we strive to be good and successful in life, we also see the need to make the people around us happy. It really feels good to see people happy by what we do for them. Achieving this surely takes our time, energy, resources and sometimes the assistance of other people. Martha found herself in this situation when Jesus visited her home. She got busy putting things together to make His visit a great and happy experience.

But making this happen was a great work and it was too much for her to do alone, Mary, her sister could have helped her but she chose rather to sit at the feet of Jesus, listening to the teaching of the Master. Martha complained to Jesus that she was left to serve alone. She asked that Jesus would tell Mary to help her. Jesus' reply to Martha is a great lesson never to be neglected by everyone: "But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her" (Luke 10:42). "The good thing" is the word of eternal life and regular personal fellowship with the Lord. Ensure you study the Bible daily and have personal fellowship with the Lord. These will give you great blessings and grace which no man can take away from you.

PRAYER: Lord, please help me to keep studying the Bible and daily fellowship with you.

FURTHER READING: Joshua 1:7-9

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:13pm On Feb 09, 2022
WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 9, 2022

I FEARED THE PEOPLE
BIBLE TEXT: 1 SAMUEL 15:22-24

"And Saul said unto Samuel, I have sinned: for I have transgressed the commandment of the LORD, and thy words: because I feared the people, and obeyed their voice" (1 SAMUEL 15 :24).

A king, queen, chancellor or president is the ruler over all other citizens of his or her country. He is in control of the armed forces and all the resources of the nation. He is the judge over everyone. Disobedience to his command can lead to the death of the offender. It is therefore a strange and serious matter when the king now becomes afraid of the people he is supposed to lead and direct. This was the case with King Saul. He disobeyed God who he ought to fear and feared the people he ought to lead. Why then was he made a king?

Some children are always afraid of one thing or the other. Do you fear people: your friends, fellow students, neighbour, relations or even your parents more than God? Does the fear of being rejected or laughed at make you dress, dance, act, behave and talk in disobedience to God's word? Ask the Lord to set you free from the fear of men. Put your trust in the Lord and love Him with all your heart and He will save and set you free from all fears.

PRAYER: I promised I will fear you in all my thoughts, words and actions. Help me Lord.

FURTHER READING: Proverbs 29:25-27

See more here:

Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:10pm On Feb 10, 2022
Special Revival Broadcast || February 10th, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjXMgIR3Ap4
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:15am On Feb 11, 2022
THURSDAY FEBRUARY 10, 2022

CLEANSE YOUR HEART
BIBLE TEXT: LEVITICUS 14:1-8

"And he that is to be cleansed shall wash his clothes, and shave off all his hair, and wash himself in water, that he may be clean: and after that he shall come into the camp, and shall tarry abroad out of his tent seven days" (Leviticus 14:8).

Hyssop is a plant said to have cleansing properties. Hyssop's twig were used for sprinkling in ancient Jewish rites of purification. It was particularly used by the Israelites to cleanse and purify their homes from leprosy. In the Old Testament law, anyone who had leprosy would be banished from the land till he or she recovered, afterwards his or her house would be closed down for seven days and cleansed from the leprosy in order not to infect others. Just as leprosy starts from the house and spreads around, so also sin starts from the heart and spreads to every part of the body if not repented of. We should also understand that sin separates one from God.

Cleansing has to begin from the heart. Just as the Israelites used hyssop to cleanse the house from leprosy, this time the precious blood of Jesus has been provided for our cleansing. The blood of animals as in the Old Testament can no more make atonement for sin. God sent His only begotten Son to die for the remission of our sins. All we need is to go to God in prayers, confessing our sins to Him and ask for pardon and cleansing through the blood of Jesus. Nothing cleanses our hearts like the blood of Jesus. Come to Jesus for your heart cleansing today!

PRAYER: Lord, come and dwell in me and cleanse my heart from sin.

FURTHER READING: Hebrews 10:18-22

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:42pm On Feb 11, 2022
FRIDAY FEBRUARY 11, 2022

CLEANLINESS IS NEXT TO GODLINESS
BIBLE TEXT: LEVITICUS 15:7-11

"And whomsoever he toucheth that hath the issue, and hath not rinsed his hands in water, he shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even" (Leviticus 15:11).

There's a saying that, "Cleanliness is next to godliness." Cleanliness is a mark of godly lifestyle. How is cleanliness related with godliness? It is related because when one is in sin, he is referred to as being dirty or unclean. On the other hand, when one is in Christ he is referred to as being clean.

During the Corona Virus pandemic, the whole world was on lockdown because of the deadly nature of the virus. The World Health Organization (WHO), other relevant world institutions, government of various countries and health institutions issued serious guidelines to stop the spread of the virus. Such instructions and directives included regular washing of hands, use of hand sanitizer, nose mask and social physical distancing among other measures. Cleanliness or personal hygiene became the order of the day. This tells us how important cleanliness is.

Our text shows that God is concerned about cleanliness and separation from defilement among His chosen people. Friends of Jesus should obey the laws on personal hygiene and general health. We should always be clean by taking proper care of our body, washing our hands and clothes to keep germs and bacteria away. God wants us not to be only physically clean but also spiritually clean. As we await the coming of the Lord, we should be clean and holy in our hearts, run away from sin and all the evil and corrupt practices in the world.

PRAYER: Lord, help me to maintain cleanliness both physically and spiritually.

FURTHER READING: 2 Corinthians 7:1, 2

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:34am On Feb 12, 2022
SATURDAY FEBRUARY 12, 2022

THE TIME OF GREAT TROUBLE
BIBLE TEXT: REVELATION 13:11-18

"And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads" (REVELATION 13:16).

Immediately after the catching up of friends of Jesus to Him (Rapture), there will be a time of great trouble referred to as Great Tribulation. It will be those remaining on earth will be tortured and tormented and forced to get the mark of the beast '666.' It is a time when many will regret their past deeds but it will be too late to repent. During the Great Tribulation, those who once believed in Christ but backslided will be tortured because they have bruised Satan's head before yet didn't make the rapture; so, it is now Satan's turn to torment them.

As children of God, we should do all we can to escape the Great Tribulation, because it will not be a fun time at all. We should make conscious effort to qualify for the rapture and be with Christ on the last day. You need to repent of all the bad things you have done and surrender your life to Jesus so that He can save and cleanse you with His blood. Live holy all the days of your life. This is the only way to escape the great trouble that will soon come upon disobedient children.

PRAYER: Lord, I surrender my life unto You, keep me waiting and watching for Your coming.

FURTHER READING: Matthew 24:21-26

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:39am On Feb 13, 2022
Worship Service || Feb. 13, 2022

LESSON SEVEN
THE BIRTH OF ISAAC, HEIR OF PROMISE

MEMORY VERSE:

"And the LORD visited Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did unto Sarah as he had spoken. For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him" (Genesis 21:1,2).

TEXT: Genesis 21:1-34

God called Abraham for the purpose of being a channel of blessing to the whole world. In the call, He promised that "in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed" (Genesis 12:3). God planned to raise through Abraham, a nation that would know and keep His ways. From his family would come forth a chosen people through whom Jesus Christ, the promised Seed of the woman would emerge (Genesis 3:15; Galatians 3:8, 16,18). To fulfil God's promise, Abraham needed to have a son. But Sarah, his wife, was barren for more than twenty years. At a point, Abraham seemed to have lost hope about the fulfilment of the promise. "And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, 10, one born in my house is mine heir" (Genesis 15:3). He was in doubt whether the seed God had promised should be a son of his loins or a son in his house. But the Lord cleared his doubt and assured him that the heir to his house would come (Genesis 15:4). In spite of this assurance, Abraham accepted Sarah's suggestion to take Hagar, their Egyptian handmaid, and go in to her (Genesis 16:1-3). Abraham fell into the temptation and its consequences still remain with us today. It takes a resolute faith and strong conviction to know when a suggestion is from an enemy and to reject it. Children of God should be wary of ungodly counsels, pressures from parents or friends and stand resolutely with the word of God. They should wait patiently for the Lord to fulfil the promises He has made to them. The text under consideration shows that, no matter how long it takes for God to fulfil His promise, in due time, it will come. "For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself, And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise" (Hebrews 6: 13, 15). God's promises are true and reliable, regardless of any opposing circumstances.

BIRTH OF ISAAC IN FULFILMENT OF GOD'S PROMISE (Genesis 21:1-8; 17:17; 18:10-14; Romans 4:19-21; 2 Corinthians 1:20; Luke 1:37)

Isaac was the promised heir born to Abraham and Sarah when they were very old in fulfilment of God's promise. Abraham was 100 years old while Sarah was 90 years. "And the LORD visited Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did unto Sarah as he had spoken" (Genesis 21:1). Once God has promised, He will surely fulfil it, no matter the delay. It is often said that "God's delays are His appointments". Therefore, believers should see delays in getting married, childbearing, securing a dream employment, financial breakthrough and healing, among others, as stepping stones to wonderful testimonies that would bring glory to God. Abraham named his child whom Sarah bore to him Isaac, meaning laughter because "...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me" (Genesis 21:6), said Sarah. Though the couple had laughed as a result of doubt, God, at last had turned their laughter of doubt to joy (Psalm 126:1-3; Job 8:20,21). Christians should always rest upon God's promises and not be swayed by contrary opinions of men. The New Testament made reference to the faith of Abraham, who "...being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb: He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform" (Romans 4:19-21). In line with his covenant with God, Abraham circumcised Isaac on the eighth day. Flesh circumcision was a token of the Abrahamic covenant. No matter how difficult and painful to the flesh, believers should learn to obey God.

THE BONDWOMAN AND HER SON SENT AWAY (Genesis 21:9-21; 25:1-3,5,6; Galatians 4:22,23,25,28-30; Mark 12:6-9)

Ishmael, Abraham's first son through Hagar, was fourteen years older than Isaac (Genesis 16: 16) and the only heir apparent until Isaac came. After Isaac was weaned, probably at age three according to Jewish culture, "...Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, which she had born unto Abraham, mocking. Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac" (Genesis 21:9, 10). Sarah's stance at this time must not be mistaken for the cruel jealousy of a woman who did not want a rival. The point is, Ishmael was persecuting Isaac, the child of promise; and that amounted to an opposition to the covenant God made with Abraham. The New Testament sheds light on this in Galatians 4:22-30. "And the thing was very grievous in Abraham's sight because of his son. And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad; and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called" (Genesis 21:11, 12). God sanctioned Sarah's demand to send Hagar and her son away, though it was grievous in Abraham's sight. Ishmael was sent away in order to fulfil the promise God made concerning Isaac: "...for in Isaac shall thy seed be called" (Genesis 21:12). Abraham obeyed the Lord speedily and sent them away with provisions for their journey, as much as they would need, until they reached the next well or oasis. Believers should learn from Abraham's attitude of prompt obedience to God's command (Genesis 21:14; 22:3). As Hagar and Ishmael travelled, the water they took got exhausted, Ishmael fainted under the hot desert sun and Hagar abandoned him in despair. But "God heard the voice of the lad; and the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said unto her, What aileth thee, Hagar? fear not; for God hath heard the voice of the lad where he is" (Genesis 21:17). The Lord is benevolent towards all the inhabitants on the face of the earth. Despite the fact that Ishmael was born outside the divine covenant God made with Abraham, He still took care of him. This shows that God cares for all His creatures on earth, especially man that was created in His image. Moreover, He is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9). Christ died for the whole world; and all that come to God through Him will be saved. Hagar was ignorant of God's care and concern for her and the young lad. While she despaired and hoped that they would both die of hunger and thirst, "God opened her eyes, and she saw a well of water; and she went, and filled the bottle with water, and gave the lad drink' (Genesis 21:19). The Lord was with them and protected them from all dangers in the wilderness. There is always solution to man's problem no matter the condition and situation we find ourselves.

BEERSHEBA COVENANT BETWEEN ABRAHAM AND ABIMELECH (Genesis 21:22-34; Psalm 86: 17; Hebrews 12:14; Matthew 18:15)

"And it came to pass at that time, that Abimelech and Phichol the chief captain of his host spake unto Abraham, saying, God is with thee in all that thou doest" (Genesis 21:22). Abraham's favoured disposition is traceable to his decision to forsake the idols of his fathers and cleave to the God of heaven whom he had served with deep devotion. The testimony of Abimelech and Phichol is a confirmation of God's promise to protect preserve and defend him wherever he went. "And I bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed" (Genesis 12:3). It is no wonder that even the heathen perceived the divine presence with him. There are important lessons from the covenant between Abimelech and Abraham. One, it was a reflection of God's favour. God sometimes shows His people tokens for good that their neighbours cannot but take notice of (Psalm 86:17). Two, it is good to be in favour with those that are in favour with God. "...We will go with you, for we have heard that God is with you" (Zechariah 8:23). We do well for ourselves if we have fellowship with those that have fellowship with God. Abraham and Abimelech proposed that there should be a firm and constant friendship between the two families, which should not be violated. This bond of friendship must be strengthened by the bond of an oath, in which God was appealed to, both as a witness of their sincerity and an avenger in case either side were treacherous (Genesis 21:23). Three, Abimelech requested that the covenant should extend to his people and posterity. Good men should secure alliance and communion with the favourites of heaven, not for themselves only. Abraham was ready to enter into a covenant with Abimelech after finding him to be a man of honour, good conscience and one who fears God (Genesis 21:24). It is however necessary to note that New Testament believers are to be careful of going into covenant relationships with others to avoid unequal yoke. Abraham prudently settled the matter concerning the well about which Abimelech's servants had quarrelled with him (Genesis 21:25). What an instructive lesson to believers that when our brother trespasses against us, we should settle the rift with meekness of wisdom (Matthew 18:15). Abraham accepted Abimelech's exoneration of himself in this matter: "...1 wot not who hath done this thing" (Genesis 21:26). Many are wrongly suspected of injustice and unkindness who were innocent of the act, and we ought to accept when they clear themselves. The faults of servants should not be imputed to their masters unless they know and justify them. Satan-motivated misunderstanding among brethren can be settled with love and humility. When a similar event happened between Abraham and Lot his brother, he settled it with maturity devoid of covetousness (Genesis 13:7-9). The strife that would have probably ended in battle against each other turned to a covenant relationship that brought joy to their generations. God calls us to "Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord" (Hebrews 12:14). Abraham took care to have his title to the well cleared and confirmed to prevent any disputes or quarrels in the future. He presented to Abimelech that which was valuable and useful — sheep and oxen — in gratitude for his kindness and hospitality as a token of a hearty friendship (Genesis 21:27). Eventually, they ratified the covenant by an oath and registered it by giving a new name to the place — Beersheba, the well of the oath — in remembrance of the covenant (Genesis 21 :31). Believers should always remember that they are in covenant relationship with God. Being conscious of this, they should live soberly, righteously and godly in this present world.

Questions for review:

1. What should be a believer's attitude to different suggestions in time of pressing needs and problems?
2. What can a Christian learn from the fulfilment of the promised son to Abraham?
3. Why was it necessary for Abraham to send Hagar and Ishmael away?
4. What can we learn from Abraham's obedience to the Lord though it was grievous?
5. What should be our role as brethren in the church when there is strife or misunderstanding?
6. What can we learn from Abraham's attitude of peaceful co-existence?
7. What can believers learn from the covenant between Abraham and Abimelech?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXD8eiCMoh4
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:03pm On Feb 13, 2022
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 13, 2022

HE IS COMING
BIBLE TEXT: MATTHEW 24:36-44

"But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be" (Matthew 24:37).

"Durry, why are you living your life like this? Why not give your life to Christ today and become a new creature, because tomorrow may be too late oh!" These were the gentle words of Durry's mom who was now seriously worried about the terrible life her daughter was living. Durry replied, "Please mom leave me alone, let me enjoy my life to its fullest, when l am married or about to die, I will repent and go straight to heaven, please allow me to enjoy first." "Ah! My dear there is no enjoyment in sin, the real and best enjoyment you can get is in Christ Jesus, tomorrow may be too late oh!" The mom still cautioned but Durry remained unyielding. "Mom, this is what everyone has been saying since I was born till now, yet Jesus has not come. So, He will not come till I am ready. Please I need to go out."

Are you like Durry who desired to gain the whole world at the expense of her soul? Why not come to Christ today, tomorrow may be too late. We all await the second coming of Christ. The word of God tells us that He will come like a thief in the night. No one knows the day, time or seconds that He will come. However, every child of God should always be ready for Christ's coming. Obey the word of God and be holy. Live your life as if Jesus will come today.

PRAYER: Father, help me to be ready and prepared for Your coming and to be with You in heaven at last.

FURTHER READING: 1 Thessalonians 5:1-6

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:10am On Feb 14, 2022
MONDAY FEBRUARY 14, 2022

"I WILL BE WITH YOU"
BIBLE TEXT: GENESIS 26:1-4

"Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father" (Genesis 26:3).

In our text for today, Isaac faced the l challenge of famine where he lived in Gerar. Because of the famine, he planned to move to Egypt but God appeared to him and instructed him not to go there, but to remain where he was. The Lord promised him again that in spite of the famine in the land, Canaan land was where He had appointed for him. Things may sometimes go wrong around you, in your school, nation all over the world; do not be afraid nor take decisions in a hurry. Wait on the Lord. Trust in Him and He will direct you and your family members on what to do.

As we can see from the experience of l Isaac and other saints of God, the reason for confidence in times of troubles are: (i) The promised presence of the Lord, and (ii) His assured blessings in spite of troubles. This was what God promised Isaac as he remained in the Lord's will even when there was famine in the land. His promises never fail even in famine, pestilence, sicknesses and any life problem. His presence is greater than all our challenges. Do not exchange His presence for anything. He is consistent and watches over His own.

PRAYER: Lord, please help me to always rely on your presence I promise you this no matter the challenges.

FURTHER READING: Proverbs 3:5-8

See more here:
Re: Sincere Milk — Be Warned! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:26am On Feb 16, 2022
TUESDAY FEBRUARY 15, 2022

JUST OBEY!
BIBLE TEXT: GENESIS 26:4-6

"Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws" (Genesis 26:5).

We see in Genesis 26:1-4 that God repeated and re-established His past promises with Abraham to Isaac, his son. How did Abraham come to deserve such quality promises that extends to generations after him? God Himself tells us the reason in Genesis 26:5 -"Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws,"

Our obedience to God is very important. The obedience of Abraham recognized by God was not merely an act of morality or good behaviour. It was an obedience of faith and the fear of God. He trusted God enough to act on His 'statutes' and His 'laws'. He knew that God's word is alive. It has life of itself, able to fulfil any matter God sends it to do.

His word, whether as written or spoken, heals, saves, delivers, makes barren women to have children, raises the dead, cleanses the leper, defeats enemies, purifies from sin and corruption. It can also change the worst of sinners.

There is nothing impossible with God. Obedience to God's word is the key to miracles, signs and wonders. This obedience of faith earned Abraham justification before God, and an everlasting covenant. Just obey!

PRAYER: Lord, help me to always trust in You and obey Your word.

FURTHER READING: Romans 4:1-3

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (50) (Reply)

Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation / Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!! / A Thread For Catholics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.